Battleborn Sound Sync! (spent way too long on this)

Little project I’ve tinkered away at over the last couple of days. If you’ve ever heard gun syncs made using sounds from Call of Duty and whatnot, well, this is my attempt at something similar with Battleborn.

It’s my first attempt at doing anything like this (my music composition history is entirely orchestral), and despite the timing not always being perfect, I’m hella proud of it.

Let me know what you think!

30 Likes

Pretty cool. I think a drowned-in background of Deande’s blades would help.

1 Like

That’s cool! I’ve never seen anything like that before.

1 Like

Hey, thanks! There’s a fair few of them for other FPS games on youtube.

@wisecarver Could be a good idea, add some more texture into it.

1 Like

While I’m not big on electronica, I enjoyed it. :dukeaffirmative:

1 Like

Good job including Ambra (though seriously great job. Loved the Ernest click click click and Thorn was good)

2 Likes

Other than the lack of Kelvin, it was pretty cool. :yum:

1 Like

Kelvin’s definitely going to be a thing if I do another one - I’d just set it to export before I realised how many good sounds he’s got. Gah!

2 Likes

Pretty awesome. Enjoyed it. Thorn’s blight was the best drop ^^

1 Like

This is amazing! :heart:

And El Dragons slap has some badass sound potential indeed - very nice job!

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks, I was really happy with how the clap sounded. Plus the animation looks cool :dukecheese:

1 Like

I also think Catalytic Smash and Ghalts hook could make good beats maybe^^

1 Like

Definitely. Marquis’s and Thorn’s respective Ults are also on my list. Perhaps some of Attikus’s sounds as well?

1 Like

Attikus is good! Phasegate has potential too imo

Awesome job, I loved it. :slight_smile: If you ever do another, I would definitely like to see the inclusion of more characters too.

3 Likes

I like; I like. I used to love hearing this stuff back when I played TF2; glad to see it’s still a thing!

My only nitpick; have you tried bouncing it in different ways? It has a lot of really nice parts, but it feels like it lost something in the mix-down. You can hear it from time to time, where it feels like a low, bassy sound is missing. Ghalt’s shotgun, for example. It’s nothing bad; usually you can fix it by bouncing the audio differently; maybe use a different type of mono, or make it stereo?

The bit with the sunspots sounded so cool :stuck_out_tongue: this did make me laugh and would love to hear more, nice job!

Yeah - like I said, it’s my first time doing one of these, thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Sounds badass for a first time; looking forward to hearing what you do in the future!

1 Like