Been away how’s Mayhem?

Hey all,
Coming back after a months-long break…they fix Mayhem yet? What are the most lucrative levels to play at?

Thanks all.

FP

Everything is absolutely perfect, not one single thing wrong…Mayhem modifiers are delightful and fun for everyone…

If you take some time out to view the General Discussion Board, you’ll see nothing but positive comments praising Gearbox as the Gods of the gaming industry, for their innovating and groundbreaking Mayhem 2.0.

Anyone who says otherwise is a Destiny player trying to ruin Borderland’s good name.

3 Likes

Before anyone takes the above post seriously, it’s a joke. Don’t take it the wrong way.

3 Likes

Faaaar better than it was. Some of the headlines:

• Now everything drops for the Mayhem level you are on. So before if you opened a red chest, the items would not be mayhem-scaled. Now vendors, chests, mail, everything is for your mayhem level.
  • Every gun/grenade now has a little indicator on the item card to tell us the Mayhem level it is for.
  • Any source of damage now scales to your mayhem level. Guns already got more damage based on the level it drops on. Grenades now do that too. Furthermore, action skills, melee, ground pounding, vehicles and anything that did damage tied to your level and not your gear does more damage according to your Mayhem level. This means that all kinds of builds are possible. Iron Bear is extremely good now (at last).
  • The balance of guns have improved with health on upper difficulties having been lowered and whole categories of guns having been buffed as well as many individual ones.
  • There are new ways of using Eridium, such as Earl’s machine being able to sell us quest rewards we have previously unlocked and the Gun Gun being able to fire out legendaries.
  • 21 anointments have been taken out entirely as a way of “trimming the fat.” Furthermore, as you move up difficulties anointments appear more often. On Mayhem 10 everything that can be anointed is anointed.
  • The dedicated drops have been moved around and spread among more enemies so you are now more likely to get the items you want from farming.
  • The game runs a lot smoother and is less likely to crash.
  • Over the past few months we have also had a new Takedown and DLC story pack.

I think that covers everything but, as I say, we have come faaaar. People can complain a bit around here (and sure, there’s many ways the game can still improve) but really we have a lot to be grateful for, especially seeing as how they accomplished all this while mostly working from home.

4 Likes

Far from perfect. The devs are still trying to balance around it. There’s definitely progress being made, but it’s not in the best state it can be. I mean, if you’re already taking a break you might as well wait a bit more until updates plateau. Progression will be much more satisfying that way.

1 Like

lol yea…I’m jus being ridiculous :clown_face:

You’ll get a lot of opinions about how the game is now, but the only way to truly know is to try it out for yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the info, people…I appreciate you catering to my laziness, but I work two jobs and would rather spend the free time I have playing gamey games than reading through the boards looking for info.

Gratefully,

FP

1 Like

it’s not easy to clean up this mess I am sure.

1 Like

Honestly, Mayhem 8 is most likely the most enjoyable to play. Enemies have 4000% less health than M10, 2 modifiers and weapons are all annointed(or so I have been told).

If you’re not a min-max difficulty chaser as I am guilty of, M8 would be my vote.

1 Like

For the most part i think mayhem 8 or 6 is the best place to play rightnow

1 Like

The game is in a pretty decent place in general right now. A lot of the recent weapon buffs have been nice. Grenades just got a damage increase across the board.

I am personally enjoying M10, but others have said that anywhere between M4 and M8 is better. Just depends on how you feel about the modifiers and how many you want. M6 and above for the M6 exclusive weapons, M8 for guaranteed anoints and only 2 modifiers.

It’s still a work in progress, but in general the game feels really good right now.

1 Like