Battleplan 56: 8/31/17

(30% more flak) #102

petey-noooo

Whiskey is right there how could they have gone with El Dragon come on

6 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #103

Why not Toby? @Rabid_Explosions already layed the groundwork for them months ago:

1354142671c98073917ab005309874727e058c72_1_544x500

'Member, 'Splosions…?

6 Likes

(30% more flak) #104

Everyone… Everyone deserves a Krieg skin… There’s a little bit of Krieg in all of us… Or there’s a little bit of all of us in Krieg?

7 Likes

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #105

Yeah, right?
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
they had to think it’d fit El Dragon better. What a joke.

3 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #106

Kinky.

RIGHT?! CLEARLY Toby would have been better, like he is at everything else. Best Battleborn, and i can PROVE it…

3 Likes

(30% more flak) #107

Or cannibalism…

…Or both?

2 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #108

(Peter Griffin voice):

Go on…

2 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #109

Going to play pessimist here so be warned

Why do I sense an attempt to keep shoehorning borderlands towards battleborn to milk the old gearbox fans who remain?

New map? Call me a pessimist but a new map for what mode?(capture/faceoff don’t count since they’re a rehash anyway)

Patch upcoming- they’re the masters of “soon”

Patch update affecting all 30 characters- and changing damage by 1 point makes this true.

3 Likes

(How much time do we have?) #110

“Fall Update” basically means anytime between now and December, so… On the positive side, the fact that they’ve announced a patch with character changes across the board means that it must be a good way along in the process. So maybe sooner rather than later?

4 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #111

September 21st to December 21st (my b-day; you’re not invited, and the cake will be delicious).

6 Likes

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #112

Is it 6 new skins or 60? I hope Dr. Zed Beatrix isn’t a missed chance.

1 Like

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #113

The spirits are telling me that the Fall Patch will drop in about 4-6 weeks. Is your body ready?

All 30 Characters getting Balance changes is due to the CC changes that are incoming with the Patch. S’what the spirits are telling me. Numbers and effects for CCs are being changed in all character helices.

Lastly the Spirits want me to relay that they are tired and will not answer any more questions until they have been given their weight in gold.

8 Likes

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #114

60, those where just the ones they showcased. But remember, “new skins” can also be something like the black prestige skins we got in the free-trial patch.

2 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #115

Ooh…

How about skag Toby in a junk mech?

So nothing, haha?

2 Likes

(XB1: Abattoirista) #117

As amusing as it would be to have a Toby skin in which he refers to Berg as the ‘meat bicycle,’ if I were gonna do a Borderlands-themed skin for Toby it would make Berg look like a Hyperion Loader Bot or something similar.

(That said, as much as I’m exactly the sort of sucker for whom the Borderlands skins are intended, there’s no way in hell I’m paying those prices for skins unless there’s one for Toby. Maybe that ISIC-trap in a moment of weakness if the alternate voice is cool or someone gets me an Xbone gift card.)

I could very well be wrong (cause it’s been a while since I remember hearing this), but I vaguely recall there always being plans to cram in Borderlands stuff, either as skins or even DLC characters for funsies.

3 Likes

Hope the “nerf Boldur” instruction wasn’t mistakenly sent to the AI department again.

5 Likes

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #119

These are the type of skins we need, since we already got a few borderlands skins, I hope that Gbix is thinking the same thing.

@khimerakiller You put 60 but listed 6. I was worried about a typo for a second and new Beatrix skins would have to stay in my dreams. Thanks for clearing that for me.

2 Likes

(Kain Zilla) #120

Needs more Phoebe :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #121

We were brainstorming on Twitter that the 60 skins are from this whatever new map. It could even be a new story mission that rewards 2 new skins for each hero, although it’s not too unlikely that a new PvP map could have these exclusively for some specific challenges. That would be refreshing!

I love how the Battleplan said “some small updates” but this is a major content bomb in my opinion, hahah. There’s so much goodies coming up, very excited for it!

Thanks @khimerakiller for the screenshots of the skins, I shared some on Twitter with credit to you, I hope you don’t mind.

11 Likes

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #122

Phoebe and Beatrix are my favorite characters, anything for either one would be great.

Also Shayne and Aurox deserve a Lilith and Firehawk skin

4 Likes