Battleplan 56: 8/31/17

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #123

The spirits have reluctantly told me that the 60 skins is basically
30 Skins (1 for each character) akin to those of the OG Magnus Skins released in the Summer Update. They will be released as a random drop in the Magnus Packs (@Nemosis327 and @Codarik prepare they wallets).

The other 30 are normal premium skins for characters like those showcased with Maya Alani, Zer0 Rath, Maliwan Caldarius etc etc.

5 Likes

(How much time do we have?) #124

That’s ok - I never really liked fish cakes! :fish_cake:

3 Likes

(Kain Zilla) #125

Damn beya, how can ISIC be your fave char while you are the most positive and optimistic person alive?

Kudos!

4 Likes

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #126

Once a patch is announced, it takes 5-6 weeks for release. Last year, it was before October 15th. So expect something similar. Like the winter (mid january) and summer (mid june) updates.

1 Like

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #127

I may be smiling but I’m actually in agony! : D

10 Likes

(Kain Zilla) #128

Now that’s some ISIC speech

7 Likes

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #129

I have a clip of Jim saying that in ISIC’s voice ;D

6 Likes

(30% more flak) #130

God if this ain’t hashtag relatable af though.

Drinks to all! :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

(chromerino) #131

also fits to the new isic skin name XD I´m actually quite depressed \o/

5 Likes

(30% more flak) #132

:clinking_glasses:

This has been a truthful night. Join me in apathy, everyone.

4 Likes

(chromerino) #133

on it o/

2 Likes

(Orendi's Best Buddy) #134

Oh no! I can’ t believe the big muscly melee guy who wears a mask got the psycho skin! What were they thinking! :roll_eyes:

So about that Orendi skin…I mean I get but it just looks kind of…off for some reason. I’ve purchased every Orendi premium skin so far but this one at this price…ehhh. I’ll probably cave eventually, but I don’t think I’ll use it that often.

2 Likes

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #135

I didn’t like it either, looks kinda sloppy.

1 Like

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #136

It looks off cuz she’s missing her hat! :joy:

2 Likes

(Orendi's Best Buddy) #137

That’s definitely part of it. The hunch and 4 arms just make it look like some ugly mutated version of Tiny Tina.

Honestly I hate to say it, but the more I look at them the more I think I hate these skins. Some of them look OK on their own, but the art style really clashes with what’s been established for Battleborn. Alani and Orendi especially look kind of…hideous.

I hope I Borderborn doesn’t take over.

But OK, let’s look at some positives: Balance changes! NEW MAP! Woohoo!

1 Like

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #138

oh damn, didn’t even notice her hat was gone. That means her hitbox is reduced! P2W!!!dfkdfjadfj@!!!

Seriously though, I think the only skin there that looks kinda cool is Caldy. I rather see Torgue, Maliwan, etc skins for characters rather than trying to fit a character model onto another character.

5 Likes

(30% more flak) #139

Whiskey is also a muscly dude with a mask. More akin to Kriegs anatomy too, though shorter…

:frowning:

2 Likes

(Orendi's Best Buddy) #140

Well, the weird shape of the mask over Dragon’s face isn’t the greatest thing, but I think it’s closer than Whiskey’s helmet.

Either one is a good candidate I suppose.

1 Like

(Kain Zilla) #141

Shayne&Aurox would be more fitting as Gaige & Deathtrap

9 Likes

(Hobbit Warrior) #142

Well, if orendi is any indication they apparently do have the capability to alter character hitboxes and remove graphics rather than just alter color and texture.

Apparently, this is also a better use of their time than fixing aurox’s grab or orendi’s ultimate.

4 Likes