Battleplan 51: 6/22/17

Yeah, really impressed and looking forward to playing a new mode restricted to four characters in a game best known for having 30 playable characters.

Is this a reference to that Tank Yankers thing? I have no idea what it is, but I’m guessing it’s some Bird Hunt type nonsense?

Yes, info in the 6/8 Battleplan.

Basically a mode to see who has the best pull.

…Humor, love it

I’m going to present this as an open statement.

And I wish to stress that I will not be mentioning it again in this thread without immediate repercussions for the next infraction.

Express your opinions as best you can on the game. Not on other users.

Anything you wish to discuss so far is it pertains to another user should be done in a PM, and it should be done politely.

Being polite and constructive are not suggestions, they are forum policy. There are several million places on the internet where you’re allowed to speak ill of others as you deem fit, this is not one of them.

Forum Rules for good measure.

5 Likes

I’m here once again to state the sad truth with some small numbers (literally).

Yesterday, before the big new super mode at this time: 427 players online.
Today, when the mode is already active, we have: 366 players online.

New mode, new hype - people are not interested. Like, at all.

I say thank you to all people at GBX, but PC players have left the building.

Most of them are playing other moba/team pvp type games (at least the ones on my friend list) or other stuff. 90% of them didn’t even launch Battleborn this week. I would have really liked to try this mode…, but I don’t wanna waste another half hour in a queue while picking my nose out of boredom.

1 Like

I just bought 3 games off the summer sale, and will probably buy XCOM2 and maybe Shadow of Mordor later next week… maybe one or two other ones that are cheap enough on my wishlist…

Too bad Children’s Card Game didn’t come on sale, since Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst, but other games and companies are simply doing a very good job at competing for my time and money that I’m going to stop playing Civilization 5 for the time being.

I hope Battleborn provide some real incentives to play before the Summer Sale ends, at least make me want to log in.

I actually gave 2 Battleborn copies to 2 other friends and they refused to install it. How do you counter something like that? I pray someone could teach me.

2 Likes

btw, both extremely awesome games! You’ll not be disappointed.

2 Likes

I know I won’t be, I loved Enemy Within enough that I played a second playthrough.

I’m waiting since I want to accrue all the cards I get daily and turn them into credits, then use said credits on one final game. I’m probably putting Shadow of Mordor at the very end as the last game. I’m kinda debating whether XCOM2 would be good to buy now given the expansion is coming late August. If it’s anything like Enemy Within, well, I won’t mind playing it twice.

I really wanted Nier Automata, but 56 CDN is still a lot of money… maybe I’ll get it at Christmas, or if it goes on an even steeper sale.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that you didn’t like PvP
If thats the case there is no combination of gimmicks/characters/rules that you would find appealing

2 Likes

Hi Rivaire and others players here ! I read your comment about the fact you bought two copies of BattleBorn for your friends but they don’t want to install it … I’m on XB1 and I speak about BB a lot to my friends, I want they install the free trial version to play together but no ones want to install it … why ?! Because the game is “dead” (but how a game who are dead can be always be patch by is developpers and have new add and content since month ?! How a game who are “dead” can be played everyday ?! The game is not dead ! It’s just not hype … but I don’t care, the game is so good !), because the game is “too old”, “not new”, “not hype” or because they prefer to play others game and they don’t want to discover if Battleborn can be a good game … they are not curious about it … and I think it’s very desesperate.

I see again recent video on youtube of guys who love to saying BattleBorn is dead … But why they can’t coming to play the game ?! But I posted the link about the new mode add just to saying the game is not dead like they think or want … There are players who love and play this game everyday, developpers try to make their best to maintain the interest about their game (and I think GearBox made a real great jobs with BB). I appreciate the new mode called supercharge ! It’s new and when you are with good players, is very fun.

Sorry for my bad english.

PS : I’m in France and I don’t see a news about the add of a new mode for BattleBorn :frowning: very sad :frowning:

3 Likes

I was just on a Bots server with two people from France, they were lagging so bad the bot Montana owed them. :sob:

Yep, I think the game is most played today by american player, european players seem to be rare :cry:

I salute you, with Honor. :sunny:

1 Like

Feedback on supercharge; Really liked it, actually, as a first impression. Didn’t try any other modes in 3v3 yet.

Also really like the title with my clone boys, thx!

1 Like

Is it me or is it really quiet these days? Usually, after an update, the board is blooming everywhere.

I haven’t played much lately. My buddies are kinda taking a break (one had a baby, two had new girlfriends). Ah life.

The update didn’t actually give anything for veteran players so many are getting bored with Battleborn.

2 Likes

Played my first two matches last night, and it was good. I’d really like a way to be able to learn the maps without being in full-on versus mode though. Private apparently requires you to have a full group of 6 players, or did I miss something?

They probably don’t have the bot AI ready for Supercharge. They might not actually make supercharge AI at all… But I don’t think you need a full game to play private maps. Did they forget to add supercharge into private games completely? :stuck_out_tongue: