Benedict: This isn't an exploit, right?

I got some hate mail for pitching a tent and camping up on the wall between stage my sentry on overgrowth. Gearbox knew what they were doing when they made the wall accessible to benedict, right?

Jerk move…Maybe. Exploit…I don’t think so.

I think he was butthurt cause I went 20-2

2 Likes

that wall is just terrible as it is, ernest can shoot over it to hit a sentry as well and mellka can both hang out up there all day if they wanted(haven’t tried with anyone else)

3 Likes

the only thing i ever use this wall for(assuming its the backdoor wall to the sentry from the mid thralls like i assume) is to get away fast with phoebe

the wall by the choke point is what i THINK he means, but it may be the wall by the snipers perch

I think ISIC can get up there too. all he needs to do is pop his ult once up there and lay wast to the sentry. If he gets close to death just move back. although I haven’t tried any of this myself.

I wouldn’t call this one an exploit - You are horribly exposed up there.
I’ve never seen someone manage to stand there safely for more than a couple of seconds.

3 Likes

ISIC definitely can glitch up there and it is super annoying.

Not the area by the thralls. The wall between the big mid shard and your sentry

It’s not the guys standing up there that’s the problem imo but rather the fact that Ernest can shoot over it.

1 Like

Nope. Its Benedicts unique advantage. Not using it would be stupid, so I respect you for it. Bravo (a)

3 Likes

It’s an obvious exploit of poor map design and you know it. That you go on to brag about it is just further evidence of the decline of actual competitive play in this game as it loses out to a desire to just cheese as hard as possible.

9 Likes

Right, cause you watch all of my games and know how I play. Cool

I would think they would have fixed it by now if they considered it an exploit, similar to the old marquis shenanigans. It was a legit question. If they have no intention of changing it, then they don’t have a problem with it.

1 Like

Guys, be cool. We can disagree and be civil at the same time.

4 Likes

I’d imagine a thorn that is good with her melee push back could pull it off. I’ve seen some thorns get to some crazy places with that move

1 Like

Mellka can very easily get on the wall too. I sometimes go up there in order to chase Benedict off, but I only stay there for as long as it takes to fire a Blade Launcher at an obnoxious retreating bird

9 Likes

Well, Mellka can basically do whatever she wants whenever. Kinda fits her. Most fun character to play with IMO (if no one’s slowing you and stuff)
Ofc, you already know and agree with all of that

2 Likes

It depends on whether they are aware of it yet or not. They’ve fixed other areas after being made aware of them. If you want to see if it’s considered an exploit or not report it to the devs and see what happens.

I think people in these forums have a hard time with what the word “competitive” means? http://www.dictionary.com/browse/competitive
The whole nature behind competition is that it is unfair, if it wasn’t then there wouldn’t be competition. Now I don’t think cheating should be in the game as using programs to manipulate the game in a virtual space is neither playing the game nor is it competitive; however jumping onto a wall with a character that can fly is far from a glitch or cheat and is far from the super jumps in Halo 2 and glitching inside of walls or under maps.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Alt account thread: dominator3864