Battleplan 56: 8/31/17

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #183

How about midge-Wilhelm, aka Kid Ultra?

1 Like
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #184

KU doesn’t deserve such honor.

1 Like
(Natsume Ryu) #185

Im fine with the price (in comparison to the rest of the plat prices) considering there are several with model changes, full texture changes (including normals), and then the two confirmed with voice changes. Maliwans also my fav brand so im all over that caldy skin.

and i imagine their prices are normalized, even though the changes in them are different, to keep the biggest change ones down in price.
want!

1 Like
(Jennerit Supremacist) #186

I personally think it should be Salvador Mellka since she already has the mohawk, but that’s just me.

4 Likes
(Thrall Lover) #187

Mellka might not look too bad in Aurelia’s outfit, and the fact that they throw out a sharp elemental object as an ult, not to mention the dual-toned hair and similar complexions.

6 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #188

I really love Aurelia. I’d be ok with this.

4 Likes
(Croth4) #189

genuinely all I want for the fall update is the return of those little select screen animations where you select a character once and then have to confirm or deny your final selection and they react accordingly, they were awesome

10 Likes
(Bitter? Better? What's the difference?!) #190

why not both? each a skin and one combining them for a Moxxi/erdidian/ambra amalgamation of radiance!?

…it’s been a very long time for any new Ambra stuff my hunger stirs

1 Like
(Croth4) #191

… and a specific graphic for Magnus packs that doesn’t look like Legendary

(chromerino) #192

small dissappointment to go
no new map but just map adjustments …was confirmed by Eliza on reddit that she did a mistake during the show

5 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #193

well there goes that. was hype for a new Incursion map. oh well.

3 Likes
(BattlePeanut) #194

was way too good to be true, Learn from me and lower your expectations to 0 so they don’t get shattered :smiley:

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #195

im happy for more map optimizations :smiley:

3 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #196

Next thing we’ll learn is that the claim that there will be SIXTY (60) skins was a mistake and that it was actually just SIX (6) skins aka only the ones shown at Pax.

It’s one thing to have low expectations, it’s quite another to have to ask representatives to confirm that the information that they have provided is correct. Imagine being skeptical of EVERYTHING said/written about concerning Battleborn.

“Is this really a Battleplan, or is this a trap?”

3 Likes
(30% more flak) #197

Well, luckily I actually agree with this Doctor Spaghetti, I’d rather we had a few maps that were functional and fun over just a lot of maps that I might dread to play on… Like Echelon. God I hope they fixed Echelon.

3 Likes
(chromerino) #198

I agree since i love echelons design but it has it´s fair share of flaws and bugs
but a 2 lane incursion would be cool too

1 Like
(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #199

This sums it up best, if you can’t get the information right at an expo panel you were hyping then there’s problems

“Proper planning prevents piss poor performance”

5 Likes
(Too Many Games) #200

Is it safe for me to say that the PAX panel was, in Battleborn’s perspective, a total dud with no impact?

All I managed to get out of it is that you need to fork up a cost of over 11K platinum if you want all the Borderlands related skins. How much is that in actual dollars?

Does that cost more than 52 CDN?

Guess what I could buy with 52 CDN?

NIER: Automata, which is at a 35% off on Steam.

Let the microtransactions be the highlight of your update, yep, if you think that’s good optics. I mean, compared to Bethesda and WB Game’s PR train wrecks recently, this does look small by comparison, yet I can’t shake the feeling this is a transparent attempt to gouge as much money as possible from those who like both Borderlands and Battleborn, as small as that number may be.

Ran out of people to sell your microtransactions to that you have no choice but to target the most loyal? These are the last line of supporters, do you really wish to test their patience?

And who’s to say they won’t jack up the cost of their existing microtransactions by another 50% while accruation of Platinum remains the same?

At this point, any money I have is better spent on any other game -especially when my platform is on its last breath.

I would have eagerly bought NIER: Automata if I didn’t already buy War of the Chosen. There’s always Black Friday and Christmas though. I can’t say the same for this game, however.

3 Likes
(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #201

$9.99 American buys the 1625 pack, add on the $1.99 for the 230 pack and you’re at 12 bucks a skin

1 Like
(Too Many Games) #202

12 USD is 15 CDN. To buy it all separately under the method you mentioned would be 90 CDN.

And that’s kinda an inefficient way of buying it.

If you’re aiming for all 6 skins, then you would go for the 9300 Pack plus another package to make 1800 Platinum. I don’t know the cost for this combination, but it would be less than 90 CDN.

Even so, I’ll presume this would cost 72 CDN or slightly less. I could get NIER: Automata and some other game at a steep discount.

90 CDN can probably get me Automata and the most recent King of Fighters, which is at a 34% discount.

No matter which way I look at it, my money is better spent on actual games than skins.

I am one of those people who like both Battleborn and Borderlands franchises, but this is only making me shut my wallet tighter.

1 Like