Battleplan 56: 8/31/17

(The RAbbi) #62

GBX at PAX: “We’re doing this gigantic relaunch effort that will make Battleborn the premier competitive hero shooter, and it starts Thursday.”

Destiny 2: “LOL GGclose”

8 Likes
(Orendi's Best Buddy) #63

Didn’t Destiny disappoint like, everyone who played it? Why does that franchise get a pass?

5 Likes
(Penguin connoisseur.) #64

'Cause it’s a Bungie game… Same with Ubisoft…

5 Likes
(PSN: The_za_27 aka scrub king ) #65

The_za

Edit. Definitely replied to the wrong post.

1 Like
(gengenjump@yahoo.com) #66

You can throw in the lack of marketing for BB, Aliens, and the thumbing at Blizzard as well for not getting a pass.

Side note: Its funny since I find Gearbox to be in a similar situation with Bioware being that they pissed off two very big fan bases and are still taking the heat for it to this day despite both situations happening years ago now.

3 Likes
(XB1: Abattoirista) #67

I haven’t played it, but I think it’s partially because – to hear people tell it – the Taken King expansion was good enough to pretty much undo the game’s early bad press.

2 Likes
(PSN:Santbech_2038) #68

^^^This

My little bro was hype for destiny 2 untill he played the open beta. Is just an expansión sold for full price.

2 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #69

So the stream/show begins at 10:30 PT? right? That’s what…1:30pm EST, no?

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #70

I have Ted-level faith in Gearbox for the upcoming show. All I ask is for them to try not making it another disaster for Battleborn. Battleborn is a precious game (it gave us Beatrix), it deserves better treatment/reception , and to be handled with care.

8 Likes
(Penguin connoisseur.) #71

:slight_smile:

5 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #72

:chicken: :gun:

5 Likes
(Orendi's Best Buddy) #73

:fire:

4 Likes
(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #74

Hijack my post all you want, but there is no denying Beatrix is Dr. T in female form, and that makes her true number one. Toby? Oredni? Big-boned bird? Cool story, but a cyborg-ish plaguebringer with a syringe arm, who tests on live subjects and is known as the creepiest person several people know? Yes please.

Also obese bird got me thinking; if they decide to nake more characters and annonce a Big Bird ripoff character, they can have my wallet.

3 Likes
(since CTT) #75

:dukeaffirmative:

2 Likes

Anyone doing a summary of the stream today?

Woke up today getting a phone call telling me that one of my best friends I had in school surprisingly passed away on Thursday. Another good friend of mine suffers from serious depressions and I feel helpless and can’t do anything.

Don’t think I can take watching a stream when everyone in the Borderlands “fanbase” will lose their s*** again when Battleborn is mentioned, but I’m interested in news.

(The RAbbi) #77

It did. Then Bungie mostly fixed the game. The expansions were solid. Now around 3 years later, the game supports its own con and has a much-hype sequel due out.

Point having been, BB released around same time as Overwatch, and it was overshadowed by that big title from that big developer. Here we are a year and a half later, and whatever is said about BB this weekend will likely be lost to the D2 hype train whistle.

FWIW, little would make me as happy as a BB Season 2 complete with comeback-from-the-brink and sudden (much-deserved) popularity. Other than the next D00M campaign or an official BL3 trailer, that’s the best I’ll hope for this year.

5 Likes
(Kain Zilla) #78

Alright, once more unto the breach!

I won’t be able to watch the stream but HOPEFULLY there will be a good summary for us.

Who’s excited? I’m excited. Crossing my fingers that this time my excitement pays off.

Do you think we’ll get news? Good news? A SHiFT code? A shout out? A “soon”?

2 Likes
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #79

There’s another update coming with balance changes. Keep the last shred of faith/hope you have. Don’t toss it.

3 Likes
(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #80

Hopefully they show us some of those fancy skins they were talking about. It would all be worth it.

2 Likes
(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #81

It will be worth it. Zero chance of traps :clap:

2 Likes