Beya's Battleborn fanart corner (paintings, comics, etc.)

(Penguin connoisseur.) #255

That’s @beya for you! You are very detailed as well; just look at SSJ3 Toby’s musculature, haha!

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #256

True, but @beya uses watercolours, where I use pen and markers. Watercolours are so unpredictable, it takes a Jedi to control this media!

Won´t spam my smexy fanarts here, but my expertise is indeed male anatomy above everything else :smirk:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #257

Are they? Sorry. I can’t art, and am ignorant of it’s various methods’ pros and cons…

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #258

Well, I guess every artist has their own preferred media and opinion about different tools, but in my opinion it looks kinda like this:

Watercolours: nearly unlimited possibilities, difficult to handle, color flows as it wants, takes ALOT practice.

CopicMarkers: limited possibilities, easy to learn hard to master, expensive as ■■■■.

Digital: Unlimited possibilities, easy to make things look quite decent, fairly hard to get on professional level.

Carcoal/pencil: effordable, easy to learn, works can easily get destroyed or smeared.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #260

Since this doodle gained some popularity on Twitter I thought I’d dare to put it here as well because I do think it’s pretty cute. It started from me posting a compilation photo of most of my Battleborn art done this year (here’s the photo if interested) and @lowlines suggested I should make an art book and give it to ISIC. Instead I showered ISIC with fanart like this…

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #261

Bit of something with pencils. I dedicated this piece to Anthony, the dev behind Alani and Beatrix. I was surprised that I’m actually not too bad at shading water, it was pretty pleasant.

Might be a while till the next art update. Take care everyone!

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #262

Done, but I admit “quite” looks more like a typo to me :neutral_face:
(so I use “quiet” to say something is silent and “quite” as adverb for “average” or " bit"? English is confusing!)

The water-effects are amazing, I cant wait to see her coloured! :heart_eyes:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #263

Scoffs.

Not too bad, she says… That detailing is AMAZING!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #264

It’s not gonna be colored. That’s the piece, it’s done with pencils.

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #265

Nawww, I love how you do blue though… But it´s awesome as it is now too!

The shadings on her hair and hands are outstanding, the perspective even more so. I´ve always huge troubles drawing hands/arms in such positions, but this looks just perfect!

(Science triumphs!) #266

Gbx, pls make me able to like a post multiple times.

(Orendi's Best Buddy) #267

That Alani is one of my favourite fanart pieces ever. It’s beautiful!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #268

Not quite Super Sayian Toby, but loud nonetheless. A little warm-up piece.

Gifted to @HandsomeCam !

Still pretty blown away by the spotlight in the last Battleplan, I was so happy to read the comments they wrote for the pieces featured, especially stoked that they mentioned ISIC as my favorite, and that they requested to have an artist’s statement on it! Their attention and kindness towards me has been super humbling, I can hardly believe all of this, it’s really crazy :smile:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #269

Why didn’t you ping me, Beya? I’m hurt… Awesome work, and i love the curled flippers! I am SO adding this to my collection!

It still took too damn long, in my opinion… I am happy that you are happy though!

Throws confetti.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #270

I didn’t ping you because usually it takes like 0.2 nanoseconds for you to appear in my thread after a new post.

Well uh my art was featured on the community spotlight once before, back in January, but it wasn’t nearly as extensive then. Bit later, accompanied with a shoutout one of the original pieces I sent GBX was shown on a livestream. Official GBX / Battleborn Twitter has shared my works multiple times. Combining all of this – and the pending canon status – I say they’ve been more than generous with the attention! You can easily imagine why I’m feeling so overwhelmed! :flushed: :sweat_drops:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #271

F*ck, that’s a good reason… Haha! I l’m embarrassed…

Another good point; i was impatient because i don’t remember, or did not know about those things. You deserve every bit of it and more

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #272

The outfit I created for my Battleborn self needed to be polished a bit, so here’s an updated look for yours truly; now better equipped to look after Magnuses in need of repairs. Or therapy. I was really debating whether to include tools or things like that on the design since the LLC seem way too important to carry stuff themselves but hey – I like to be prepared!

Pretty happy with the design now but it should be noted that the colors are inaccurate. The paper hated watercolors so the coat for example is way too light (the original “reference sheet” has more accurate colors). That, and I was really questioning who the heck chose to make so many golden details so the colors are more on the easy side…

The patterning on the left hand – on the “digiskin” glove – was added in Photoshop. I wanted to make a .gif or something else that would better show what the visor of the helmet can do, but I’m useless at animating effects so you’ll just have to imagine it can display anything from words to emoticons to viral videos on it.

Quick example.
gtg

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

P.S. The very first draft of the design had mechanical legs, which would be pretty freaking cool and make sense in the LLC faction, but I felt very disconnected to that design since this is supposed to be me (I don’t have prosthetic legs!). Maybe I’ll explore it a bit more – anything could happen to my knee(cap)s after all!

(Meme Crusader) #273

Sharpening Sword
That can be arranged.

(Kain Zilla) #274

Awesome design, Beya!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #275

Don’t take ISIC’s job :open_mouth: