Battleplan 56: 8/31/17

Hey everyone!

Guess what? PAX West starts tomorrow! We’re incredibly stoked to present our Gearbox Main Theater Show on Saturday, and we hope you’ll join us, either in person or via livestream at twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware!

Here’s the details:

We’ll be signing autographs in the lobby of Benaroya Hall after the show, so be sure to drop by and say hello if you’re there in person!

Are you a Battleborn cosplayer? Are you planning on being at PAX West? Then join us at the Gearbox cosplay meet-up!

The official meetup is at 1:30pm, but you can join us in the lobby of Benaroya Hall at 9:30am if you’d like to attend the Gearbox Main Theater Show! Get the details at the Borderlands/Battleborn Cosplay Meetup Facebook event page. We hope to see you there in your glorious cosplay!

There are no Hot Fixes this week, but there are some in the works! Be sure to keep an eye on the forums for updates.

In the meantime, here’s this week’s free hero rotation for the Free Trial players! This week, play as Reyna, Rath, Oscar Mike, Orendi, Kid Ultra, and Kelvin!

This week, we’d like to shine our spotlight on a member of a different community - our local community! Dallas artist Adriane McMillon (@loosemedium on Twitter) made a very special piece of artwork for our own Anthony Nicholson. It depicts his daughter Alani as…well, Alani!

Alani is (clearly) named after the real-life Alani, and Adriane’s piece cleverly blends the creation and the inspiration together into one beautifully painted Super-Alani!

This kind of thoughtful gift is especially heartwarming, and we’re glad Anthony and Alani chose to share it with us!

If you’d like to see more of Adriane McMillon’s work, check out loosemedium.com!

We’ve got some small updates on Battleborn coming up, and we’ll be talking about them on the Gearbox Main Theater Show at PAX West, so be sure to tune in!

15 Likes

First…? FIRST!!

3 Likes

Yaaay…?

6 Likes

I dunno anymore…

Blows party favor lamely.

Well… I certainly hope we get another PAX Shift code for free stuff! I NEED that maxed The Long Goodbye…

3 Likes

What time is the livestream?

1 Like

I’m kind of disappointed you don’t have a Claptrap trying to blow a party favor gif :frowning:

3 Likes

So nothing new, but SOON.

2 Likes

Same ish, different Thursday.

Monthly Battleplans next?

P.s. Id LOVE to play Shaurox…and not play against Bolderborn forever.

3 Likes

You know, if I’m being honest, I wasn’t really expecting anything, but the lack of concrete news outside of "See you at PAX! :smiley: " still makes me kinda sad.

I guess I’ll just drown my sorrows in these 12 gallons of soda I recently bought.

4 Likes

Update Hype!

3 Likes

To be fair this is kinda promising. Hopefully this doesn’t completely disappoint everyone as this is a chance to show something after weeks of silence

7 Likes

:poop:

2 Likes
23 Likes

Well, that’s something - small updates are better than no updates.

Still waiting for Nova in a Mech Suit though :pouting_cat:
10 Likes

For real?

2 Likes

Ah ■■■■ it. I’ll make the drive to pax. Why the ■■■■ not it’s only an hour or so. Maybe I can get some answers in person.

9 Likes

Why do I do this to myself?

Oh, right. because I’m a sap. A sap who loves this game.

Oh welp, time to play more.
Cheers everyone!

12 Likes

Maybe you can force them to give you a Deande cyber skin

6 Likes

Maybe. We’ll see how it goes. Not really sure what I want when i go down there.

4 Likes

Say it with me now, “Nova in a mech suit!” Tell them you’ll settle for a diamond pony…

4 Likes