Battleplan 23: 10/13/16

(Legendary Punzerker) #1

The time has come – _Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion_ arrives today alongside Face-Off, Battleborn’s newest PVP mode. We’ve been talking about both for a while now, so there’s no shortage of info, but if you’d like to see it in action, you’re in luck! Today on [the Gearbox Software Twitch channel](http://twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware), we’ll be holding our Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion Reveal Stream.

Not only will we be showing off some of the Story Mode action, we’ll also have two teams’ worth of Gearbox Developers on hand to showcase Face-Off mode in all its glory! This time around, Community Manager Joe King will be co-hosting the stream with New Media Manager Elisa Meléndez. Joining Joe and Elisa will be Battleborn Creative Director Randy Varnell and Designer Ian Childs.

The stream will begin at 3pm PT (6pm ET), so come with your questions ready. Make sure to head over and follow the Twitch channel so you can be notified whenever we go live!

Speaking of Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion, you may remember that, during the open beta, we promised you PlayStation 4® players out there that you’d be receiving the first Battleborn add-on for free. Well, that’s still the plan! Not only that, but we’re also throwing in a Hero Key while we’re at it. All you’ll need to do is jump into the game and we’ll do the rest.

We have a few hot fixes to include this week. As always, hot fixes begin rolling out on Thursdays at 12pm PT (3pm ET) unless otherwise noted.

• Increased El Dragón’s base health by 92. This change is additive with previous health adjustments
• Increased the damage of El Dragón’s Clothesline by 133% (from 75 to 175 at level 1)
• The “Master of Phoebe” challenge now appropriately requires Character Rank 15

It’s been a little while since we featured a Community Badass and we thought this would be a good week for one. When scouring the community, one name kept popping up – forum user “lowlines”, who has created a plethora of helpful guides on our forums. Make sure to check out our feature on lowlines on the forums for links to all his incredible guides and some info on what makes him tick.

This week’s lore was a little easier to come by than last week’s. No one had to risk life or limb; it just required a little digging through Nova’s archives:

(19959.16 C.R., transcript of secure-channel messaging between Captain Trevor Ghalt and Sister Ambra, retrieved from Nova’s archived records.)

[COLOR=GREEN]Sister Ambra,
I’m not really sure who else to go to about this, but uh, Attikus locked himself in the simulation chamber a while ago. I’d get Kleese to shut it down, but he said he’s busy modifying that Magnus we picked up for combat. Nova says that if we really want, she can “airlock” him out—why we have an airlock IN the simulation room, I’m sure I don’t know. Anyway, you’re kind of my last shot here.
-Ghalt[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RED]Captain Ghalt,
Though my qualifications are both extensive and substantial, I fail to see how any of them apply to this situation. I am a Silent Sister of the Order of the Sustaining Mother, not a locksmith. Have you tried knocking?
-Sister Claudia Ambralia Divia[/COLOR]

[COLOR=GREEN]Ambra,
I know better than to get anywhere near Attikus when he’s…moody. But even from outside the room, I heard him roaring something about a Silent Sister named “Aria”, I think? I figured maybe being a Sister yourself; you might know what’s going on.
-Ghalt [/COLOR]

[COLOR=RED]Trevor,
Aria is my sister, an Incantress Superior of the Order. It comes as no surprise that he is taking his time dealing with her. She can be quite insufferable. I expect he’ll tire of her shrewish face and shrill whining soon.

[COLOR=GREEN]Ambra,
I’m confused. When you say “sister”, do you mean a fellow Silent Sister, or a sibling?
-Ghalt[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RED]Trevor,
Both.
-Ambra[/COLOR]

Did it not occur to you that there might be some tactical relevance to your having family within the Order? Why didn’t you ever mention her before? Is she dangerous?
-Ghalt[/COLOR]

“Family” is too warm a word for Aria. We haven’t been close for eleven thousand years, not since…the incident. I didn’t think my personal rivalry was germane to our objectives. And I feel I should hardly need remind you that EVERY Silent Sister is dangerous. But yes, Aria especially. She wears that GARISH modified assault frame, and is a practiced hand at pacifying Thrall. During the rebellions, we emphasized non-lethal suppression tactics. Standard procedure was to just drop shock anchors until they calmed down.
-Ambra[/COLOR]

