Battleborn Weekend Tob- BENEDICT'S epic lore quiz!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #1

Hiya fellas! Beya here! With the help from @HandsomeCam and @Benedict_87 I’m hosting this year’s Battleborn lore quiz!

Below in the highlighted section are 30 questions about the Battleborn heroes’ lore, and to enter the quiz you need to send me your answers in a PM. This thread will be closed so answers can be sent through PM only!

How will the quiz work?

The quiz will consist of 30 questions, and all of the answers can be discovered in-game. If you want to enter, please send me your answers through the forum’s Private Message system or through Twitter Direct Messages. The fastest one to answer all the questions correctly will win.

To clarify, the first one(s) to get ALL answers correct will win, so you will need to be fast to have the best chance! You will have two chances to change your answers if incorrect and there are still prizes to claim!

What if I don't have every character's lore completed?

If you need to find lore but don’t have it unlocked in-game, don’t worry; the complete lore of every character can be found on @lowlines “Battleborn Lore Bible” website, under the “Heroes” tab. Here is the link: https://lowlidev.com.au/battleborn/lore-bible

When will the quiz be available to complete?

The quiz will become available for you to participate in on May 17th 12 PM PDT, and it will close on May 19th at midnight PDT!

What can I win?

The winner will get a Lore Master’s community gear card, a special pearlescent blue version with sparkles plus 7 Legendary Pack SHiFT codes! Here’s a preview of what your card will look like, but it can be customized:
loothunt_gear_card_v2
2nd winner will get 5 Legendary Loot Pack SHiFT codes.
3rd winner will get 3 Legendary Loot Pack codes.

Additionally, once we finalize the Bro Certificate, all participants will get a code with which to redeem a Lore Quiz specific badge, which also unlocks an Oscar Mike poem (written by the one and only Jim Foronda)!

Good luck to all lore-hungry Battlefriends!

EDIT: The three winners have been found, and they are:
1st place, and the Battleborn Lore Master of 2019 is @ Pend_friend / @Insanekakashi
2nd @ CloneBroStarZ
3rd @ gibsomatixHYPE

Congratulations!

Everyone is still welcome to take the lore quiz for fun to test your knowledge, and there’s always the Bro Certificate badge + poem to unlock by doing so :smile:

Cut in on Benedict clearly talking into his phone’s selfie cam while walking down one of Nova’s corridors.

BENEDICT:

Hey y’all! Benedict here. I know, I know… You’re probably thinkin’ “Where’s Toby?”, or “What did ya do to poor little Toby, Benedict?” Well… actually, it’s a real funny story. See, I took this box: just a normal, everyday cardboard box; an’ I propped it up with a stick that I tied a piece of fishin’ line to. An’ underneath this box, I put a slightly opened tin of kippers. That’s it. That’s all I did, just like in a cartoon. Great Eagle strike me down now if i’m lyin’. I didn’t even expect anythin’ to come from this. I was just testin’ out a rumor that I was 99% sure was made up to make me look like an idiot. So imagine my surprise when everyone’s favorite little Finisci comes waddlin’ right towards my “devious” trap… AN’ FALLS RIGHT FOR IT!! HAHAHAHAHA!! OH MAN, THIS IS SERIOUSLY LIKE, THE SECOND BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!

Benedict proceeds to laugh and squawk for several minutes before regaining his composure.

BENEDICT:

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I just… I can’t believe he actually fell for it a second time! That’s right, the supposedly “genius-level intelligence” mech builder fell for the ‘ol box n’ stick routine twice. See, that’s the rumor that Pendles had told me: that The Lorrian had used that EXACT same method to catch Toby, only I didn’t believe it until now ‘cause Pendles likes to make crap up in attempts to get others to make gulls outta themselves. I’m sure you’ve all heard the story about Alani an’ the pants. Only I wasn’t the fool in this prank, Toby was!

Anyways, the reason I’m here right now instead of recordin’ Toby as he tries to peck his way outta that box is ‘cause I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take over his lore quiz. I gotta be honest though. His questions? Childishly easy. Seriously. I’m still gonna post them for y’all to answer an’ earn your prizes and stuff, but I thought it best to give y’all fair warnin’.

