BearBear TakeDown, But Just The Wotan Part

So, if you’ve been wandering around the Moze section, you’ll know I’ve been working on how to make a weird interaction that Green Monster has into a fully viable situation. Today, we have the footage to show it! At the bottom of this post you’ll find a link to the thread dissecting a lot of what I did with it. But, my testing post thread lead to some discoveries, and @flightx3aa even made a video about how Green Monster has a hidden BM underneath it. On top of that, you’ll see we used Unforgiven’s to give Dakka Bear a little more oomph, and …I don’t think I pulled out the Red Queen grenade for this one.

But basically, what you’re about to see is two Moze’s built to utilize Bear in the weirdest way, Leapfrogging Bears so the entire encounter occurs within the concept of the Bear mech, aside from a few times where grenades were thrown and second winds were needed.

I don’t have the ability to record, so the ever wonderful @Spacerobots handled the camera duties. Shot out to @Prismatic who I mentioned getting back to later on, and @twoPIZZA for the thread that started this all. We used Radius Boosting coms to crack through shields and turn piles of enemies to puddles of goo. And without further, what rhymes with goo? Anyway, here we go

Bust a Bear Thread: [build] Bust-A-Bear Workshop, Where The Mechanics Are Broken And We've Got The Fix

15 Likes

That radius boost is pretty genius. So much slower than going up the elevator but yeah, since the mech can’t go up there after being deployed it’s a great idea.

2 Likes

I thought it was a pretty neat idea, and it definitely does it’s work. Unless this is just what happens when you shoot the shield…but I don’t think so?

I don’t think so… I think your splash is hitting wotan directly here.

1 Like

Omg I’m like a minute in and this is amazing lol. What region are you from? I want to do this with one of you now xD. But I live in the middle east right no so there could be ping issues…

Edit:
Super entertaining watch xD you guys are so excited and great to watch lol. Splash for double barrier is genius, and I didn’t know you could rez in IB! I mean I’m a zane main soo… But great run! I never tried the sabots even either, I suppose they’re better than I imagined.

3 Likes

I’m East Coast US and @Spacerobots is West Coast US. It could be really fun to try a Double Double Bear sometime, ie, two sets of two Bears!

2 Likes

I’m coming back to the states sometime this year, but not sure when yet. I’ll keep this in mind lol, because that took some coordination. 4 player scaling double bear wotan fight sounds crazy xD

4 Likes

Oh yeah. We’re already pretty in sync and we developed a language for how to communicate Bear related issues. It’s almost like the pacific rim mechs. I think I saw that movie once, where it’s like, two really in tune pilots who split the duties of mind melding with the mech.

…if you have to explain a movie reference, using the reference is pointless :joy:

2 Likes

You’ll have to teach me that language more in depth the only thing i could decipher was

bear bear bear bear bear bear bear…

3 Likes

This was definitely the most fun and silly Takedown run I’ve ever been a part of. :smiley:

We’ve gotta do this again when the 4-player scaling comes out. And any future raids. Heck yeah team BearBear!

3 Likes

Funny story, there’s literally a video where SpaceRobots is doing a solo takedown run with Fl4k while I’m in the background doing a Moze run on Athenas testing a build and at one point I’m just going “I want bear!” Over and over. So. I definitely say bear a lot.

Failed runs include “5, 4, 3, 5, 4, 2, 4. Bear can’t count bear time!” A few times

3 Likes

I believe it I bet I could learn quick too!

bear bear!

1 Like

There! That’s half of it. Really, those are the bear essentials. …what is the type code for laugh cry emoji on a computer…is it :joy: it is!

2 Likes

Yeah it took a lot of practice! :smiley: I’ve actually got a whole playlist up of our attempts and earlier builds and failures. It was definitely a shaky start but it started coming together once Sammantix figured out how Green Monster works and all the awesome weird stuff that can be done with it, at first we were using Mind Sweepers and I was trying to use Exploding Bullets instead of Sabot. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4MTYw595eh8-2aKkkrf0L6gwmkcqd6lB We died a lot. :joy:

I’m a FL4K main, it took a while for me to get the hang of playing Moze, a lot of the earlier stuff has me dying because I forget to throw grenades to proc Vampyr or similar “whoops how do I Moze” moments.

2 Likes

I volunteer Ron and myself for double double beatdown bears. I’m East Coast gangster :bear: bear love.

We could call it, “Two for Two, or Double Deuce”.

3 Likes

We need to find you a Playstation teammate to try this with. I forget, @Felixthecoach, are you Playstation?

1 Like

@twoPIZZA is.

Btw, you’re YouTube famous now! Thicc made a vidjeo detailing the puke bear mechanics(green) and class mod interaction.

2 Likes

Yup! And he graciously pinned my comment where I linked this Wotan kill. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hurdy is a more than decent human. We share a love affair with Ogre.

1 Like

Shrek is love?

2 Likes