Best Grenade for "while in IB 20% chance drop grenade"?

Forgot nukes thrown by bear should be free…but also…might not work right.

1 Like

Anything with a high base damage that bounces around is good – Tina’s Hippity Hoppers, Moxxi’s Bouncing Pair, Anshin coil grenades.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind this annoint is still bugged and you have to unequip and reequip after every IB use.

1 Like

You kind of can - it’s like aiming the grenade from the Cradle or the orbs from the WTF shield for both range and direction (so I understand if few people have this sort of practice). :stuck_out_tongue: Outside of Hex grenades or incredibly good regular ones with a tracking delivery, multi-MIRV ones are my favorite for this… tons of damage with a little slop in case I miss.

No way the Unforgiven crit buff transfers to those grenades? :open_mouth:

How does this work? Get the corrosive damage going and throw a grenade?

Thanks… I always forget this. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hunter Seekers and Red Queen Beam. Yup.

2 Likes

That Green Monster COM really needs work from her Bottomless Mags tree if someone wants to get the full damage rate… fifty seconds of sustained fire is unusually long for any other character (and for that matter, for non-Vladof weapons). Like has anyone used a non-Vladof weapon with the Green Monster and gotten to the deeper splash damage at the 50-second mark?

As in, you build the stacks and hop in without releasing the trigger (so they’re ‘saved’ while driving), or it works on Iron Bear’s weapons, so you just fire the weapons while wearing that COM and off you go?

Oh, you can let go of the trigger. As long as yo don’t reload or pull the trigger, stacks grow.

1 Like

No you shoot once and the effect keeps rising until you shoot again.

2 Likes

Ah… I fire the weapon once to get the stacks growing ‘in the background’, as in, if I tried to fire the weapon again to take advantage of it, this subsequent trigger pull would reset the stack. However, for Iron Bear’s purpose, this otherwise unusable stack will be applied to its weapons without risk of losing it with a trigger pull while driving.

1 Like

Precisely! It’s become the basis of my main Moze playstyle :joy:

3 Likes

Wait. Y’all be using the 20% made throw? It’s working now?

Also I can’t decide if I will keep using an unforgiven or not. I keep getting one equipped and then taking it back off. I just don’t like not being able to use it for anything during a fight.

I knew hunter seekers were good for this reason! They’re also great for redistribution on low mag weapons.

Have cloning maddening tracker with iron bear annointment on ps4, can confirm it is really fun

1 Like

Trying not to overtake this thread (because I do it a lot, lol). But I’ve been using BearNades for a while. They are still broken, I think. But I just swap then between rides. It sucks, but I like it too much to not do.

I’ve actually moved to only using the Unforgiven when I wanna break through a section. I’m trying an Anarchy now as a Green Monster gun between Bears.

2 Likes

They seem to work more often than not now.

2 Likes

I’m so used to swapping I haven’t tried to check it. I hope it’s more reliable

1 Like

Here’s a write up I did on my BearNades and the other odd gear I use. Anyone on PC I can assist you in obtaining anything I wrote about.

4 Likes

I would keep an eye out for the class mod you prefer with +splash radius, +grenade radius, +splash dmg. IMO those would be the ideal triple threat, and could possibly pair nicely with a singularity style grenade like Quasar or any singularity of your choice just for CC and to group things. Rain Firestorm might also be good especially with those COM modifiers if you can find them rolled together.

If you aren’t already you should try the frozen heart with IB nova annointment, and an ice breaker artifact of your choice. Imagine that paired with a cryo grenade like whispering ice or a cryo recurring hex… you could call it Polar Bear.

Also, the +2719 HP on COM or artifact is okay, but the flat HP gets added after the percent Max HP boost.

Here is an example:

My lvl 57 Moze with guardian rank disabled and no HP modifiers equipped has 10,874 HP. I then put on my artifact with +2719 Max HP, and my class mod with +2719 Max HP, now I have 16,311 HP which means there is already some weird rounding going on here because it should be 16,312. I then equip my rough rider with +35% Max HP, and I get… 20,117.

Now either I’m really bad at math because it should be 22,019… OR the flat HP increase gets added after percent HP increase which then would check out at least according to my math. I know gearbox does weird things though.

3 Likes

Hold the phone Sam if you combo a mindsweeper from this, do the grenades get the unforgiven bonus when they pop?

Well, mindsweeper grenades are based on the damage the bullet that made them did. So if you mean “will the mindsweeper nades have the damage from the Unforgiven crit” yes. But PthP crits aren’t affected by Gun Stuff. So if your question is, will it double dip the Unforgiven bonus, then no.

1 Like