Battleplan 39 2/16/17

(Influencer Guy) #1

There’s a lot to get to this week, so let’s dive right in! As you may know, a few months ago, the friendly denizens of [the /r/Battleborn subreddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/Battleborn/) took it upon themselves to create _Battleborn_ Day. _Battleborn_ Day is a day that is by the community and for the community. It’s also a day that encourages veterans to take newcomers under their wing and show them the ropes. We thought this was great; so much so that we decided to support it by throwing in some fun in-game events. Well, /r/Battleborn is at it again and have decided that _Battleborn_ Day should make a triumphant return.

As such, this Saturday (February 18th) has been deemed Battleborn Day 2.0, and just like last time, we have a few things planned to help support this great community effort. We can’t emphasize that last part enough, by the way - this event is solely organized by the community itself. We’re just along for the ride, and we’re happy to support it in any way we can. Here’s what you can expect to see happening in-game from Friday, February 17th at 2pm PT (5pm ET) until Monday, February 20th at 8am PT (11am ET):

Lootpocalypse

• Boss Drop Rate increases: 50% (Normal difficulty) 75% (Advanced difficulty)

• Champion and Elite enemy drop rate increases

• All enemies and bosses drop more higher rarity gear

• Rare and Epic packs have an increased chance to drop more Rare, Epic, and Legendary gear

• Commander packs have an increased chance to drop more Epic and Legendary gear

Also:

• Legendary and Faction Loot Packs will be available for purchase

• Skins and Taunts will be on sale

• Special Battleborn Day Titles

Additionally, everyone who logs into Battleborn during the Battleborn Day festivities will automatically unlock TWO gold skins – Ghalt’s “Firstborn” and Kelvin’s “Phase Transition”. That won’t be all you’ll see on Saturday, so make sure you’re following @Battleborn on Twitter – ya know, just in case there’s more. (There will be more.)

As we approach the Choctaw Festival of Gaming, we are going to slow the rate at which we push out balance related changes in an effort to let the metagame stabilize. We believe that this will allow more players to get a concrete sense of the current meta and adapt to the state of the game. That said, we’ll continue to keep an eye on things during this time and make any necessary changes at the most appropriate time(s) possible.

As always, each week’s hot fixes begin rolling out on Thursday at 12pm PT (3pm ET).

General

• Fixed an issue that allowed Beatrix and Benedict to be continually healed for “1” hp when at max health

Meltdown: Finale

This week in Battleborn Versus Queues:

• Saturday, 2/18 - Versus Draft is back for Battleborn Day! This will be the start of a normal weekly rotation. Grab your team and jump into Battleborn Draft Saturdays for challenging competitive fun!

Looking to the future:

• Next Wednesday 2/22, Solo Queue returns for the start of a regularly weekly rotation. Every Wednesday, Solo Queue or Solo/Duo queue will be available for mid-week small team queuing.

You may have come across information recently on the upcoming $10K _Battleborn_ tournament at the Choctaw Festival of Gaming that’s happening March 3-5 in Durant, OK. Last weekend the online qualifiers were held and it was a pretty action-packed tournament. We want to give a brief shout out and a "congrats!" to the winners:
  • Dunk Squad

• Lost Heroes

In winning the qualifiers, both teams have earned themselves official sponsorships from Gearbox, including hotel and airfare to the Choctaw Festival of Gaming, tours of the Gearbox Software studios, and more! Congratulations!

We’ll also have a contingent of Gearbox developers on hand at the tournament as well and look forward to an awesome weekend of hanging out with the community and taking in some competitive Battleborn!

This week’s lore sees Kid Ultras pitching his own… T.V. show?!

To: p_hemsworth.IV@hemsworth
Subject: Pitch
Hey Phoebe!

Kid Ultra here, and boy do I have a GREAT IDEA that I’d like your input on! I’ve been SIDEkicking around this idea for a while. Everyone knows about the great heroes of history (like Captain Aster and Inspector Spectre, Ghost Detector). BUT, WHAT IF (bear with me) we made NEW HEROES?
Here’s my idea: with your help, we could make a holoshow about crime-fighting and justice, to inspire the next generation of BATTLEBORN! I’ve already reached out to Captain Aster via the Little Lasernauts League official mailing list, but so far I haven’t gotten a response. Luckily, we have some of our own talent on our team who were happy to help!

I’ll have some footage to show you later, but for now, I’ve attached a sample of the script I’m working on for our first episode.