Benedict pulls out Toby’s phone featuring a case with an unrealistically buff penguin holding a wholly impractical broadsword in one hand and an unrealistically large machine gun in the other.

So here we go! Here’s Toby’s “Land-Wetter” level quiz, hosted by the sexiest Aviant that ever graced the skies!

Alani:
Who does Alani want to be friends with the most?

Ambra:
What did Ambra give to Alani as a sign of respect when they first met?

Attikus:
What was the date that Attikus was recruited to the Battleborn?

Beatrix:
What is the model type of Beatrix’s injector?

Benedict:
Who did Benedict accidentally convince Pendles to kill?

Boldur:
What creature does Boldur believe is the best suited for both friendship and combat?

Caldarius:
What is the name of Caldarius’ homeworld?

Deande:
What is the Jennerit name for Deande’s war fans?

El Dragon:
How much did it cost to replace El Dragon’s arms?

Ernest:
What is the name of Ernest’s UPR training course on grenades?

Galilea:
What is the name of Galilea’s sword?

Ghalt:
What is the name of the UPR gunsmith that built Ghalt’s shotguns?

ISIC:
What are the two reasons that ISIC decided to take up professional wrestling?

Kelvin:
What were the first words that Kelvin spoke, after being outfitted with Kleese’s universal translator?

Kid Ultra:
Who designed Kid Ultra?

Kleese:
What material is Kleese’s battle throne seat made of?

Marquis:
On what date did Marquis temporarily malfunction and attack Phoebe?

Mellka:
What does Mellka draw on each toxin pellet that she fires from her machine pistol?

Miko:
How is it believed that Miko learned to produce and use their kunai?

Montana:
What was Montana’s professional background before joining the UPR?

Orendi:
What was the name of the LLC vessel that Orendi stole?

Oscar Mike:
What is Oscar Mike’s RDC fabrication number?

Pendles:
What is the name of Pendles’ self-started business?

Phoebe:
What is the trademarked name of Phoebe’s phasic blade system?

Rath:
What did Rath forge Precept from?

Reyna:
What is Reyna’s nickname?

Shayne & Aurox:
How does Shayne control Aurox?

Thorn:
What did Boldur send Thorn as a metaphor for her strength?

Toby:
How old was Toby when he tried to join the UPR?

Whiskey Foxtrot:
What was the bounty for Whiskey Foxtrot worth, when he left the UPR to join the Rogues?

BENEDICT:

Now what in the hell was he givin’ out as the prize for this here contest? What the… IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A MOTIVATIONAL GIF? THIS WAS THE GRAND PRIZE??? Great Eagle help me, look at this…

You-Did-It-Tobys-Way

BENEDICT:

No. No. No. HELL NO. That is lame as hell. Where’s the customization? The braggin’ rights? Naw, this won’t do at all. How about a customized community gear card instead? Ya know… one of these babies…

Unbroken%20Talewings

We’ll call it the “Lore Master’s… Uh… Whatever…” and you’ll get to customize it however ya want! Your name, your braggin’ rights, your favorite quote! Hell, if ya wanna put it on your FaceBird next to that stupid Toby GIF, although I can’t imagine why, ya can do that too. Plus, ya get some tickets to redeem yaself some new fightin’ gear from the kiosk… ain’t none of that stuff gonna beat my rocket launcher ever!

Benedict smacks a control panel and enters a cargo bay. He switches to his phone’s fisheye lens, extends his selfie stick for a wide shot, lifts off, and gracefully lands perching on top of a standard upside-down UPR ration containment crate

BENEDICT:

So, ya want that lore card? Ya want those braggin’ rights? Well then send your answers to @beya in a PM.

TOBY: (Muffled)

LET ME OUT OF THIS BOX RIGHT NOW YOU F___ING A__HAT!!!

Benedict rolls his eyes, grins, and pounds the top of the box with his fist.

