Battleplan 55: 8/17/17

(FatalJustice555) #41

I agree, that should be a complete no-brainer.

3 Likes

(FatalJustice555) #42

Gearbox, you cannot afford any more self-inflicted wounds like this change to throw Capture and Faceoff back in with Incursion and Meltdown. Before you alienate what is left of your community, do the obvious: give us two 5v5 PVP queues, one with incursion only and one with only the other modes.

If your reasoning for not doing so is you are worried about spreading the players too thinly and creating long wait times, why did you keep the dead 3v3 queue for so long? If you kept a completely dead 3v3 queue for weeks, you can certainly keep two 5v5 PVP queues, at least on the consoles.

This new change will create one of two scenarios every match: either incursion will win the vote and the non-incursion players will be upset, or some other mode will win and the incursion players will be upset. This is not sustainable. Please make the change before you find that out the hard way.

6 Likes

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #43

This reminds me of a point I made a while back: anyone else remember the old days where each game type was its own queue (like in most other MOBAs)? What exactly happened to cause the queues to mutate into what we have now (that being Incursion and not-Incursion).

2 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #44

You could never find a game in the capture or meltdown queue is what caused the change

3 Likes

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #45

Lemme guess: Steam version?

0 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #46

Like i said, those who want the Supercharge titles just need to accept The Great Eagle into their lives, and join his flock. For only through the warm embrace of his wings will one find the winds that will guide them to The Eternal Nesting Grounds.

Or Gearbox could just allow titles and such to be earned in private matches. I mean, at this point, does anyone really care THAT much about earning the damn things the hard way? Our beloved Battleborn is hurting, guys; let people have their fun. No one who knows the ins and outs of PVP puts any stock into a player’s skill level based on titles anymore…

6 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #47

Even in ps4 there was a noticeable wait

3 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #48

Ps4 m8.

2 Likes

(Kain Zilla) #49

I wish that I could like this post 11 times.

4 Likes

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #50

@loving-hatred, @Nemosis327

Huh. That’s news to me (I play primarily on Xbox).

Wait, this just gave me an idea: hey @MereAtGBX, has anyone on the dev team talked about the possibility of multi-queues?

4 Likes

(David White) #51

So where is the new gamemode going?

1 Like

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #52

Private matches

0 Likes

(David White) #53

That sucks…

0 Likes

(wisecarver) #54

Steam…Have been in a queue for Bots for 25 minutes now, it has found 1 person.

0 Likes

(Comrades) #55

I’m literally backing out of every single game that isnt incursion. I already was backing out of triple meltdown map selections. Throw in capture and face off, ill be lucky to play a game. I work two jobs. I bought the game at full price. I played the cry and the open beta and am a day one release player. I can’t wrap my head around why you would not have a 10 to 1 preferred mode as a constant. This is utterly insane

3 Likes

(Comrades) #56

But what does that tell you? If way less people want to play a mode, why are the majority? If it cpmes down to people leaving the game, wouldn’t the majority’s opinion matter the most?

0 Likes

(The Title Master) #57

@MereAtGBX Is there any way to get the supercharge titles then?

2 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #58

You DO realize that saying that you have a right to play what you want because you payed full price, then stating that you believe the majority is who should be catered to, is about as contradictory an argument that can exist, right?

10 Likes

(BrianWilson!) #59

Is Headhunter AKA “Face-off?”

0 Likes

(FatalJustice555) #61

I think the point is that people paid money to be able to play the modes they want to play. The new queue will force people to play modes they don’t want to play, or else constantly back out of games. That is a situation that is good for no one.

2 Likes