Let me know what you think!
Also we need funding.
Potentially a Holoshow Hero,
Kid Ultra

FADE IN:
TITLE SEQUENCE
NARRATOR (v.o.)
“While transporting a petrified Bliss-frost sculpture and an Aztanti flowerpot, the LLS Morningstar II ran afoul of a rogue quark-storm! Though the crew escaped on emergency shuttles, the storm transformed and twisted them, granting them incredible abilities, and an instinct for EVIL. Endowed with sentience, Icebreaker and Evergreen, with the help of the ship’s AI ‘Ultro’, patrol the universe in search of the villainous crew members to send them to the one facility that can contain them: the Port Mynos Museum of Uncanny Criminal History!”
(SUPER AWESOME THEME MUSIC)
TITLE CARD
“STARRING: Kelvin as ICEBREAKER,”
TITLE CARD
“Miko as EVERGREEN,”
TITLE CARD
“and Kid Ultra as ULTRO”
OPENING CREDITS
“Written for holoscreen by K. Ultra
Produced by Ultra Productions, a subsidiary of Hemsworth Media
Directed by Kid Ultra
(etc.)”
DISSOLVE TO:
INT. DOCTOR NEFARION’S LAIR – NIGHT
Two figures, a humanoid mushroom and an ice-golem, roam the halls of the abandoned manufactory. They are stoic, but cautious. The air is tense with danger. EVERGREEN holds up a hand, signaling a halt.
EVERGREEN
“Our quarks are vibrating…we have a bad feeling about this.
ICEBREAKER
“Yes, I feel it too. Ultro, what do your sensors show?”
ULTRO (over radio)
“It looks like there’s a wavefront scrampression propagating through the isotopic magnetochrons in the manufactory.”
ICEBREAKER
“Where there’s magnetochronal scrampression, there’s fire; Doctor Nefarion must be close—“
DOCTOR NEFARION
“Closer than you think, Icebreaker! I’d counted on you two goons showing up, but didn’t think you’d be here so soon.”
EVERGREEN
“We are not here to negotiate, Nefarion! Are you going to come with us quietly, or must we pacify you?”
DOCTOR NEFARION
“Ah ah ah, I’d be careful if I were you. Or have you not noticed the décor?”
Littered throughout the room are the DEPLETED MAGNUS CORES, some faintly glowing, others conspicuously dim.
EVERGREEN
“Depleted Magnus cores? But why?”
DOCTOR NEFARION
“Say hello to my latest creation, the BLACKSTAR MK.IX!”
BLACKSTAR crashes through the wall behind EVERGREEN, knocking them to the ground.
ICEBREAKER
“Prepare to feel my frostbite!”
Icebreaker prepares to chomp Blackstar with his signature “Frostbite” attack.
QUICK CUT:
INT. MORNINGSTAR II BRIDGE – NIGHT
Just before Icebreaker’s jagged icicle-teeth clamp down, Ultro finalizes his analysis.
ULTRO
“Hold it, Icebreaker! I’m detecting a lot of anti-vibrancy in the electrosignature of Blackstar’s core! That can only mean one thing…he’s powered by—“
QUICK CUT:
INT. DOCTOR NEFARION’S LAIR – NIGHT
EXTREME CLOSE UP – NEFARION’S EYES
NEFARION (interrupting)
“—DARK IONS! Unless you want to trigger a trans-universal negative energy cascade, I’LL be giving the orders around here! [evil laughter]”
A vortex of energy swirls around Blackstar’s core, reminiscent of the Magnus cores around the room, except totally EVIL.
NARRATOR (v.o.)
How will our heroes make it out of the manufactory alive? Will Doctor Nefarion’s dastardly plan succeed? Will Blackstar’s dark ion engine defeat the powers of justice? Tune in next week for more MORNINGSTAR II: THE OMICHRONICLES!

What if we told you that we’re finally ready to announce the release date for the fifth _Battleborn_ Story Op, _Phoebe and the Heart of Ekkuna_r? You’d probably assume there would be a livestream coming up soon. Well, you’d be right, and here’s the best part: you’re not going to have to wait very long. That’s because we’ll be holding our next livestream TODAY at 3pm PT (6pm ET) on [the Gearbox Software Twitch channel](http://twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware) and talking about - what else - Phoebe and the Heart of Ekkunar! Join Gearbox New Media Manager Elisa Meléndez, Writer Sam Winkler, and Designer Brian Thomas as they delve into all the details surrounding the fifth Story Op!