BENEDICT:

HEY! NO SHOUTIN’ IN THE BOX!

A pause.

S-sorry…

HEY, WAIT!!! WHY AM I APOLOGIZING!!???

Benedict snickers.

BENEDICT:

Gotta love that conditioned response. Like a trained seal.

I AM NOT A SEAL YOU F_____________________________________________________________!!!

BENEDICT:

Anyway, yeah. Send your answers in a PM to @beya.

YOU BETTER NOT BE F___ING WITH MY LORE QUIZ!!!

BENEDICT:

Don’t know how to do that? Click @beya’s name on this post and hit “message.” Real simple right? Right. Now if you’ll excuse me…

Benedict pulls a guitar out from behind a crate.

BENEDICT:

…I think someone needs a nappytime lullaby, y’all.

I’M GONNA KILL YOU WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE!!! I’LL RIP OFF YOUR WINGS AND I’LL USE THEM TO BUILD A WAR TENT!!!

Benedict waves from atop the crate grinning. The video begins to fade to black.

TOBY: (Fading out)

What did he tell you!? I just woke up here! Honest! LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

Fade up on Benedict strumming his guitar gently on top of the UPR crate. He slows the melody to a stop and sets the guitar aside.

BENEDICT: (Gently, as if cooing to a nestling)
That was “Don’t Poop the Nest Little Hatchling, Wear Your Diaper” performed in D minor.

He pauses for a response from Toby.

BENEDICT:
Oh, holy crap, I think he actually fell asleep. He-he-he-he… Oh, yeah. Uh… @beya messaged me tellin’ me there was a winner of Toby’s lil’ “Land-Wetter” quiz. An’ the winner is… @ Pend_friend / @Insanekakashi.

Congrats man. Hope ya enjoy your pearlescent community gear card. There were also second an’ third placers, but, they didn’t answer in time to get first place so… y’all get this I guess.

You-Did-It-Tobys-Way

Oh, and a bro certificate sticker or whatever. I dunno. I’ve been kind of occupied with this…

The cargo bay door can be heard opening. A light fills the room soon followed by loud metallic clanks and the telltale shadow of Berg looming ominously over Benedict. The rocket hawk looks perplexed. He stands and lifts the crate to peek underneath.

BENEDICT:
Huh… well now… I don’t know how ya did it but congratulations, I guess…

TOBY: (Darkly)
When you die, your emergency transport beacon goes off, a__hole.

BENEDICT:
HEY! I PUT AIR HOLES IN THE DAMN THING! I AIN’T THAT SADISTIC! Man, there’s a lot of blood under here… ohhhhhh…

Benedict drops the box.

BENEDICT:
…the lid from the kipper tin…

TOBY:
YEAH, BENNY! THE LID FROM THE KIPPER TIN!!! AND NOW I’M GOING TO SING YOU A SONG! IT’S CALLED, “DIE FOREVER FROM A MILLION RAILGUN BLASTS TO YOUR SCORCHED TORSO!!!”

BENEDICT: (Bemused)
Hey, ya know, when ya die, your emergency transport beacon goes off?

TOBY:
NOT IF I RIPPED OUT THE POWER CORES!!!

BENEDICT:
Did ya include the ones on the shuttles?

A pause.

BENEDICT:
Well? Did ya?

TOBY:
NO I DIDN’T DISABLE THE ONES ON THE SHUTTLES!!! F___________________!!! WHY DO YOU NEVER DIE???

BENEDICT:
Too sexy? I mean, that’d be my guess, but I ain’t hardly the one to interpret the will of the Great Eagle.

Toby’s railgun can be heard charging.

BENEDICT:
Still, this is gonna hurt like a bi—

The transmission cuts out suddenly.

Happy Battleborn Day everyone! Congratulations to our fastest lore masters and thanks to everyone who participated!

To find more about the event, remember to check out the event hub over here, read official Gearbox announcement of in-game rewards and stuff, follow the organizers on Twitter, and also visit this thread to see what else we’ve got planned!

5 Likes
(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) closed #2