Battleborn PS4 Mid July weekend tournament

(roytrujillo12) #1

Hello battleborn PS4 community. Roy_Boy_Chipz here ,saying that a couple friends and I are thinking about a 1 day weekend tournament in mid July. We are still talking about this but I would really love to hear everybody’s feedback. Please comment and lets get this going!

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #2

I’d recommend having one person from each team stream, so that people who can’t participate can watch.

(roytrujillo12) #3

Ill most likely stream them all cause i wanna broadcast, well figure it out pal!

Just a few questions. I don’t know if you’ve had to flesh this stuff out as of yet:

1. Will it be team sign up (with I assume the option for individual sign up to be formed into teams) or will there be a player draft to determine teams?
  2. Which modes will be included?
  3. How will seeding be determined?
  4. Will there be be any character/helix bans (e.g. Nihilism, Space Lasers, Lumberjack Blast)?
  5. Will there be any “exploit” bans?
  6. How will disconnects be handled?
  7. How will team tardiness be determined and handled?
  8. Matches will be best of how many (or some other format)?
  9. Any prizes? (I considered briefly if perhaps a player sign up cost to be put into a pot for winnings would be a good incentive, but having to manage the money would be - if nothing else - a hassle)

I know a lot of this stuff is already established in 10-mans and league and I wouldn’t be surprised if it all matches, but thought some might be curious.

(Darth Huggles) #5

Disconnects would call for a rematch I’d imagine

My understanding is that with the Xbox league, disconnects within the first 3 minutes of the match calls for a restart, but after that the match continues and the player is expected to reconnect as soon as possible.

Will this tournament use that same guideline, or adjust it?

(Darth Huggles) #7

I’m not running this or anything but this is the impression I’m under;

1. Bring your teams
  2. Meltdown is focused on economy so Incursion
  3. shrug
  4. Nihilism for sure that stuff is busted
  5. Yes. El Dragon ult glitching being the most obvious example.
  6. I don’t see this being a problem but if it is I’m sure both teams can restart and swap players or whatevs really not that big of a deal to lose hair over
  7. I believe tardy teams will be drawn and quartered

Yerp just my two cents. I’m not sweating most of this stuff and I doubt Roy is either.

(Darth Huggles) #8

And before anyone asks; Rath’s spin canceling is allowed =b

(BM tutor) #9

Anyone that disagrees can be given the address of the nearest asylum.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #10

I’ve heard that “spinning” invariably leads to “winning”. Is this not so? :smirk:

(roytrujillo12) #11

The rules that are set arent permanent. We can always add or remove some as we get closer to the date. DATE IS July 27-29th yes I beleive having 3 days is ok. But depending on how many show up it might be less. I wil keep everyone update as we get closer to next month.

Games:

1. Incursion, meltdown, and Incursion is the format for regular matches.
    2.Semi finals and finals will be best of 7.
    3.This is a sensative subject for meltdown: FAT BOTS!
  2. I want to say fat bots are o.k. once the first 10 mins of a match are gone, but i would love to hear people’s feedback. as of now fat bots are NOT banned.
  3. PLAYER DISCONNECTS ARE A CALL FOR REMATCH! for the first time, if it happens again it can be played through.

Bans:
Im not a fan of honor bans. If any honor bans are put on the table I feel like it needs to be talked about.

1. Character exploits such as el dragon clothes line glitch, ambra sprint glitch, deande clone glitch will lead to that player being banned from that match and the reat of the series. If there are more let me know.( i also feel like if there is a deande clone gltch which is unententional then the captains can call for a rematch)
  2. Map exploits such as glitching in walls or getting into spots that players cannot encounter player resistance is also banned.
    If I missed some please let me know.
    3.Oscar Mike’s Level 10 Helix “Holy Crap, Space lasers” is banned. If a player uses this in a match, since it is a level 10 option, that team will forfeit the match.
  3. Orendi’s Level 6 Helix “Nihilisim” is alos banned, since its a level 6 option that player must forfeit the match.

Teams:

1. Teams can enter as a pre made 5
  2. 1 captain per team, atleast 1 sub. No more than 3 subs.
  3. Iam currently working on another page for team roster and free agents.
  4. Each team must play 1 of their subs for atleast 1 match. (It can be match 1 or match 2.)

Tournamnet Format:
1.I have a random generator for what teams will face each other for round 1.
2.I WOULD LIKE A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT. (LOSERS BRACKET AND WINNERS BRACKET) but that also depends on how many teams we get. I will keep everyone updated on that.

Gear:

1. Legendary gear is banned. If a player uses it they will need to leave the match.
  2. For meltdown all forms of econmy builds are banned, including wrenches, and gear that takes away buildable cost!
  3. For meltdown a max of 3 no cost shard generator for the limit!

For a prize im still thinking on that, but each team member including the subs that played, will recieve a prize.