Battleplan 29: 12/1/16

(Legendary Punzerker) #1

Well, it’s good to be back! As relaxing as the Thanksgiving break was, it’s good to return to battle… planning. During the break we welcomed an influx of new players into the ranks of the Battleborn, so if this is your first Battleplan, welcome! With that in mind (and since we’re looking at another slow week as we get the Battleborn news machine warmed up again), we thought it would be fun to revisit the past a little bit by featuring a couple videos from around launch time. Think of it as a nostalgic refresher if you were around then. If you’re new blood, then maybe this is first time viewing for you, so enjoy!

Find out how high the stakes are in the Battleborn story trailer

More of a PVP player? We can help you out there, too.

Maybe you’re looking for a more “high level” overview of Battleborn? Then try our “Bootcamp” trailer:

Like what you see here? There’s plenty more where that came from on the Battleborn YouTube channel!

While we didn’t have a full Battleplan last week, we did end up making a few last-minute changes before the break. We detailed these in a “mini-Battleplan” of sorts. The changes included some Kid Ultra adjustments as well as a change to PVP queues on PS4. You can get caught up on last week’s mini-Battleplan HERE if you missed it.

As you may remember, a couple weeks ago, we were thrilled to be able to support “Battleborn Day”, the community created event to celebrate Battleborn! A big part of Battleborn Day was centered on seasoned players welcoming in new players and showing them the ropes. The whole day was a huge success and we’re looking forward to bringing you more info on how it was put together from the creators themselves soon. In the meantime, we thought we’d share a few stats with you that we think show what a success Battleborn Day was.

For reference, these numbers stretch from November 11th to November 13th:

Enemies:

• Minions killed: 6,016,923

• Thrall killed: 8,499,166

Shards:

• Shards collected: 1,375,727,720

Gear:

• Legendaries awarded: 22,206

• Most common legendary: Arcship Raider’s Wrench (3,018)

Incursion:

• Sentries destroyed: 10,357

Toby’s Friendship Raid:

• Ships destroyed: 39,102

XP:

• Total player XP earned: 18,790,158,360

Next week, we’ll be firing up the ol’ Gearbox stream machine again and bringing you something we think you’ll be very excited about. We have another update coming to _Battleborn_ very soon and we’ll be looking to share the details with you next Thursday (12/8). This is a _major_ update and there’s going to be a lot to talk about, so this will be a special extended two-hour stream! Starting at 2pm PT (5pm ET -- an hour earlier than usual), New Media Manager Elisa Meléndez will be joined by Designer Grant Kao and Creative Director Randy Varnell to fill you in on all the info you’ll need to know. Make sure to[ follow the Twitch channel](https://www.twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware) if you haven’t so you’re eligible to win a MEGA code, and have your questions ready. This is going to be one stream you won’t want to miss.

(- a disappointed PC player) #2

1st!

Sad there are no fixes tho.

I guess the major update will include the gear overhaul(?).

(Gerard HDZ) #3

An incoming update? Nice

(PSN:Santbech_2038) #4

Ugh! I dont want to wait an other week ;-;

(PSN-JazzyLemmon) #5

WOW such a disappointment. Looks like Titanfall 2 free weekend will get my attention… Shame no fixes or relevant news

(Tryak74lol) #6

Next time try reading the battleplan with your glasses on.

(Hobbit Warrior) #7

6 of those were mine. :slight_smile:

(Legendary Punzerker) #8

Slow week this week points to big week next week. :wink:

(Master of Eeveelution) #9

Pretty sure these were all me, at least the PvP ones anyway.

Another patch eh? So long as you’re rolling out major nerfs and no more buffs I’ll be happy. I’ll be happy anyway, but there are some particular characters who kinda sorta need slight tweaks… OH, will we poor Aussies be getting the option to region lock to an Oceania server? We love our red bars and all, but we’d like to not lag at least once a week :stuck_out_tongue:

(PSN-JazzyLemmon) #10

Dangling carrot isnt a good thing, one could say that it leans towards a last minute scramble or lack of general direction especially when you promoted the Dec 1st battleplan as you were taking 2 weeks off…

(The 8-Bit Wonder) #11

I hope the next update is really big. I haven’t played any Battleborn for a little while since Pokemon came out, but I’m definitely starting to crave it again.

(GreyWarden007) #12

Two slow weeks actually, so I hope “big week next week” means something will actually happen next week rather than another announcement and a third slow week.

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #13

Here’s hoping that a Gear Overhaul will be part of the next major Patch. I’m tired of NOT using the 100+ Pieces of Legendary Gear I have accumulated with so much frustration and love.

I didn’t expect much this week, so I’m not disappointed with the lack of…well…anything.

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #14

Usually they announce the upcoming patch a week or so in advance, so I don’t expect the patch to drop next week. So…we may well be looking at a 3rd “slow week” in a row.

(PSN:Santbech_2038) #15

Lore! Where is the lore!!! You sir dont have a “like” untill i get the lore of this week!! Something about Queen and king mike would be spreciated.

Edit: could we have a montana skin with cereal in his face? Name it champion’s breakfast

(PSN-JazzyLemmon) #16

Agreed Carrot dangling even more and then wait for this… its Christmas time and nothing till Mid January…

(Master of Eeveelution) #17

No way, we’re definitely getting xmas skins. Santa Kleese and Sexy Santa’s Little Helper Boldur.

(The 8-Bit Wonder) #18

I didn’t expect anything this month due to the holidays coming up, so this is actually a pleasant surprise for me.

(PSN-JazzyLemmon) #19

HA! they missed the Halloween boat, while Overwatch didnt… Thanksgiving was well… decent compared to nothing… I bet all we get is Fruitcake and not the cool skins you and everyone knows they should have ready…

Dont foget Reyna as Mrs, Claus, Melka and THorn sexy little elfs. Kelvin as a snowman. Marquis as a nutcracker… eh I can go on and on… Ideas for Free…?

(PSN:Santbech_2038) #20

No! Delet your post! Dont give them ideas to make me spend !! I cant! Not for a while!!

If they do it or something similar, ill make you responsable of my economy D: (jk i would buy it anyway .-. im weak)