Battleplan 47: 4/13/17

(Influencer Guy) #21

Battleplans every other week. Does that work for everyone? ;D

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #22

As a Linguist I’m actually a bit surprised that it even has those 2 meanings to begin with! I just looked up Bimonthly and it also states that it’s something that occurs 2x a month OR every 2 months!

Very interesting stuff. @MereAtGBX I guess you were right in the usage of Biweekly and would have also been right to say Bimonthly! So…never mind my earlier statement!

Language…so fascinating!

(Hobbit Warrior) #24

Considering how well he’s played by the majority of players rather than those few who main him. I’m guessing buff’s. Let the wild speculation begin!

(The Title Master) #25

I guess they kinda listened, nice to see what is to come.

So should we assume there will be no/not many hotfixes until the patch?

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #26

The same word,used for two completely different meanings, are one of my pet peeves in Linguistics. You know the confusion it can cause? It could also lead to some awkward (or even dangerous) situations.

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #27

Just gave gold Gals a spin. This pleases me.

(GreyWarden007) #28

So, there’s no progress to report this week and none expected for next week.

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #29

I’m more worried about Alani and Montana, presuming the balance changes will be more than minor. Alani just has a couple dopey helices and Montana the same. That’s really it to me.

But… buffs for El Dragon, surely! Hoo-rah!

I’m hoping they implement a better bonus for fully charged pounce (a reduced cooldown on the next pounce would be a nice touch for him) and improve pounce’s consistency.

(Hobbit Warrior) #31

Correction. There’s none at all next week, as there’s nothing to report as they’re currently working on another major character patch as they’re not ready to announce a timeframe or details.

(lowlines - PS4) #33

Wha-whaaaaaat a dedicated Lore forum??!! :open_mouth:

I shall now proceed to move all my things over there and will likely never leave! :smiley::heart:

This Battleplan actually works well with a little change I was planning to do with what is apparently now expected of me!

So for those that don’t know, this week lowlibot got a little update to be more “recycle-friendly”. Some stuff happened, the Magnus went on a rampage in multiple text channels and now there’s another bot floating around called minirec (mini MINREC) so that the power of recycling can be better controlled by the server admins!

I know that not everyone uses the Discord, so I wanted to share some of the love from the new guy who’s gunning for MINREC’s job!

Gone are the weekly Battleplans, they have been reborn as…

You heard it here first!

(And yes it is 2am where I am right now… Long weekend… I can stay up as late as I want!!)

Like “cleave”. Which sucks, because it’s an awesome word aside from its confusion.
Also,
flammable vs. inflammable
Why? Ugh.

(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #35

A biweekly is just like a regular weekly except it swings both ways.

Heh heh heh…

(PSN ID: AForestTroll) #36

The honesty and clarity is appreciated, these are the words I’ve been looking forward to hearing. It’s also nice to hear that certain characters are getting looking into, especially Mellka. Not that I play her, but hopefully they manage to pull off what they have intended for her.

(Like the cereal...) #37

Thanks for the straight shooting, Meredith (and by the way, great work on the Bulletstorm release).

While I’m disappointed the Battleplan will be scaled back to a bi-weekly occurrence, I understand that it likely means the GBX staff is both busy and hamstrung by the confidentiality of the update.

However, I will say that although the original intent of the Battleplan was to be a vessel for news updates, the ancillary features provide great value to the community. The news flashes are very important and well-done, and it makes sense to scale them back during a lull, but the community spotlight and lore are important for community retention. During a lull in developmental releases, I believe the value of engaging your community with the Spotlight and giving the community lore to invest in the universe is invaluable.

The Community Spotlight has connected me with several badass fans, most of whom I’ve had the pleasure of playing Battleborn with. It’s a great way to recognize community building and an individual’s dedication and passion to the game. Moving the lore to its own thread, but keeping a teaser portion is a good idea. I would hate for these changes to reduce the lore drops (so keep @dante_d_silva slaving over a hot keyboard :wink:) because it offers community members a means to invest themselves into the universe. The weekly cadence of Battleplans itself serves as a reminder for fans to check back in on Battleborn.

I worry that the effect of reducing the frequency of Battleplans would result in a significant drop in community interaction. I love you guys and I’m certain you’ve considered all of this before, but I humbly request that you reconsider the value of the Community Spotlight, Lore, and weekly cadence. Even if it’s an abbreviated, weekly Battleplan, I believe it would be a step in the right direction, and not a step away from it.

(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #38

@joekgbx @jythri @dante_d_silva

Thank you kindly for the honesty, the tasty new lore, the awesome new forums section, and the sexy Gali skin!

(Influencer Guy) #39

Don’t forget @MereAtGBX! :smiley:

(Like the cereal...) #40

Gorgeous and glamorous.