Best & Worst Characters For PVP?

Ok, so just a brief preface - I did run some searches before posting but either I suck at searching or something is wrong with the search feature.

So -

I know this will be largely a matter of opinion, but there must be some clear winners / losers for PVP amongst our beloved band of heroes.

Now, I would love a large list of the best to worst characters, top to bottom (or even a link to another thread / forum / discussion / site where this has already been discussed) but ill settle for however much info you guys feel like giving.

I’ve got my own opinions on this matter based upon my playing PVP almost daily since open beta, but I am very curious to as to the opinions here.

Thanks in advance.

Hate to be boring but I consider it to be pretty even across the playing field. I have seen every character carry a team and also drag a team down. Maybe you’re looking for characters that have lower skill curves?

8 Likes

There are so many variables to consider; mode, map, composition and opponents to name a few. In saying that, you’re looking for the most well-rounded toons that function great on any mode or map and with any composition or against any opponent, the top of the tier list.

Without going into too much detail (otherwise I’d be writing this for hours) some of the top-tier Battleborn in the game as it is right now are; Thorn, Oscar Mike, Ambra, Montana, Phoebe, Boldur, El Dragon and Benedict. That’s in no particular order, rather those mentioned are at the top of their class/role. I’d also consider Orendi and Mellka toward the head of the pack.

1 Like

I do believe that a lot of the characters are pretty even and there’s not some that are wholly better than others(though I have heard people say Melka is a better version of caldarius) but from my limited time playing capture I felt like marquis was just a bad pick for that game type

1 Like

Honestly besides benedict and kleese, they are all viable/even across the board, so comp is all that matters

3 Likes

Huh? With his recent health increase Kleese can be very tanky and can lock down a lane on his own, and Benedict, BENEDICT! He’s been over-buffed to the point that he can kill many BB in one Hawkeye cycle. Even a sub-par “sniper” Benedict is now something to be cautious of, how is he not viable!?

3 Likes

Oh sorry I met they were overpowered

3 Likes

I kinda should of thought about the context

1 Like

A tier:

Miko
Montana
Boldur
Melka
Benedict (Legit broken)
Ambra
Thorn
Orendi
Reyna

B tier:

WF
Ghalt (Also C tier depends on who plays him)
Galilea
El dragon
OM
Pendles
Phoebe
Rath
SaA (depending)
Deande
Caldy (you’ll prolly see a lot never die but still lose the game)

C tier:

Isic
Alani
Kelvin
Marquis
Toby
Kleese
Attikus

That right there is about it. Some characters are incredibly pub stompy so in some game they may play A tier but other times they feel like they shouldn’t even be on the list. Hell some of them change just based on certain items.

Pretty much all the A tiers stay A tier. You can always do mad work with those characters.

3 Likes

Tiers are not really ever reliable to me, more like characters that are easier to play than others

1 Like

Kleese is definitely top tier currently, he is so hard to kill and he does abit of damage. Id probably move Marquis and Attikus up to B.

3 Likes

And really these tiers are literally what people think of their own, they say nothing about effectiveness

3 Likes

@hexhammer

Love the list, thanks for listing!

Quite surprised to see both Gali and Rath in B and even more to see Alini in C.

Why?

Also @cadecampbell they may be opinion, but I have trusted the opinions and knowledge of the regular posters on these forums for many years now.

Yeah, I really mean this I’m sorry about the outburst it is just that tier list get me mad

1 Like

I’d put Deande in A tier… She’s been on the rise since the rework… she’s got great assassination potential with the att speed buff and can also act as a disruptor… and she’s quite effective in dealing with the latest nemesis, Pendles… I almost always pick Deande knowing that there will be a Pendles on the enemy side…

In order I would say to carry a team
Ambra,Benedict,Kleese,Miko,El dragon,
Phobe,Rath,Pendles(depending heavily on skill level),someone smart with mellka
I am very scared when rath and el dragon get to level five because both of their ults just melt through you

For Incursion I go by usage tiers.

@mizzoutx

Usage tiers?

i havent seen anyone’s list really reflect what happens at high levels just yet, so i figured i would post my experience

S
benedict
boldur
thorn
miko

A
Galilea- still pushing s tier
Ambra- now probably s tier
orendi
melka
mike simply because of the sentry
alani