Beatrix's Infection

(nlaubach@ymail.com) #1

I have a rather specific question regarding Beatrix’s Infection. Does it could as a ‘skill’ or an ‘attack’? I’m interested in using the Bolas Target Finder gear piece, which increases damage taken on an enemy if hit with a skill, so I was curious as to whether or not the damage over time with Beatrix’s Infection counted as a ‘skill’. In addition, at level 5, her left helix allows her infection to spread to nearby enemies for 25 damage a second. I’d also like to know if that counts as a ‘skill hit’, and if that would trigger the damage dealt the enemies perk that the Bolas Target Finder has.

0 Likes

(PSN:Suii1221) #2

Attack, it does not proc Bolas unfortunately.

0 Likes

(nlaubach@ymail.com) #3

Well that sucks xD I still think it’s a great piece of gear given the skill damage imparted by Patient Zero, Fulminate, and Outbreak. But I wish the infection proc’d it too.

0 Likes

(PSN:Suii1221) #4

Yeah, Melkas poision used to proc it, I haven’t checked since her nerf.

0 Likes

(Ambra's Arbiter) #5

Still does. All passives are considered skills, except for True Strike

1 Like

(Zig13) #6

Does that mean you disagree with myrickma regarding Beatrix’s infection then?

1 Like

(Ambra's Arbiter) #7

No, not necessarily. I haven’t tested and they likely have so I will definitely say they were right, but I should’ve mentioned more, and more potential, exceptions. Passives directly attached to an attack like True Strike and Infection, are not considered skills, but Venom, Element of Surprise, etc. are. In essence…

Oops, I should have been much more specific. Sorry! (Why must you betray me, past me?)

1 Like

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #8

Because Beatrix is the exception to the general rule created by all the precedents

1 Like

(Ambra's Arbiter) #9

Ranged homing silence…

1 Like

(PSN:Suii1221) #10

Anyone know if Infection caused by Patient zero causes proc?
Like when you hit someone affected and you get infected??

0 Likes

(PSN:Suii1221) #11

Thats a no btw haha
However…The Pacifier does proc which is veeerrryy interesting.

1 Like