Best Borderlands Raid of All Time?

Personally I think Wotan The Invincible from BL3, The Invincible Sentinel from BLTPS, and the Ancient Dragons of Destruction from BL2 are the top 3 raids in Borderlands history. Name your top 3 personal favourite raids below!

3 Likes

I didn’t do too many raid bosses cuz I didn’t have nobody to play with and couldn’t solo most of them but my favorite would probably be: Hyperius the Invincible from BL2. I enjoy Wotan a lot and now that I think about it they share a lot of similarities so probably why I enjoy both fights.

I know a lot of people are probably going to say the BL2 Raid Dragons.
edit: oh you said top 3. umm… Terramorphous the Invincible for my 3rd I guess

1 Like

Crawmerax the invincible
Craw_banner
This is my favorite, name three ? unfortunately there is no more fun raids for me.

2 Likes

I think for me it would be Wotan, Sentinel and Haderax.

1 Like

Bonehead the Invincible when you curiously venture over to his area ahead of schedule in the game when you’re still like level 3 and he’s 12 or something. - Borderlands 1

That Constructor at the top of the Supply Dock just before the entrance to Bunker when you’re under-leveled during your first play through and don’t have anything corrosive. - Borderlands 2

Vermivorous The Invincible.
A. It’s hidden in a game mechanic most people hate dealing with and would otherwise stop short.
B. Getting that mechanic to work and spawn it is even hindered by needing coop difficulty to increase the odds.
C. There is no area or waiting for vulnerabilities to spawn, you just have to pour on the damage
D. The Maps you can spawn Vermi on have the bonus of other mobs who can get mixed up in the fight and make for True Mayhem.

6 Likes

sarcastic slab the invincible every bl2 raid was mechanical garbage aside from maybe craw who did not have any cheap shots or double novas or homing tracking projectiles next would be pete because inintendedly scaffold actually stops his double novas which is not actual game mechanic so yeah nothing to cry home to mom about in terms of bl2 raids

wotan is the better of the raids but his adds are a bit too tough

3 Likes

Maliwan takedown is by far the best raid great design and difficulty well balanced.
Not even sure what the others “best” would be as they are terribly flawed.
Maybe Terramorphous because he was the first and not that bad all things considered, and well son of crawmerax he was kind of relaxing :rofl:

5 Likes

If we got another Takedown or two on par with the Maliwan Takedown we’d be set for years to come.

9 Likes

Yep. A COV takedown and a creature takedown would be awesome.

5 Likes

Crawmerax the Invicible in Bl1 was the first true raid. I mean for me, the others raids in bl2 and bl3 are bullet sponge raids if that is fun for you… that is good at least you enjoy… I cant

2 Likes

Up until Maliwan Takedown I absolutely despised raids… So I’ll go for MTD for 1st place and dragons and Crawmerax for second and third for looks and nostalgia reasons.

1 Like

I loved the BL1 DLC " The Secret Armory of General Knoxx", most notably for the crack in the wall and floor seam glitch that allows you to fall into the chamber of weapons chests without the timer going off.

1 Like

I’m really hoping in 2021 they focus on end game activities and look to add another takedown or two. I don’t think this game can survive in the long run when there are only two takedowns/raids available.

3 Likes

Eclipse/EOS

7 Likes

You are right, I meant the first one for me since I did not do any dlc in bl1

Yep. My very first playthrough. Though it wasn’t him that killed me but one of his bruiser pals. :smiley:

This too lol. That constructor had me pinned down for like 20 minutes (before I died.)

1 Like

I would have to say Maliwan Takedown is my favorite raid of all of them. The Valks and Wotan aren’t instant-farmable like past raid bosses of course but the whole thing feels like a proper raid and I never get tired of running it. The map is just the right length with the right pacing and the music is awesome to boot. :smiley:

I’ve had fun with all the raids though. They all have some interesting mechanics, even Master Gee heh. Execution of those mechanics maybe wasn’t always perfect but still fun nonetheless.

The Invincible Sentinel is probably my least-favorite though. Just an amped up version of the final bosses and nothing really new.

Edit: oh yeah, Vora can eat a bag of hell. How could I forget about him lol. I’ve only beaten him solo with Sal, because Sal.

4 Likes

I have fond memories of killing Terramorphous with melee Zer0…it wasn’t something I was able to do immediately, and it took me awhile to git gud enough to pull it off. Terra is still my favorite raid boss even if the design/combat flow is not that great in retrospect.

Maliwan Takedown is fun and Wotan doesn’t feel too cheesy. For me things still get a lil dicey when it comes to the double shield phase but a lot of that is because i’m a sloppy and lazy player lol.

Digistruct Peak is gruelling, but aside from the length I liked it. Trying out off-meta builds there was a lot of fun even if they didn’t work out.

7 Likes

Does EOS count? That boss is so damn hard he’s extremely satisfying to beat. I also enjoyed the Sentinel but wish it was harder. Best so far has got to be Maliwan Takedown. The pure adrenaline rush from beating it for the first time is fantastic. Wotan is a fun dynamic fight and the music helps a lot.

Honorable mention to Gee because he’s so ■■■■■■■ horrible it’s funny.

4 Likes

Not technically but I definitely would include him in the list of BL raid bosses because that’s one tough fight for sure

2 Likes