Benedict: This isn't an exploit, right?

maybe it’s my life experience, but when i fight to win i fight with tools that’re available, and hitting from unexpected directions can do quite a bit if employed right. and as for why? because i’ll always look at things and go “I wonder”. does that mean i constantly cheese? no. but i try to find those things so i am aware they exist and how to potentially counter them as well.

and unfair advantages exist in EVERYTHING in life. the fact that there’s pvp means players are going to look for every edge and advantage.

It’s NOT an exploit… it’s a privilege.
A privilege bestowed upon the flight capable by the Great Eagle.
You know… if you’re religious. I usually just use it as a perch to flick my pistachio shells at Ambra.
Oh… she gets… sooooooooooo… pissed…

Yes… Mellka has used her blade launcher to ruin quite a number of bags of perfectly good pistachios.
Unnecessarily I might add…
I mean, it’s not like I flick 'em at…
Ok. ONE TIME I flicked 'em at her. ONE… Well… no… two… three… four… you know what… the point isn’t how many times I flicked pistachio shells at her, or Ghalt, or Whiskey, or any of the other Battleborn.
The point is SHE’S overreacting and she just won’t let it go…

12 Likes

I’m overreacting? You’re the loser who spends more time posting on internet forums than doing recon.

Yeah, that’s right, Bennie - I’ve found out your dirty little secret. Too scared to talk smack face-to-face, so you run your beak about us online. Real classy, buddy. But now that Ghalt’s lifted my ban from the network (none of your business), I’m going to make sure there’s balance around here. You spout any more ■■■■ about me, and I’ll be on you like Kleese on the last doughnut in the box. Friggin’ Kleese.

And stop flicking those f***ing pistachios!

9 Likes

may i just say you’re a gem…

_#_Overgrowththings

2 Likes

I CAN DO BOTH!!! IT’S CALLED MULTI-TASKING!!!

6 Likes

Multi-tasking, huh? Is that anything like that “multi-loader” you never stop complaining about?

Funny how I always thought the tapping sound coming from your quarters at night was just you pecking at seeds…

3 Likes

HEY, IT’S NOT MY FAULT THE UPR ENGINEERS WON’T FILL MY MAINTENANCE REQUESTS ANYMORE!
And maybe I wouldn’t complain so much if you guys would invite me to your little executive brunches every once in a while! I like doughnuts too, you know!
Or at the very least stop sending me out on recon missions in the middle of the night while everyone else is enjoying movie night or poker night or the Battleball. I mean, I’m out here, flying around Bliss, freezing my ass off, with my friggin’ wireless VR chat device…

Hold on… Hold on… friggin’ frost bats…

And you guys are back on Nova partyin’ without me!
I mean what the hell is gonna happen on Bliss at this time of night that I’m even on the lookout for? That Nova’s sensors can’t detect?
And you wonder why I act out and throw pistachio shells at you…

4 Likes

Oh, trust me, there’s all kinds of important and vital mission-objective stuff down there. Rendain loyalists, giant ice monsters, some kind of key power station you gotta stand on for five minutes before it starts up… you never know, so keep flying. For a long time. At least for as long as it takes us to wrap up this party and get over our hangovers.

As for Nova, she’s, uh… she’s defragmenting her hard drive this weekend. So obviously we need some talons on the ground. Not that I’m suggesting you physically land, because your survival rate down there would be practically zero. On the other hand, if you don’t land, how are you gonna be thorough in your search? And you gotta be thorough, Bennie. If only I weren’t busy up here, guarding the command centre, finishing this drink, I’d come help you out. Too bad.

PS: Teshka says to bring her back a frost bat. I don’t know if she means alive or dead. Don’t have the stomach right now to ask.

3 Likes

Friggin-----%$^N@PI5(#$@#$BB N_#$(—ERROR

TRANSMISSION LOST
REESTABLISHING VR CHAT LINK…

—ats!!! They’re attackin’ my frig------$%NI%N+93J49B4%(NN$$N(_N$#$)N4-49512—ERROR

TRANSMISSION LOST

—smittter!!! They must be attracted to the wirele------M_$4N9N#$MN_%$ MN41 34-1TN—ERROR

TRANSMISSION LOST

—gnal!!! There’s a whole friggin swarm of thes----- #ONN#-5$P-@$J%@M#@##—ERROR

TRANSMISSION LOST

—AW HELL NO!!! GIVE ME BACK MY VR CHAT DEVICE YOU FLYING FREAKS!!! NO… DON’T YOU DARE… DON’T YOU DARE DROP-----VVVVVVVVVEMTM_$M)$4-042909-2-05—ERROR

TRANSMISSION LOST

ERROR - WIRELESS SIGNAL NOT DETECTED. LIVE CHAT TO TEXT INTERFACE TERMINATED.

4 Likes

I’m surprised Whiskey didn’t stick his knife in the wall and climb up after you. Or did he, and did you neglect to mention that you’re on his sh*t-list now?

1 Like

Oh, hey, Benedict, are you still there? So this is hilarious, but I misheard the message. Teshka didn’t say “go catch a frost bat” - she actually said “don’t catch frostbite.” You know, 'cos she’s worried about you. Like we all are. We totally care. So much.

I’m sure you guessed that anyway. I mean, frost bats freakin’ drink blood! Who’d want one of those?

So yeah, ignore that last message, okay? And keep in mind, the music’s loud up here, and I’m pretty drunk.

…Bennie? You hearing this, bird-boy?

