Bee shield is too much

I know its a little late, i have played borderlands 2 for years, i have found the bee is just way too much, there is almost no reason to use any other amp shield, and with it being a not so uncommon drop from treants its easy to get, i would consider it a lot better if it was substantially weaker then most purple amp shields to give some insentive to actually use them instead, like the class mods having less but better skill increases in blue ones rather then legendary, giving slight insentive to use them

1 Like

Although I understand your point, other than COMs there is almost no reason to use non-unique variants of any item in the game.

1 Like

But very few are so rediculously overpowered as the bee, where other uniques may be set aside for something on a non unique or a lower power unique, like a melee shield, say you have the hide of terramorphous, but the recharge delay is low, you will likely trade off the huge damage boost for a purple melee shield, the order or the love thumper for a longer delay

1 Like

The thing about the Bee is that although it gives massive amp damage while it’s up, and has zero drain, it’s as flimsy as a piece of plastic food wrap. Using it is a calculated risk. It’s lousy for a melee character, and it’s a poor choice for mobbing because it will be down or partially charged a good chunk of the time (so no amp damage). There are plenty of other shield options in the game though. Compare the capacity to some of the other legendary and seraph shields in the game, and you’ll see what I mean.

3 Likes

I have and i understand the delay part, as i have only seen as low as 5.xx maybe 4.9x, and the only real “disadvantage” to other amp shields i have seen is the fact that if you shoot and lose shield before your shot hits the amp damage is nulled… however if you shoot without a charged shield and it charges your shot has amp damage, i just find the bee takes away a lot of the fun, i have been avoiding using it myself and have had so much more fun, could you imagine all the people that say how amazing the infinity is… if they didnt pair it with a bee to make it a half way decent gun

1 Like

And why anyone would use a bee for melee is beyond me, my friend was doing a melee zero and when we got the bee in tina’s this time he ised it and nothing else he wouldnt listen to us telling him if hes going to hse the bee he should spec into the critical tree instead of using a melee build cause its just fighting against himself

1 Like

I just would personally prefer if it had a significantly reduced drop rate or the amp damage was at par with blue amp shields, which would still make it the amp shield most people use but it would give insentive to use the others also

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the way they designed amp shields, it’s also the only truly usable amp shield. The bee was a mistake and they realized it very early on. A lot of enemies in the dlc were designed in a way to make it a challenge to keep the bee up. I’m guessing the power of the bee is why it or some equivalent never made it into the pre sequel.

1 Like