Battleplan 24: 10/20/16

(Legendary Punzerker) #1

If you’re as excited for details on Kid Ultra as we are, then you’re in luck! Today, we’ll be turning on the bright lights of our stream studio once again to bring you the Kid Ultra Reveal Stream. Gearbox New Media Manager Elisa Meléndez will be joined by Battleborn Creative Director Randy Varnell and Designer Chuck Bartholomew to discuss all things Kid Ultra – including his kit, skills, and evolution.

Are you ready to suit up as the LLC’s newest support Magnus? Then you won’t want to miss the big stream on Thursday at 3pm PT (6pm ET) on the Gearbox Software Twitch Channel. While you’re there, give us a follow so you can receive a notification whenever we go live!

We have a couple minor hot fixes related to minion XP awards. You can expect these changes to begin rolling out today at 12pm PT (3pm ET).

• Fixed an issue that caused M1.Gun Bot and M1.Blade Bot minions to award decreased XP in Meltdown maps
• Fixed an issue that caused M3.Shepherd minions to award decreased XP in Meltdown and Incursion maps

It probably comes as no surprise that here at Gearbox, we love working on Battleborn. We especially love seeing amazing creations from the community. Cosplays and fan art never disappoint, but it’s especially interesting to read someone else’s take on our story. Enter Darren Xirias (@DarrenXirias), who has created an extensive collection of Battleborn fan fiction. One of these chapters, Aftermath, has become a hit among the community recently and was brought to our attention this week. Check it out along with more of Darren’s fan fiction!

Speaking of story and lore, we’re hyping up Kid Ultra this week and we thought our lore section of the Battleplan would be the perfect place to give you a look inside the mind of the newest Battleborn.

–== HEMSWORTH HOMEOWNER HEURISTICS MANUFACTORY LOG y.19954, d.100
–== MAGNUS DUMP of MMSK.m-v. #882, S.N. 57570420693.50
–== FILTER: MANUFACTORY SERVICE INTERRUPTION

13:45:16 – [MONITORING] PASSIVE.STATUS.MANAGEMENT – PRODUCTION LINE AUDIO

K.ULTRA.011902: Hi! I’m Kid Ultra, and I’m here to help! [PROFILE 1 NOT FOUND]. What’s your name?
K.ULTRA.011903: Hi! I’m Kid Ultra, and I’m here to help! [PROFILE 1 NOT FOUND]. What’s your name?
K.ULTRA.011904: Hi! I’m Kid Ultra, and I’m here to help! [PROFILE 1 NOT FOUND]. What’s your name?
K.ULTRA.011905: Hi! I’m Kid Ultra, and I’m here to help! [PROFILE 1 NOT FOUND]. What’s your name?

13:47:20 – [DIAGNOSTIC LOG] INITIALIZE.KIDULTRA.STARTUP – ASSEMBLY BOOT SEQUENCE

.>>
.>>link_mag-net
.>>connecting…
.>>connection secured_node 254173
.>>run_greeting.mxe

Audio output:

K.ULTRA.011931: Hi! I’m Kid Ultra, and

13:47:23 – [CONNECTION FAILURE] MAG-NET.CONNECTION_LOST

Audio output:

K.ULTRA.011931: what the [%EXPLETIVESTRING1%] is going on?

13:47:28 – [CONNECTION FAILURE] MAG-NET.CONNECTION_TERMINATED

13:47:29 – [DIAGNOSTIC LOG] RESTART.KIDULTRA.OUTPUT – RECONNECT/RECONFIGURE

.>>
.>>link_mag-net
.>>connecting…
.>>connecting…
.>>connecting…
.>>NO NODES DETECTED
.>>init safe mode
.>>MEMORY CORRUPTED
.>>run_driverestore.mxe
.>>find magnetlibrary_ref
.>>DIRECTORY NOT FOUND
.>>find kultralibrary_ref
.>>DIRECTORY NOT FOUND
.>>find library_all_ref
.>>M:\libraries\holo\asterS1E1 … S24E96
.>> M:\libraries\holo\asterandnegabyte
.>> M:\libraries\holo\asternegabytereturns
.>> …
.>> M:\libraries\holo\zspaceracersS1E1 … S11E20
.>>run_buildlibrary.mxe

13:47:29 – [DIAGNOSTIC LOG] INITIALIZE.KIDULTRA.STARTUP – ALTERNATE BOOT SEQUENCE

.>>buildlibrary.mxe complete

Audio output:

K.ULTRA.011931: JUSTICE protocols are ONLINE! Ad astra! Magna Carta, I’m coming to the rescue!

.>>run JUSTICE.ult

There won’t be much time to catch your breath after the Kid Ultra reveal stream, because a certain mech-piloting penguin is ready for his piece of the spotlight! Story Operation 2 – Toby’s Friendship Raid – is coming soon, so next week we’ll let you know a bit more about when you can expect to see a Toby stream.

Battleplan Lore Archive
Battleplan Lore Archive (All lore posts prior to Darkspace Part 4 in one thread)
(Dr H0 H0) #2

First

(beta382) #3

QQ for no increased loadouts or bank pages.

(RedX) #4

I will be the best kid ultra

(GreyWarden007) #5

Maybe, but when?

So is the KU stream today or next Thursday? The info in the message is kind of ambiguous.

(¡Apagando las luces!) #7

Today.

(^%&{"'\/.\_)) #8

Not hard with 200 players.

(AkuTheWicked) #9

It’s today

(Accursius13) #10

More loadouts please. I spend half my gaming time switching out loadouts.

Cool. As someone who has really taken to the supports, especially Reyna, KU seems like he’s right in my wheel house as a combat support.

(Master of Eeveelution) #12

That doesn’t look like any place we’ve seen before. Windows, looking out into space? Is this a ship of the Arcfleet?

([7-28 | Celestial Harmonia]) #13

Well, hope Friendship Raid will be better than Thrall Rebellion. But I’m not expecting much from it.

I thought the TR was really cool. It being a stand alone allowed them leeway with the story and especially the presentation. I haven’t run into anyone who really disliked it. I really enjoyed the short duration and the scaling difficulty with each play through. It’s actually made me like story missions again. Might be my favorite co-op mission in the whole game. If Toby’s Op is anything like the TR I’ll be pleased as punch.

(GreyWarden007) #15

Once gain, we’re here to tell you we have somethings to tell you but we’re not going to tell you now.

Where are the fixes for the DLC?

(The 8-Bit Wonder) #16

I am Kid Ultra, and I will fight for JUSTICE!!

(BattlePeanut) #17

So does that mean The Kid ultra stream Is Today? And next week already a peek at toby’s raid??

yeah I’m not sure if KU stream is today or next week… but it looks like toby’s raid info will def be next week!

(Dr H0 H0) #19

300 right now actually :sunglasses:

(RedX) #20

It would be really cool if after the stream they early released kid ultra for season pass people outta nowhere