Battleplan 50: 6/8/17

(Not a Lizard Person ) #1

Hey everyone! You may have noticed that a couple things have happened this week! For one thing, Battleborn received a HUGE update, filled with balance changes, hot fixes, and new features (the flair, THE FLAIR!).

We also launched the Battleborn Free Trial, a way for new players to experience the game for free! With the Battleborn Free Trial, players can access the competitive multiplayer modes for free without time limits or level caps!

Free Trial players choose from a weekly rotation of six Battleborn! This week, the choices are Marquis, Rath, Oscar Mike, Orendi, Montana, and Miko! They will remain in rotation until June 15th at 12pm PT/3pm ET!

For those of you who owned and played a copy of Battleborn before today’s launch of the Free Trial, you are now a “Founder” and are entitled to a series of rewards:

1,000 Platinum
50,000 Credits
Exclusive “Founder” player title
Gold skins for Mellka and Deande
5 Core Loot Packs
1 of each Command Faction Pack (5 total)
1 Exclusive “Founder Loot Pack” that includes…
1 guaranteed piece of legendary gear
1 guaranteed piece of legendary boss gear
2 guaranteed pieces of common (or better) gear
Guaranteed exclusive legendary “Shard of Solus” gear item (a 0 activation cost LLC Shard Generator)
4 guaranteed Flair items including exclusive “Founder’s Crown” Flair item

For more information, check out the Founder’s Bonus ■■■■■■■ official announcement!

If you missed our colossal Update/Free Trial livestream, you can check it out here for detailed information on the changes, plus, a chance to revel in Randy Varnell’s gummy bear-enhanced enthusiasm!

Otherwise, if you’re looking for Free Trial info, check out the official Battleborn Free Trial announcement, and the Battleborn Free Trial FAQ!

This week’s hot fixes are included in the update patch! Our full Update Notes detail everything from character balance changes to new features, so check them out here! Happy reading!

Since we’ve got an influx of new players starting to make their way into the world of Battleborn, I thought I’d give a shout-out to a thread started by Randy Varnell (aka @jythri)!

A few days ago, Randy started a mysterious thread asking veteran Battleborn players for tips they might hypothetically give to hypothetical new players. Well, the Battleborn community delivered, filling the Veteran Tips thread with valuable wisdom.

If you’re new to Battleborn, the Veteran Tips thread is a wellspring of helpful information on how to get started, and what to look out for as a new player. Useful tips include:

• “Test different characters in the Dojo (especially if you didn’t understand the description of some of the skills).” - @wrriddle

• Battleborn is a team game. All of your choices will affect your team in a positive or negative way. Keep this in mind before you choose to dive a kill or make a push.” - @icee

• “…just learning about signature things to watch out for from enemy Battleborn would make good tips as well. ex: - If you hear a lock on beep sound then you probably locked-on to with Benedict’s rockets and should get some cover.” - @yannareport

So if you’re jumping into the game for the first time, be sure to check out the Veteran Tips thread to get a head start on _Battleborn’_s learning curve. You’ll be an experienced player in no time!

We thought we’d let new players acclimate to Battleborn over the next couple weekends without special queues to distract them, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any coming up:

• Tank Yankers is coming to Battleborn! Playing as Ghalt, Shayne and Aurox, Montana or Boldur, players will fight for a single point over a fiery lava pit! KO your opponents by knocking them off the ledge and take your place as king of the capture point!

• Rocket Brawl is a special event capture mode featuring everyone’s favorite egotistical Aviant, Benedict! Two teams of Benedict’s fight to capture and hold three capture points in the map. Fast cooldowns and Extreme Rocket Damage will help you to take out opposing players, but you’ve only got a couple of Helix options, so choose wisely!

Both of these events are coming soon, so keep an eye on our social channels and, of course, future Battleplans for updates!

Are you a fan of Battleborn competitive teams Dunk Squad and Lost Heroes? Now you can show your love with special “Dunkster” and “Hero Found” fan titles! Use the SHiFT codes below to get the titles.

Hero Found - H5KJT-93R56-SKTB9-F5FBJ-TC39Z
Dunkster - SWKTB-356W6-ZC3JS-XK6T3-HJ3CX

Go to the SHiFT menu under “Extras” and redeem the code. If you have any issues redeeming the code, don’t worry – our Support team will be happy to assist you via!

Have fun fighting for Solus!

Randy P on BL3, DN, BiA, etc
(Dr H0 H0) #2

(First-Sword of the Moderators) #3

Wow this is taking a long time for the flood of people.

Will we get a thread about the free rotation each week? Or will it be a surprise each time?

(chromerino) #4

sounds good but i wanted a new taste of lore ._. but well looking forward to the new modes ^^

(Not a Lizard Person ) #5

We’ll let you know over social, the forums, etc. every time we switch over to a new group of Battleborn.

(PSN: S_O_D_cd) #6

Super smash rocket brawl capture mode? Booms and bewms abound.