Don’t forget to follow the channel so you can get notifications every time we go live, and be eligible to win a Battleborn MEGA Code in the chat!

Will marketplace be discounted for Battleborn day?
Battleplan Lore Archive
Battleplan Lore Archive (All lore posts prior to Darkspace Part 4 in one thread)
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #2

Interesting choice/comment on the balancing and balancing rate. Mellka still needs fixing but I’m glad you upped the Meltdown score limit. Just what I wanted.

Hype for stream.

(chromerino) #3

HYPE for Battleborn day :smiley: and looking forward to the stream

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #4

This is it… sniff sniff… the last DLC… I still have sooooo many hours to put in, in order to get 100% in the story ops challenges.

Does it end Sunday with 19th or Monday the 20th? Currently, it says Monday the 19th (a day that doesn’t exist)

Yay Kevlin’s gold skin! Thanks so much, been waiting for that. Now about his cyber skin…

(RedX) #7

Yes!! It’s Phoebe’s time to shine!!

(Is this thing on?) #8

So no leaker eating leeks then? Oh well, always next time! :stuck_out_tongue: Looking forward to the Story Op.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #9

Kid Ultra’s got his own twist on reality but I can’t just pass this one by… :thinking: “Depleted Magnus Cores” got me very concerned though…

Hooray for BB day II! So nice of you to pitch in again, personally really looking forward all the goodies, especially the skins. “Firstborn” seems to be very apt name for Ghalt’s gold skin, and since Kelvin has no bad skins I can’t wait to see just how brilliant gold looks on him.

See you soon in the stream! :smile:

(PSN ID: ZOXXZY) #10

A Kelvin gold skin, Kelvin featuring in the weekly lore, and a stream about Heart of Ekkunar?

Is our frosty friend going to be featuring in the final DLC?

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #11

Probably, yeah. Phoebe and Miko and Kelvin, I think.

Maybe Ghalt? The gold skin combined with this other rumor I heard…

(Biggy DX) #12

@JoeKGBX Will the weekly rotation of both solo/due queue and versus draft potentially mean that one of the existing queues (ex. Incursion) might be removed as an available option?

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #13

Why would they remove that? If they’re just switching out Versus Draft with Solo Queue and vice versa…

(Biggy DX) #14

Just want to make sure, since we did have Incursion and Versus Draft removed during the time that they were rotating queue’s out.

(PSN ID Apophis_SunEater) #15

Finally!!! I’ve been wanting Kelvins gold skin for ever! I will soon have every Kelvin skin in existence.

(Zstreet17) #16

@JoeKGBX I like the update today, there’s a lot to be excited for. With that said let me officially drop the gloves and issue a challenge for Battleborn Day 2.0 to face any and all Gearbox developers who play on Xbox One; my team “The Final Boss” would love a chance to go toe to toe with the best Gearbox has to offer!

If we’re upping the score on Meltdown, why not just revert it altogether? If it isn’t significantly shortening match times, all the Finale really does is punish short handed teams and teams that aren’t in coordination even further. I’ve still yet to play a fun/competitive finale. I’ve had fun matches leading up to the finale, but no fun with the finale itself. One team fighting on one lane while the other team has to fight on two is pretty predictable and presents a much larger edge for coordinated teams than the previous format. I still haven’t seen a single Finale comeback and if your team is shorthanded there’s just no reason to even go through the motions.

Happy to hear we’re getting a skin/taunt sale though. Had been considering making a purchase now that the daily quests have me able to afford a taunt, figured I’d hold out for a sale

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #18

O___O I’m so excited it hurts, OWWW STOP IT OWW!

Yay Livestream
Yay Battleborn Day 2.0
YAY EVERYTHING, DAMNIT!

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #19

Well time to draft another notes thread.

@JoeKGBX I know I hadn’t gotten around to mentioning it but a few well-known names in various groups of the Battleborn community and myself had been discussing a way to bring the splinters together.

And thanks to @lowlines who volunteered to make a page on his website for it we have a non-forum based notice/bulletin/community event board. I don’t know how many people are aware of this yet though so a shout out for @lowlines work on that board and all those who pitched idea’s would be great.

(Like the cereal...) #20

Love the Meltdown score limit increase and thrilled both for the new Op and Battleborn Day 2.0!

However, this time I hope we can maybe connect newer players with BattleBros, so that those Battleborn Day Guide titles don’t go to waste.