Battleplan 54: 8/3/17

(Natsume Ryu) #122

reynas bubble only blocks projectiles.

1 Like
(PSN LucastheUniverse) #124

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. This mindset has made me a MUCH better player. Now I no longer fear the meta team comps as I’m capable of playing most of the stronger characters. Though my boulder still needs some practice lol

2 Likes
(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #125

:smile: you didn’t blame the healer! I knew you was good people

1 Like
(PSN LucastheUniverse) #126

I feel bad for my healer when I play the tank lol. But perhaps I am making them a better support by putting them through hell and back with my insane dives

1 Like

Doesnt block toby ult either. Blocks oscar and i believe phoebe though.
Wether or not it blocks Ambra i forgot. But im quite sure it doesnt.

Has to do with certain Abilities Being Hitbox, and other not.

And then of course theres Attikus Ult wich is Unblockable. It even goes through the shields at your base.

2 Likes
(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #128

Boldur’s understandable.

Kelvin to some degree, but I find him balanced myself and is not as tedious.

Thorn if she doesn’t do anything before level 5, but starts killing exclusively because of her ultimate. I don’t mind sniping Thorns, those who can actually aim. But those who are merely use Cursed Volley-Ult I find fully understandable.

Orendi’s not considered a part of the meta. She has gotten close to no play in the PS4 league at least and the general consensus is that she’s too squishy & easily dived to be good. I only mind insta-pillars myself, at which point I’ll be annoyed, but don’t mind her outside of that.

And Benedict I don’t mind whatsoever.

While the meta differs between game modes, characters such as Whiskey, Shayne & Aurox, Phoebe & Marquis are more meta overall than Orendi and to some degree Benedict. Are you sure it’s the meta characters?

I know I myself really don’t like having Ghalt in a match, on either team. Both teams starts to predominantly turtle; the enemy team so they don’t get killed and the allied team becomes extremely reliant on Ghalt to get kills. And even then, said team will seldom push.

In the same sense I find Rath an annoyance to deal with, probably more so than Kelvin because of the massive, almost instant knock-up followed by a 3 sexond silence on a relatively low cooldown.

But that’s me, we all have characters we don’t like going up against :grin:

2 Likes
(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #129

It’s mainly just catching their rhythm

(The Title Master) #130

Not always true. I’ve had to switch up my playstyle with Thorn in a competitive game and it worked really well!

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #131

Well Battleborn PS4 is in the Humble Bumble. Maybe more player?

1 Like
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #132

If “Free” didn’t do the job, nothing will.

2 Likes
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #133

I shouldn’t HAVE to join them, that’s the thing. And I know that sounds like I’m refusing to adapt, but it’s a sure sign of poor balance when I absolutely HAVE to pick the most powerful characters. It should be balanced.

2 Likes
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #134

Really? What exactly did you do?

1 Like
(The Title Master) #135

Took burst propulsion over penetrating arrows. May not sound much but you can play a bit different with it.

2 Likes
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #136

Conveniently, every Thorn I’ve faced…

I don’t see how. She’s way less of a problem than what she used to be, yes, but I’m tired of seeing her. She keeps popping up for me, typically with Voxis Core or a skill damage legendary, or better yet, both.

God I’d love to see more of him.

She frequently appears (It annoys the hell outta me) but not as much as the others.

I cry every time I face her. Because she’s typically a good one. But thankfully i don’t have to face her often. Which is weird.

I don’t have a problem with him since he was barely ever played for some time. I’m glad he’s popped up again, at the rate he should be.

You do you, but either of those options are really strong and one lets you take more risks. IMO it’s not the same as Attack Ernest - Def Ernest or Papa Shotgun - Scraptraplian.

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #137

That irks me.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #138

You hustling in on @AncientBelgareth’s turf?!

1 Like
(30% more flak) #139

Same… :heart_eyes:
Whiskey and Salty
sitting in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g…

I’ve always viewed burst propulsion as the superior option here. Maybe not quite the difference as air stall vs frag canisters, but…

2 Likes
(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #140

I can die happy when I see “Boldur A.I. Fixed” in the Battleplan.

Also Beatrix deserves new skin more than anyone else.

(The Title Master) #141

Haha no, I can’t move quite as swiftly as him :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just preference based, whereas with Melka, I’m pretty sure frag canisters makes her worse :stuck_out_tongue: Both can work well though!

1 Like
(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #142

I’m basing what I wrote on personal experiences in drafting in 10-mans, the league and listening to what experienced players generally think of the cast, hence why I mentioned Whiskey & Phoebe for instance despite both of them generally being impopular in public matches.

You should go up against @Ashbweh or @conorwillybums54, they can certainly land their arrows!

This goes back to what I wrote at the start, not basing what I said on public matches. Legendaries are always banned in such environments, so that’s a non-issue in that context. Orendi may be the weirdest case in the sense that she’s one of the most popular characters in public matches, yet rarely sees play in a competitive setting.

Not really sure why he isn’t getting more play to be honest. May be too standardised with little “oomph” to make him interesting as a character, I don’t know.

They’re one of the few tanks in the game though. Battleborn has 5 characters who can be considered tanks; Boldur, Galilea, Kelvin, Montana and Shayne & Aurox. It’s not too weird to see her gettng a lot of play because of that alone. Especially in Draft where Boldur & Kelvin are typically banned, and Montana can only be sustained by Miko. Therefore, you
may only be looking at Galilea or Shayne & Aurox depending on the draft.

Phoebe’s impopularity in public matches is even weirder than Whiskey’s, and I don’t understand why she is. She’s probably the opposite of Orendi; a meta character being overlooked by the general public.

He’s always been a solid choice for most comps, and will likely remain so unless he’s nerfed into oblivion :no_mouth:

1 Like