(GalacticBun) #7

Consider adding a multiqueue set up like titanfall 2 or paladins has? more people need to know that the game is free to play… hopefully it picks up even more! …and hopefully the lag gets fixed

(I'm birbalicious!) #8

Do you have ANY idea how big a certain, ALREADY OVERLY-EGOTISTICAL Aviant’s ego is going to get now?! I’m gonna have to listen to: “Hey, TOBY? Looks like ya’ll finally get to see what it’s like to be a REAL Aviant, huh?” -EVERY DAY until this “Rocket Brawl” event is over! (@benedict_87)

Also, THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for the awesome founder’s stuff! I mean… I’m not THRILLED about Berg getting to wear the Founder’s Crown instead of me… B-But it’s still totally AWESOME!!

(Not That Handsome Jack) #9

Please advertise your game. People barely know it went f2p. Not even Steam main page features it.

(The RAbbi) #10

Hey Tobes, you built Berg. Berg performs. Hell, Berg wrecks stuff. Berg deserves some recognition too. Be a proud papa!

(PSN:Santbech_2038) #11

Invest in advertisment asap!!!

(Accursius13) #12

I just wish Flair was activated on it’s own. it’s a cool little addition but some of the gear the flair is on is not appealing to wear, not to mention it’s not good for most of the characters. would be awesome if it was kinda like a 4th gear slow that was just flair you added to each of the characters and kept through the whole match or mission without having to activate it first. Also a preview of it.

(MentalMars) #13

Solid character to start with!

I’m excited for all the new stuff you guys are bringing.

Btw. For everyone who wants to view the live stream on youtube. I archived it

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #14

I’m going to Parrot what has been already said by few/many/everyone

No point in doing it if nobody outside of the community and the community’s friends/family know about it.

Advertisement that MILLIONS SEE is more effective than Word of Mouth of the few 1,000 LOYAL FANS.

That said;

As I’ve said before, nothing sends people to uninstall the game faster than an unplayable game due to server lag and other server related issues (Disconnects, hiccups, and initialization problems etc).

(Somebody248d) #15

Is it just me, or did the founder’s bonus also include a loot booster, a double xp booster, and a fireworks finisher (booster)?

(First-Sword of the Moderators) #16

They seem to have included it, I know I have one of each and so did the people I was playing alongside yesterday.

(First-Sword of the Moderators) #17

With this I’m now hoping that Gearbox can try to persuade the people in charge of all the platforms to allow PvB (vs Bots) and PvE to be cross-platform friendly.

Something I’ve wanted for a while and, even if PvP never comes to it, it would be amazing to beat bots and story missions with friends from across any combination of platforms. Plenty of people (from here, and who I know personally) who I’d enjoy playing PvE and PvB alongside.

(wisecarver) #18

Yes I got XP, Loot and Fireworks, btw thanks for the Shift codes, both worked.

(wisecarver) #19

…I will pay EXTRA for that.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #20

It’s been such an amazing week! My god, Gearbox, you’ve stumped me with the awesomeness brought with this update. Some very welcomed changes, fixes and balancing all around, I’m really happy to see how far Battleborn has come. It was a diamond in the rough and it just keeps polishing! All the goodies given to people who’ve hopped on between release and 6th have been abundant and received with immense gratitude, you’re truly spoiling us. But nothing beats the news – and simultaneous release – of the free trial! It has revived the PC playerbase which brings me more joy than everything else listed in the patch notes combined; it’s been painful to watch PC meta wither away, even got PS4 copy as a plan B, but now I can just jump in solo and get good, even matches near instantly. From the botton of my heart, I thank you for this. Thank you for bringing back the best of Battleborn. Let us hope it will continue to grow.

The patch going online hasn’t been without its problems, sadly, and a lot of the players on PC have experienced inexplicable heavy lags, rubberbanding and delays in skill even with green bar. Today it seemed to be much better, and I hope these won’t return. However, what’s worse the AI for minon bots seems to be messed up; a wave will walk right past the first sentry on Incursion to take on the second. Waves won’t engage each other on Meltdown. These both occur frequently.

And something important I would like to bring to your attention, and it’s the absurdity of the Magnus pack.
The new skins from the Magnus pack drop way too scarcely. As I understand it, they’re supposed to be rare but I’ve spent a gracious amout of 36 400 platinum, opened 130 packs and received just 9 skins. This doesn’t seem fair from any point of view. One pack is 280 platinum, saving up for just one by doing dailies will take a long time, and as you get more of the skins your chances to get the ones you miss will drop considerably, and unlike the common skins, Magnus packs cost actual money. How many players are you expecting to spend hundreds of dollars to get platinum for the packs – which, by the by, do not even refund platinum for receiving premium stuff that you already own – just to collect (all) the skins? There should be another way to find or grind for these skins, or at least increase the amount of platinum rewarded for dailies, but as it currently stands, this is far from fair.

I’ve put up a poll asking about the “fairness” of the drop rate on my Twitter, in five hours it has gained 10 votes for “no”.

Maybe this should be looked at?

Anyway, looking forward to those new gamemodes… :smiley: