Battleplan 36: 1/26/17

Deande? Can she still have a shield?

2 Likes

Where is the versus draft mode. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TAKE IT AWAY IT WAS THE SINGLE BEST THING THE DEVELOPERS HAVE DONE SINCE RELEASE. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT, I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT ANY LONGER TO HAVE IT BACK THIS IS PURE BS.

Kleese is asking too, lol. I can just imagine the thought process of people getting hit by mortars and/or burst dash and being like “what in the actual ■■■■ just hit me” and it makes me laugh every time

3 Likes

I like that the fun queues are given in advance. Keep up the good work, ya filthy animals.

5 Likes

“And a happy new year!”

12 Likes

Versus Draft mode is still in there in this new battle plan. Please relax

1 Like

Its not in game now, i do not want to wait. They need to stop taking away features i was playing on psn and the wait times were not bad during the last week with three queues.

Update: THANK YOU GEARBOX FOR BRINGING IT BACK

holy crap they are literally hitting the bread and butter issues now. Took 8 months but this is happening now.

I’m feeling like these guys really care. This is good ■■■■.

claps enthusiastically

4 Likes

Me too,maybe I can get Toby’s double kill lore challenge now.

Versus draft was removed from Xbox1 because not many players were using it?

Those new rumbles though… dang those look like fun!

Also that new lore is very interesting. I always had suspicions that Boldur’s tree was alive, but having it at a dodgy level of parasitic growth is definitely a new one. Hope to hear more about this in the new Op.

Although I still haven’t figured out if the “Cedar Bear” is a tree or a bear. Both? Neither? Am I missing something obvious? Some parts of the lore refer to it as a tree, but the poem refers to it as an actual bear.

@dante_d_silva Can you give us any more background on this, or do we have to wait until the next Op releases?

Its back now

3 Likes

To quote my statistics textbook from college,
“The solution of this problem is trivial and is left as an exercise for the reader.” :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve got my theories, but that’s all they are–I’m more interested to hear everyone else’s!

2 Likes

Warfare Rumble- Seems like this mode is just a huge boon towards Eldrid characters. Will every faction get hp7/s innately as well?

The Queue changes look promising, and Solo Queue can’t come fast enough. I have the most fun when a hodge podge gather to derp on the field, over making or versing a finely tuned team.

You explicitly say, VS draft is for the “try-hard” 5 mans, and I hope they gather there, but being the ever pessimist, i wager they’d rather prey on the beginner friendly loose-elo matchmaking of QM.

Why stress over every minute decision, memorize every cd (your teams and the enemies) keep internal trackers of minion/thrall/shard/buildable spawns; play with the most rote and cookie cutter load outs etc etc …

WHEN they can bring their CC chain train and get 25-0+ kd/r games with no effort. Gotta validate your worth with them titles!

Shame it’s difficult to differentiate 5 man groups to help with MM. Some are just a ton of drunk friends playing recklessly with no synergy ( and can play worse than a pug team) , and then there are the tournament hopefuls.

ASIDE FROM THAT. This BP is awesome. The continued support and clear direction post WU is well regarded. The new modes sound interesting, but I feel will be broken within an hour (as Chaos Rumble has if you want to win-win) Only time will tell!

Cheers!

1 Like

Big Head Mode made me think of Goldeneye. God I want a private Slappers Only mode now.

Wonder if the Demon Bear is actually just a feverish, hallucinating Boldur who’s backtree is growing into some internal bodily systems and pumping some not-so-fun chemicals into his bloodstream…

4 Likes

I have no theories myself - just sheer joy that Boldur will someday be killed by his own idiocy, as I always expected. I never doubted that he was immortal, but I was also certain he was even more stupid.

There is no Quick Match on Xbox1

Yeah, no quick match on Xbox. Cheers, GBX for that.

So this will basically be Free For All?

No need for that snark. There are more constructive ways to report a mistake that might be better received by the programmers.

2 Likes