Man, you must be having some kind of fun down there. Totally jealous. Anyway, gotta run, I hear Deande is about to do her famous fan dance…

4 Likes

Mellka sits with a cup of coffee on the command deck of Nova having a calm, casual conversation with Thorn, Deande, Phoebe, Marquis, Rath, Kleese, Ghalt, Miko, and Shayne and Aurox over powdered breakfast pastries. Rath seems confused, like he’s never had a casual breakfast before, and keeps stabbing his jelly doughnut with his fork. Shayne keeps chuckling and trying to show him the proper use of utensils.

ENTER BENEDICT - Soaked… armor torn and tattered… covered in bat sh*t… cuts, bruises, and open wounds everywhere… feathers completely disheveled… smells like a dead, um, you know what, pretty much Boldur’s room… and he’s tired, hungry, and PISSED.

MELLKA:
Oh, hey, Benedict! Back from recon huh? Looks like you had a rough time. Man, that sucks. What happened down there? I mean, we lost contact… I think… I dunno… last night’s still a bit hazy… but I know you had it handled right? I mean… you are the most badass rocket hawk in the system right? That’s why we sent you! You clearly had the operation in in your claws. So… uh… report I guess? How’d the reconnaissance mission go? Oh… oh… stay away from the brunch spread. We don’t need you getting whatever that is all over the food, plus you’re still on ration packs from that business on Ekkunar… So… uh… yeah… report!

Mellka grabs a doughnut and takes a big bite. The others watch, either amused, rolling their eyes, or not wanting to say anything. GHALT… you could have said SOMETHING…

BENEDICT:
I… was down there… for 7 hours… in the freezing cold. I… got attacked… by a SWARM… of frost bats. They wrecked my chat device AND my comms unit AND my emergency comms unit… and by the way it is standard procedure to send backup when you lose contact with one of your reconnaissance units, Mellka… and then… they decided to attack me. I was covered in the frigging leeches… they bit the hell out of me… wrecked my armor… tore up my thermal protection… I had to drop from the sky and fire off Boomsday 12 times to kill 'em all, or at least get ‘em to retreat. I struggled for the next 45 minutes to make it back to the rendezvous point. Fired up the emergency transmitter… No Nova. For 3 hours. I had to find a nearby cave, slaughter a damaroghi that nearly ATE ME… crawl in and use it’s body for warmth… those things smell Mellka… which still didn’t work so I had to break open my rockets and use the incendiaries to make a fire. Now out of ammunition. After 3 HOURS… STILL NO NOVA. Check the transmitter… working fine! Check the connection… you should be receiving me! And then the swarmers came, and I’m down there… MELLKA, unarmed… I had to rig the transmitter to blow, use my launcher to beat the remainder off like a club. STILL NO NOVA. 35 MORE MINUTES… A passing garbage scow heading for the UPR colony noticed the explosion and finally came to pick me up. They recognized me. All commented on how they heard I was a jackass, and how it was SO NICE that it was just a rumor and I was SO QUIET for their whole trip. Spent an hour and a half listening to all their stories about what a jackass I am. Finally get them to take me here once their garbage run is done. And I find you guys… with your little brunch… not even caring what happened to ol’ Benedict.

MELLKA:
Yep. Anything else to report?

BENEDICT:
I’m hungry, I’m tired, I’m cold, I need lots of disinfectant, probably some vaccinations and additional medical attention but I’ll settle for a long shower right now. And… I’m real… real… damned angry.

MELLKA:
Ok… cool… well… you go shower or preen yourself or whatever the hell you do when you’re not wasting time chatting online, or watching old TV shows, or pigging out on junk food… I know about your stash by the way… and yeah… nice report. Oh… and um… great job out there soldier… that’s what you say right? Ghalt? Is that what you guys say?

Benedict, trembling with rage walks towards the door. Enter Ernest, Montana, Galilea ,and Oscar Mike.

ERNEST:
OH HERE YOU ARE!!! Look who was too good to bother showing up for my mandatory exercise regiment AGAIN recruits. Benedict… I swear to the Great Eagle if you don’t get your act…

Looks at me.

ERNEST:
What the hell happened to you?

I shove him out of the way.

BENEDICT:
Ghalt… I’m grabbing several gallons of disinfectant and wound sealant from the med bay, and I better not hear any BULLSH*T ABOUT MY SELF MEDICATION PRIVILEGES BEING REVOKED!!!

I storm out.

ERNEST:
(To Mellka)
What the hell happened to him?

Mellka gives him her most sarcastic, sadistic smile and grabs for another pastry. Finds the box is empty.

MELLKA:
Oh, g*ddammit Kleese!

6 Likes

Whiskey… um… he picked up the shells and ate them.
It was super weird.
I haven’t thrown them at him since.

4 Likes

@Benedict_87 @MellkaHyentota

Internet officially won.

:+1::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

xD I guess that works too. So, when is gearbox hiring you for scenario writing?

This thread has become quite funny which I can appreciate, but to the initial question – this is an obvious exploit and I can’t figure out why Gearbox hasn’t stopped this yet. But more importantly, I cant for the life of me understand how playing like this would be fun for anybody. Why would somebody choose to play like that instead of playing the game the way it was intended, which is a lot of fun? Plus as Benedict isn’t a lot of the fun of using him his mobility and flying around. Standing still in one cheese spot where melees can’t hit you and shooting rockets down is fun to people? I don’t get it…

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I can’t stand when Pendles runs around while cloaked. It’s so unfair that he has his ability to his advantage. I think all pendles should have to melee the air every few seconds just to make sure the game is fair.

3 Likes

How is that fair to pendles

Lol. Ok bud we will pretend the developers want you to stand on an invisible wall. If playing like that is fun for you, go for it. Just don’t be surprised if people hate you on your way to your 20-2 score. Whatever works right?

2 Likes