[COLOR=GREEN]Ambra,
That sounds really NOT non-lethal.
-Ghalt[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RED]Trevor,
Yes, well, there was “emphasis”, not “exclusivity”. Besides, it’s good for the survivors. Toughens them up. Builds character. Establishes a regular heart rhythm.
-Ambra[/COLOR]

He’s been in there for days.
-Ghalt[/COLOR]

Perhaps I should intercede more directly…I’ll see what I can do.

With today’s release of Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion and its accompanying livestream in the bag, we’ll turn our attention to everyone’s most anticipated support Magnus, Kid Ultra. You know what that means – time for another Character Reveal Stream! Next Thursday (10/20) at 3pm PT (6pm ET), we’ll go live with our Kid Ultra Reveal Stream and discuss everything from his kit and skills, to his inspirations and evolution. Look for more details including our panel line-up in next week’s Battleplan!

Battleplan Lore Archive
Give Me Feedback: Content Updates for Attikus DLC on lowlidev
Battleplan Lore Archive (All lore posts prior to Darkspace Part 4 in one thread)
(- a disappointed PC player) #2

First, once again ^^. Whooops.

5h left till the update.

So how will the El Dragon’s health buff work? Will it still be nerfed after the patch goes live?

(¡Apagando las luces!) #3

What a glorious Battleplan.

(Zstreet17) #4

I too am curious about this health change to Dragon. Are you buffing his health 92 just to drop it down 137(my numbers may be off) or is the hotfix buffing his health and the patch no longer decreasing it?

(The 'Arrogance' Deande) #5

That lore…ahem…when I read the lore item…and seen the name Divia…I had to double take…

(Gt: YaCantDutchThis) #7

Ooooooh, this lore is glorioooous.

(PSN:Suii1221) #8

What happened to all of those balance changes?
Minion updates?
Etc

(Hellsticks) #9

It would be really cool if the release time could be changed, I live in Germany and the DLC will arrive at 11pm here, that is a little to late to play it today.

I’m sure I’m not the only european who wants to play the DLC today.

(¡Apagando las luces!) #10

Still happening. I’m assuming the changes announced here are just last minute additions.

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #11

Should we guess that we’ll get early access to Kid Ultra October 27th?

(Kazuma92) #12

Im europian too, and we have to be patient. :slight_smile: Damn, i stopped play the game 5 days ago, but after i saw the DLC trailer, i will come back! I started Guild Wars 2, i will play both, lol. Pc playerbase needs more people btw.

(Accursius13) #13

Is that one of the new skins?

(unmaking the universe with math) #14

Fantastic Stuff 10/10
Great improvement on the lore
Seems like you took @EdenSophia’s advice to heart
I can hardly wait
2pm cant come soon enough

@lowlines
wats dis?

did you get all the new item data?
jealous :weary:

(Natsume Ryu) #15

Congrats to Lowlines! Much deserved! <3
To the europeans: Im in the us, but because of the way my internet bandwidth works i wont get to play it till tomorrow - which i work in the morning, so ‘if’ i wake up early enough to dl it i wont get to play till tomorrow afternoon. youll have a good 12 hours on me by then :stuck_out_tongue:

(Grippy) #16

Wait wait wait I could’ve swore there were more fixes then that? Am I missing something? Or are these just last minute add ons? If so could some send me the link to look at the changes? Also did Deande get another new skin or what? I saw someone posted a GIF of her with a skin I’ve never seen and I’m so pumped!!!

(- a disappointed PC player) #17

Here:

(Grippy) #18

Is that a new skin she got with the update?!

(Grippy) #19

Thanks my man!

(PSN:Suii1221) #20

Hope so.
Was looking forward to most of them.
I feel a nice big update is what this game needs to revitalize it a bit.

I point of clarification please @JoeKGBX. Is the patch being rolled out at the same time as the hotfixes or is it on a different release schedule?