Battlepass speculation

except we were told at the start that there wouldn’t be micro transactions in BL3 Randy Pitchford said that from the start.

2 Likes

maybe he can a lot of Fl4k :wink: :wink:

1 Like

January is usually the weakest month when it comes to Youtube ad revenues. Maybe this was just a (desperate) attempt to get some more money off of it. Especially considering the decline in interest in the game and videos of it.

1 Like

Don’t you remember borderlands 2? It had a lot of costume packs and everybody were fine with it. What’s the deal with bl3?

2 Likes

Right now the game is in dire need of fixing up. I’m unsure if BL2 early life were in a disaster state but most of us can’t ignore poor stuffs going on in this game. If Battlepass is a thing then they need to hold that off. Seriously.

If they gotta release it due to release date then cool I guess but I hope they don’t stealth nerf or bring anything broken, leaving most of us in the dust.

Battlepass is an insult honestly. What contents it may have I don’t know but fixing a game is a high priority. No doubt about that

6 Likes

There were some pretty nasty bugs, especially the one that would result in your character being completely deleted (made the zombie side quests in BL1 seem like nothing). And there were issues with the HC when it launched on XB1/PS4. So neither were completely smooth launches. But BL3 is significantly more ambitious in terms of visuals and mechanics than BL2 was for it’s launch platform.

6 Likes

I think the battlepass is stupid on games like BL3, there is no point to it

It’s important to note two things with that (Pitchford stating there won’t be MTX in BL3)…One is that Take 2/2k CEO Strauss Zelnick stated at a shareholders meeting two years ago that every 2k game going forward will have MTX in some form. He also gets a personal cut (in his contract as part of his compensation) of all MTX 2k sells. The other is that Pitchford was referring to lootbox style MTX and P2W gear and not cosmetic only MTX bundles like they sold in BL2. The goalposts have been moved so far that he (and many people) didn’t even consider these to be MTX (despite having to pay small amounts of money to buy something not in the base game, therefore by definition being a MTX).

Therefore, the only question is whether they will push it further with a battle pass, p2w gear (something like COD points to spend on exclusive legendaries or legendaries with in game drop rates so low that they might as well be exclusive to MTX) etc. Pitchford and accuracy of statements are not well known companions so there is a lot of reason to be skeptical here.

1 Like

Our life is full of microtransactions, IMHO. I buy lots of things that did not come with base product but that make it better: case for my iPhone, sticker for my laptop, charger for my car. Most people do not mind paying for things if they believe they get something valuable in return.

Perhaps that helps to understand why not everyone is up in arms about cosmetic pack for .99. Or a headhunter pack for 2.99 in BL2.

fair enough, I just hope that you’re wrong about that, and that I’m right. basically just because it would be better for everyone (or at least the majority of people) if we don’t have to deal with things like battle pass in bl3 ( already invested more than i’d want to have in cosmetics for bl2 i’d rather not repeat with bl3 I’d probably pay for whatever is thrown at us given i’ve sunk about $100 bucks already but i’d rather see the payoff for the season pass before anything else gets sent our way).

1 Like