Battleplan 55: 8/17/17

(PSN LucastheUniverse) #21

Many shenanigans are to come! :grin:

3 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #22

Huh. I was gonna got pax this year. Show off my miko hat. Too bad I put off buying tickets and the realized I was too late to buy tickets. Oh well. Back to doing nemo things.

2 Likes

(Natsume Ryu) #23

thank you! ;-;
no more incursionborn! (i hope!)

7 Likes

(PSN LucastheUniverse) #24

I think was a step in the right direction guys! Now we just need Meltdown Incursion Draft mode and ques should be good!

5 Likes

(The Title Master) #25

??

Also where is supercharge going to be?

3 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #26

Private, i assume. It said it won’t be public anymore.

4 Likes

(The Title Master) #27

So how will we be able to get the titles?

3 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #28

Prayer?

10 Likes

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #29

Were you the title-whore? lol

I still haven’t gotten all of the Face-Off titles…and I have only played Supercharge like twice? RIP me.

2 Likes

(The Title Master) #30

I used to be the title whore, then the supercharge ones came out which I would love to get, but the queue was empty, and is now non-existant :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #31

Can I have a 2016 PAX code please?

5 Likes

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #32

Oooh a panel at PAX? I’ll be sure to tune in…

SHARP INHALE
YOU GUYS!
I’m so happy for this! They should have never left the QMq in the first place, but I’m super excited to have them back! Maybe can now finally have a break from Monuments: The Game. I belong into that odd minority that loves all the modes, and I’ve missed Face-Off especially :blue_heart:
I assume Supercharge will be its own unique queue then?

This is a very good thing :+1:

YES! I was hoping this would happen some day, it’s a really nice feature to add in so people who’ve missed one or more novelty modes can try them out. Too bad Big Head Rumble isn’t on the list – I missed the opportunity of a lifetime to see Attikus like that…

Thank you so much for the all around very welcomed changes to the queues!

Those frozen Battleborn treats are indeed fantastic, take a moment to read the “fine print” on the Marquis cone too :smiley:

If it’s private gaining challenge progress won’t be possible anymore, and Supercharge DOES have exclusive titles and such.

6 Likes

I’m really happy I’ll be able to play Face Off again but I’m a bit confused about something here. You’re (finally) dumping the Minimatch queue but not replacing it with another 5v5 queue? Minimatch wasn’t dead because the population couldn’t handle another PvP queue, it was dead because the overwhelming majority simply didn’t enjoy it due to a number of glaring issues. Two 5v5 queues work. Please consider going back to 5v5 Meltdown, Face Off, Capture in one queue and 5v5 Incursion in another or some other similar variation. A solo/duo queue with all four modes and then a versus draft incursion and maybe meltdown would also make sense.

9 Likes

On consoles, I still don’t understand why there aren’t 2 queues: 1 incursion only queue and 1 non-incursion queue (i.e., only meltdown, capture, and face-off). That would seemingly appease a huge portion of the community

11 Likes

(Vagrantsun) #35

Good stuff, GBX.

3 Likes

(Like the cereal...) #36

I’m disappointed that Supercharge didn’t take off like I thought it would. Could the demotion of Supercharge be a result from the addition of Incursion and Meltdown to the 3v3 queue? I’d really like to play more Supercharge, and I never entered the 3v3 queue looking for a Meltdown or Incursion match. :confused:

Still, I hope and expect the queue changes to improve matchmaking times and I look forward to seeing if the CR cap reduction helps introduce newer players quicker and increase retention.

9 Likes

(Zstreet17) #37

Gotcha. Helping the novice queue was definitely needed.

2 Likes

(UnrealXistenz) #38

From what I understand, the main issue was the characters balance. The whole game was made and tweaked many times to improve characters balance in a 5v5 environment, not 3v3.
I believe Supercharge would have been better if designed as 5v5 from the start because the mode itself seems fine.

6 Likes

(- a disappointed PC player) #39

Those 50 remaining PC players will surely be thrilled about the queue changes that should have happened at the start of free trial. As always too little too very late.

4 Likes

(FatalJustice555) #40

XBox can handle two, as well. Gearbox needs to face it: some people want to play incursion all the time, and some people want to play the other modes. With just one queue, neither group will be happy. Bad move, Gearbox.

8 Likes