Battleplan 16: 8/25/16

(Influencer Guy) #1

This week’s been another busy one, so we have lots of info for you. Let’s start with Ernest! Ernest is finally here for Season Pass and Digital Deluxe owners starting today. If that includes you, you can head on over to your Command Menu and use your hero key to instantly unlock him now! In celebration of Ernest, we’re discounting UPR Loot Packs by 50% until Monday, August 29th, at 8am PT, so put those extra credits from last week’s Double Credits event to good use! Ernest will be available to everyone next Thursday, September 1st, and will be unlockable for 47,500 in-game credits. If you’re EGGcited to get the early jump on seeing Ernest in action, head over to the [Gearbox Software Twitch channel](http://twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware) and you can check out the archived version of last week’s Ernest reveal stream. While you’re there, make sure to follow the channel as we’ll be hosting the PAX feed of our panel at PAX West! We’ll have a bit more on that below. You also might want to check out[ today’s Ernest release blog](https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-ernest-early-access-the-29th-battleborn/) for some info on our next Battleborn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvZleoeFiZY
As you probably know, since Battleborn’s release, we’ve been having regular community events in which we offer double XP. These events have been popular and well-received to the point where the whole community looks forward to them. With this in mind, we’re excited to announce that Boosters are coming to Battleborn. [As we mentioned a while back,](https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-dlc-plan-update-1-whats-next-for-battleborn/) these one-time-use items will give you a jolt to your Character and Command XP rate for 24 hours. Now you can call upon your own Double-XP event on demand whenever you like!

Also, this past week, you may have noticed that a new Story experience appeared in Battleborn. It’s called “Hardcore Spotlight” and we’re pretty excited about it. Hardcore Spotlight is a new weekend experience that we’re trying out that will enable you to publicly match into the Advanced Difficulty version of story missions with Hardcore Mode (no respawns!) enabled. What’s more, each week will rotate between a different group of missions that might have something in common. Last week’s missions took place on Ekkunar and this week’s will take place on Bliss.

You can access Hardcore Spotlight in the Public Story selection screen in the Main Menu. Of course, since it’s Advanced, that means the loot is even better than usual; on top of that, you’ll earn bonus credits, Command XP, and Character XP! Let us know what you guys think of Hardcore Spotlight mode in the thread below!

Changes this week are pretty simple and focus on our buddy Benedict again. As always, hot fixes begin rolling out every Thursday at 12pm PT (3pm ET).

• Increased the initial reload speed of Benedict’s UPR-SM23 Rocket Launcher.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Benedict’s Left Helix Augment “Ready Rockets” to reduce reload speed by 45% rather than 30%.

Just like with Pendles, we wanted to share some content from one of our awesome community contents creators, Solus Scientist! Solus Scientist is true to his name – bringing the community Battleborn content with a scientific flair.

“I decided on my online handle using the same literary device and uploaded my first video. I want my content to be, above all else, informative. You won’t ever find “Old Man Cranky” matches, “Worthy of Song” footage, or the like on my channel. I want my content to be a resource for players to help them better understand Battleborn. I teach better than I perform so this is the best way to do it. I have no previous experience in photo or video editing. I’m just a guy who loves Battleborn and is learning how to be better content creator as he goes.”

Last week we brought Hardcore Spotlight to Story Mode in Battleborn. This week, we’ll be introducing “Chaos Rumble”! Chaos Rumble is a new multiplayer experience that will be available for a limited time. In this mode, Character Uniqueness will be turned off. What does that mean? Well, a couple things: firstly, it means that you’ll be able to play any character you’d like regardless of whether or not a teammate has chosen them. That means no frustration at not being able to play the character you want. Secondly, there’s a reason we’re calling this “Chaos Rumble” – it’s because this mode is about enjoying the chaos and craziness that comes from altering our normal philosophy when it comes to character uniqueness. This mode is about diving in, throwing caution to the wind, and just having fun! Things won’t be as balanced as they usually are since removing character uniqueness introduces new team compositions that are irregular, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the madness!

