Hello guys. I just finishes downloading my Borderlands 2 Ultimate edition (includes all extra content I think) and I forgot The correct way to play The whole thing without messing up with over-leveling or spoilers. I think I understand The basics Of UVHM but Im not completely sure.
I thought there was the equivalent of the “BL1 Ideal Playthrough” for BL2, but I can’t find anything right now.
That said, some of the information you will want is included in the second half of this post (under the heading “So What Now?”):
Once you’re through NVHM and TVHM to level 50, you can do whatever you like in whatever order you like, since the game scales with you in UVHM.
[quote=“Wafflero, post:1, topic:1485258”]The basics Of UVHM but Im not completely sure.[/quote]From the wiki (which I think is pretty accurate about this?):
Briefly: enemies are a lot tougher, not just in the punishment they take, but also the damage they produce. To take the edge off, Gearbox altered some game mechanics to facilitate using slag. If you go into this expecting something like a linear extension of TVHM’s difficulty, you may be disappointed. Insta-kill headshots with sniper rifles and DoT kills, for example, still work, but you really need to earn them.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies are now more likely to drop ammo, as a compensation to increased health.
- Enemies now have a higher drop rate of high quality items. Bosses have higher chance to drop their corresponding legendary and unique items.
- Enemy levels are automatically scaled above the character of the highest level, along with their health, attack, and loot level. Normal enemies will be the same level while greater enemies will be two levels higher. The change of level happens when characters gain a level or join/leave a game.
- An enemy who is already engaged may not scale their level when level changing occurs.
- Gameplay progress, including all missions, can be reset in game mode selecting screen.
- Hosts with only one Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack will have their enemies capped at level 61/60, regardless of guests’ levels.
- Enemy health generally increased 4x from Normal Mode, 2x from True Vault Hunter Mode
- Non-boss enemies now have a small, flat amount of health regeneration, although still much smaller than most damage over time.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect to 8 seconds.
- Increased the damage that slagged enemies take from non-slag attacks from 2x to 3x.
- Slag on slag damage increased 50%.
- Loot Midgets are now “Legendary Loot Midgets” that have increased drop rates of Legendary items and other top-tier gear.
- Pearlescent weapons are available for players with either of the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Packs.
- Hyperius, Master Gee, Pete, Voracidous the Invincible, and Ancient Dragons of Destruction only drop Seraph Crystals in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Increased the likelihood of certain Seraph weapons to drop from raid bosses as they are no longer sold in vendors.
- Damage of Krieg’s skill Light the Fuse increased by 500%.