Best character to beat Badassasaurus Rex with?

Man, I hate this boss. Best character to take him out fastest with? I guess Salvador with his grog harold trick or maybe Zero if he can be bored?

Opinions please.

1 Like

Anyone who beehawks and hides behind the barrier

2 Likes

Good answer I guess

1 Like

But wait I’m reading now that amp damage (ie. Bee) is not effective against Badassasaurus??

1 Like

I’ve never heard this, but even if it’s true hiding behind the barrier is still the best way

1 Like

Sal is def the fastest with Harold/grog. If I use another character I use same strategy…hide behind barrier and use Harold, switch to grog when needed. Explosive damage seems to do the trick.

1 Like

i use Bee on Badass Rex. I use Harold and swap to Grog if needed while circling and jumping on the map and avoiding its attack. If i don’f feel like swapping, i use Hail.

Actually, I forgot to mention this, the quickest way really is pimp/ durping. I just stood at the barrier and used my slag barking pimp and all torgue parts derp durp and killed him in 2 seconds, just gotta watch out for its ranged attacks. That’s how I speed farmed trying to get a perfect slow hand.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for your response guys. So how come guys online saying amp damage does not affect him?? How did this fallacy come about.

2 Likes

Probably because amp damage on reflected projectiles is simply going to kill the player faster. All those shiny bits are the bits you don’t want to aim for; if you accidentally hit them, it’s going to hurt.

3 Likes

Killed myself farming nvhm ancient dragons more than once because of reflected amp damage

1 Like

Ok. Still I’m not sure how that led some people to believe that amp damage doesn’t work against him.

So what are best weapons you guys would to use? Harold alot of people have said, also I noticed people online have said Spiker etech pistols are good (no rebound), but not really heard much else. I was going to get a Swordsplosion to use but not sure it will be worth it.

PS. I got him down to half health just now (using a full 150 anarchy Gaige) but got impatient and died. I just wanna cheese him in ~5 minutes.

1 Like

Fibber + Bee is the obvious answer.

Harold is the obvious answer for anyone else.
Hail + Bee is great too (Axton mainly).

1 Like

Fibber eh, I’ll look into it. But I just found out I had an awesome Stinkpot rifle sitting in the bank, just 1 level above what I am now! It’s a well used hand-me-down on account of me being so impressed at how awesome a weapon it was!

Sounds good (explosive and corrosive combo right?), imma try with this gun when I level up!

1 Like

I shall cherish that post til my dying day.

5 Likes

While generally I agree that a Stinkpot wouldn’t be most players first choice for BARex (or many other things for that matter), I have in fact used exactly that weapon in exactly that fight. Sometimes, you just have to roll with what you’ve got. And it wasn’t terrible - it did actually do damage if you landed the blobs in the right place.

2 Likes

I’m probably among the very few who farmed for a Stingpot. More than once!
Gaige with the right COM can get good results in Torgue’s Arena or the Washburn Refinery…
Wouldn’t be so underwhelming if it could crit.

As for BARex. I think I did my very first run on it “legit”. Probably still in normal or TVHM and overlevel for it. With a Kerblaster. (Axton) From memory it’s projectiles are not reflected (Not the grenade for sure) or moving slowly and can be easily dodged. Do not try it from behind the wall or you will kill yourself. Seriously. :wink:
After that encounter it was BeeHawk all the way and hiding behind the wall. I did kill myself quite a few time before realizing it was reflecting projectiles. Never heard about “amp don’t work” anywhere and with the experienced players who already chimed in. I would discard that as “yet another false info” without thinking.

imho the best “character” to bring to that fight is @nat_zero_six ! Success guaranteed!

3 Likes

Nat is legend.

2 Likes

Actually I now remember using the Peak Opener to stunning effect.

2 Likes

Dual Harolds with sheriff’s badge and magic missiles does the trick no barrier required.

1 Like