Also, as we mentioned above, PAX West is coming up and we’re very excited to announce that the Gearbox Software PAX Panel will take place on Friday, September 2nd at 5pm PT in the theater at Benaroya Hall at 200 University St. We’ll be ready to have lots of fun and who knows; maybe we’ll even roll out some Battleborn news. If you can’t be there in person, make sure to follow the Gearbox Software Twitch channel where you can watch the panel live!

So where is ernest
Upr packs half off
(badguy5 on YouTube) #2

Great news! I’m super excited to throw a little chaos into the mix!

(YourVillain) #3

Aww, I wanted to be first for once

(Plasmastorm X15) #4

I’m getting pretty annoyed here. Not only was there no mention of the Command Menu and Match History bug fix, but Ernest isn’t in the game yet and it’s past 12pm EST for me.

(Maiku) #5

You guys REALLY need to fix that command menu bug. Getting really bothersome to have to quit my game each time I want to change a title, load out, look at a character, the marketplace… it’s been at least 4 weeks now and I haven’t seen it even mentioned without specially tagging a Gearbox rep

(RedX) #6

Nice hot fix! Can’t wait to try Ernest… Was hoping for a new Phoebe skin :frowning:

(badguy5 on YouTube) #8

Ya got to get up pretty early in the morning to beat me, kid. (jk)

Isn’t it past 12pm EST for everyone? Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

(The 8-Bit Wonder) #9

I love the idea of Boosters. On demand events sounds fun!

I also like that UPR packs are half off. Nice way to get people playing with the awesomeness that is Ernest.

(Creator of the Battleborn Discord) #10

Read the Battleplan. Check. Played Ernest. In progress.

(YourVillain) #11

If ya ain’t first you’re last

(RebelPenguins) #12

With this in mind, we’re excited to announce that Boosters are coming to Battleborn. As we mentioned a while back, these one-time-use items will give you a jolt to your Character and Command XP rate for 24 hours. Now you can call upon your own Double-XP event on demand whenever you like!

Are these microtransaction items or can you use in-game credits I wonder…

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #13

Yeah, can someone please, please, PLEASE look into this if nobody is already. Best case scenario, we can go back to the title screen and “fix” the issue, but it’s a nuisance and a half. Hell, it’s two nuisances!

Does this mean that reloads take less time (i.e., a buff) or reloads take more time (i.e., a nerf)?

(steamcommunity.com/id/autumnal/) #16

I’m thrilled for Ernest and Kid Ultra, but my Ouija board says “Discord Ahead” regarding another new paid addition in the form of boosters. If you can get them with credits, I predict no outcry, however if it’s plat only, I predict more doomsaying.

Personally, at this point, I don’t give two ■■■■■ if they’re plat only, but I’m really, really chill.

(badguy5 on YouTube) #17

Wait a minute. Is that supposed to say “increased” and “speed” or is it supposed to increase reload TIME?

Because his reload speed is fast enough, and should be decreased.

(Ericfriedman94) #18

Do the people working on balance not realize that Benedict is in a good place now? Why the hell do they want him to be broken people are still complaining he’s to powerful why make him even more so… Well you see we wanted to boost his damage by 20 percent so we tried that and it was to powerful so we brought that down to 10 percent and gave him twice the reload speed so we now officially have buffed him to double his overall damage per second…
This is not what anyone in the community wanted

(The 8-Bit Wonder) #19

Did no one see the second bullet point?

(badguy5 on YouTube) #20

Did someone say Battleborn Community Discord Channel?!
https://discord.gg/battleborn

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #21

Benedict Buff and fixes? Just the hotfixes I like to see! /sarcasm

■■■■ I’m so disappointed in the hotfixes more and more each week…what’s going on team? Y U DO DIS 2 ME?

We need them Kelvin and S&A Buffs!

Also, @JoeKGBX is there going to be a monthly patch this month or nay? Just wanna know if I should be waiting on one or not. We’ve had one every month so, I want to avoid disappointment/rage by knowing if it’s comin’ or not. Thanks

(The Art of the Foxtrot) #22

Still waiting on that prestige system. @JoeKGBX ples.