Best Fist parts for Deputy Sal?

Grabbed me a slag one with Torgue grip and sites. Happy happy happy.

3 Likes

Here’s a thing : my current Sal just got to 72 so ended up getting a new Lady Fist last night. The first slag version I got had the stability prefix (Core).

My previous LF I found incredibly annoying because the recoil would throw out my shotgun aim. I presume this was made worse by Steady as She Goes. The Core version has no recoil on the first shot. I haven’t used it yet in the field but I think it’s going to be the one for me.

Thoughts @DeputyChuck @Kurtdawg13 ?

3 Likes

Most likely. I have a Core prefix slag ladyfist on console and is the preferred prefix, imo. I use a Slag prefix ladyfist on PC(no accessory). I get a bit of a kick on the first trigger pull but nothing that I can’t mitigate/deal with. I suppose your offhand weapon’s recoil comes into play. If you’re rocking hyperion shotty in your offhand, then yes that recoil kick can get a bit out of control. lol reverse recoil for ya. :wink: I don’t shoot the ladyfist very much. I only use it for the crit boost. I’ll fire it if the enemy in front of me is causing me to backpedal and it’s taking more than a couple shots, then yes, I will slag that mofo and be done with them. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

One thing of note with Hyperion weapons is the initial recoil is much worse if you were running when you started shooting. I always make sure I stop running at least about half a second before I pull the trigger.

I never had a LF with that accessory, so I can’t bring much else to this discussion right now :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes, good point Chuck. This is a thing :point_up:t2: lol

4 Likes

This video is by derch… covers the LF and part info… 11:22 I am still learning… this makes sense

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that vid. As usual, Derch’s logic is sound. For the purposes of the Deputy build, I think it’s safe to say that DPS is not actually the feature we’re necessarily looking for however.

• I think we can agree its primary function is to simply sit passively idle and turn the left hand gun into a crit monster.
  • Its secondary function is to slag, which is why I like Chuck’s recommendation to go for Redundant (twin/double shot) : almost double slag chance.
  • Its third function is to not piss me off : Steady + the Hyperion initial recoil was making my aim goofy, which is why I think the Core (stability) version is going to work for me. I need to experiment with this more as this is the first time I’m using a LF with Sal.
  • The fourth function is to add DPS to big boss targets. Since it seems the above prefixes are more useful than the damage or fire rate prefixes, it seems reasonable to look for a Bandit or Torgue grip.

But again, this is minutiae. The LF farm is extremely annoying for me. I’ll usually take “good enough”.

6 Likes

Anyone ever thought about using a maliwan grip?

6 Likes

According to GearCalc the difference is 12% vs 13.8%. Why not?

4 Likes

Yes :wink:

5 Likes

I am such a late comer so I may ask things already known… but I found a third choice which may suit me better for the LF it has a tediore grip… I fired the jacobs grip, dahl grip, and vladof grip (all i have at the time) the jacobs kicked out a little more than the others but all were close… vladof is fast and tediore slower… so that being said for some reason this variant I just got is not talked about and is not in the wiki variant chart… it has a 22 bullet clip and this will be better for money shot chain if you use it in the right hand. I thought I would get any input from LF aficionados This may be more for the money shot crowd… the gun in the right hand decides if you get the max bonus for the last bullet in the mag… the card says 10 but everyone else says 12 has to be in the clip to get the full bonus and this also gives the full bonus to the left had gun regardless of clip size… just wanted to clarify that cheers!

1 Like

I tried that with Hoarder Salvador and while it largely helped with negating that stupid Assault Rifle critical damage penalty, the issue was… kept going into FFYL while just holding the Fist there.

1 Like

I don’t like the recoil “kick” the redundant prefix has. Same reason I don’t like the redundant prefix on the Logan’s gun.

4 Likes

The most recent Fist I grabbed was an Elegant Slag w/ Torgue grip. It feels very accurate and with next to no noticeable recoil.

Not sure where it sits in the grand scheme but Iike it way better than my last two.

3 Likes

That variant simply lacks an accessory altogether.
The prefix comes from the grip since it has no element either.

The money shot thing is a bit pointless IMO as all LF will give the full bonus to the main hand anyway. And the Money Shot you get out of the LF itself pales in comparison to what your main hand will achieve anyway.

What you want out of a LF is the crit bonus (which they all have) and the slag. To me, the best parts are those that help you slag better.

3 Likes

Thank you… it is a compliment when you can beat google…

What you say makes sense in N and TVHM I use to treat Sal like he was Zero but I am… like I was with Zero forced to dig into his action skill the further i go… I am trying to learn details about other methods… my tanking now is from money shot using grog and dpuh to adding a ladyfist crit or other combos.

Is there a thread that may help that you know of starting me on looking at the crit combo setup details :acmsmirk::v::boom:

Never mind… I went back to see what I have read and I got it… this will do :acmaffirmative:

2 Likes

These come to mind. Read this first :

then this :

2 Likes

Thanks I usually use the search and was having trouble finding much ladyfist info… so I went down the rabbit hole trying to combine a ladyfist in on my own… time to do some more reading I use those a lot and just learned a bunch more after your reminder …:v: :acmomg:

1 Like

On Sal, I consider a Maliwan grip LF to be a win. Fire rate differences between Lady Fists are relatively inconsequential anyway, and the lower damage also does not matter. Only reason ever to shoot it is to apply slag, not to damage. On other characters, a Maliwan grip LF is kind of a fail IMO, but on Sal - AOK!

4 Likes

Rubi/LF/ROM combo on the Ancient Dragons. :cowboy_hat_face: Dep Sal Brawn Build.
5 Likes