Beya's Battleborn fanart corner (paintings, comics, etc.)

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #379

In celebration of one month canon I drew the last “frame” for this illustration (it’s quite long, best viewed in a new tab)…

That one depicts the bad times I went through last year with ISIC as my focal point - and wow I’ve come forward so much since then. I left the ending intentionally open, hopeful the next move would be GBX’s… And I’m so honored I could finish this story now, the “lifeline” led further than I thought :relaxed:

(totally not an excuse to draw his hand again)

Full version with the last frame added under this cut because by itself it doesn't look like much :P (again, best viewed in a new tab (sorry))

Words will always fall short trying to describe what I went through, what he means to me, and how truly blessed I am. No 4th walls could bar this bond.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #380

Yesterday was Rath’s birthday, apparently. Got inspired to draw him :crossed_swords:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #381

I don’t often post WIPs here but since this one is still gonna take a while thought I might as well share this progress photo that I uploaded on Twitter yesterday (which is a generally better place for stalking for sketches and WIPs that don’t end up in this thread).

Wanted to do one, a more dedicated piece before the year ends. Still lots to do on it :slight_smile:

(Super Badass Constructor ) #382

I always like it when artists post WIP’s. Tiss a tiny window into ones art construction processes.

(Not a Lizard Person ) #383

Ooooh Beya! This looks incredible! If you post the finished version on Twitter, tag us so we can give it a quote tweet on our channels :slight_smile:

(lowlines - PS4) #384

When you say tag, is that GearboxSoftware? Cos I think many will just use the game’s hashtag or account handle (if at all) :wink:

Everyone posting their work on social media should tag more often so ppl (ie GBX) will actually see your work! Heck I actually missed this WIP picture on my Twitter feed!

(Not a Lizard Person ) #385

Yes, if you’re looking to share your fan creations with us, the best way to do so is by tagging @GearboxSoftware (plus a specific brand channel, like @Borderlands or @Battleborn, if applicable) on Twitter. We really do love every single piece of fanart, cosplay, etc. that we see, and I try and share it on our channels as often as I can.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #386

PLASMA DASHVENTURES! Right next to murder parties, breaking the game by plasma dashing is our favorite hobby. Now we dash forward to year 2018!

Watercolor and white gouache on paper, rough estimate of 40 work hours.

With this I also announce that I’m taking a break, I gotta recharge my batteries. Not sure how long, but in the meanwhile you can contact me through forum PMs or Twitter. Also my Steam and PS4 IDs are on my forum profile, in case you should want to know them :wink:

Take care everyone.

x beya

This is awesome! Such rich color and detail :heart_eyes:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #388

Just completed one of these art summary memes for the first time, and filled another version for fun because there simply was so many to choose from. @lowlines asked me on Twitter how many pieces I actually finished this year, and depending on how you want to count them, it’s somewhere between 60 and 80 :sweat_smile: but below are some of my personal picks…

Thanks to everyone who’s enjoyed my work, it’s been a pleasure to work on and share new pieces. Thanks to Battleborn for providing this crazy amount of inspiration this year. I’ve gained a lot on this journey, and I’m very grateful for it :blush:

(lowlines - PS4) #389

I love the fact that you made an “ISIC version” without even being asked! :heart:

(Not-Toby) #390

Why is November a robotic hand? Always. Like, always. You know “always”?

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #391

…because I like the piece?

(Jennerit Supremacist) #392

That piece makes me think of ISIC pulling a Mortal Kombat and ripping a man’s still beating heart from his chest while laughing his cheery laugh inches away from his face.

It’s a good piece.

(Not-Toby) #393

And he’s keeping the man’s body in place with…?
Oh, yes, Mortal Kombat, no need for that :wink:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #394

WOW! This thread hit 10k views in just 10 months! That is incredible, thank you so much to everyone who stopped by and liked the works, or just hanged out, it means a lot to me :kissing_closed_eyes:

Let’s hope for another productive year. Best of luck to everybody on their endeavors.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #395

A status update: I updated the original post in this thread with some thoughts. This thread has been very active for nearly a year now and a while ago it occurred to me that it’s practically like a diary of sorts, making it a valuable way to look back on the journey I’ve had in the Battleborn community. That made me want to record something more in here, to remember this time better.

Battleborn’s been huge (subjective experience) and I’ve been tremendously lucky to be part of it and it’s community. I don’t ever want to forget what it was like :slight_smile: Sidenote: Gosh I’m excited about the prospect of a tattoo. This almost two years’ full of shenanigans in the realm of the Last Star if anything is worth getting memorized on the skin.

As for my own art, currently it’s still on hold as I’m encumbered by a lotta things. Got some pieces planned but that’s about it!

Now, the update in the OP is a bit solemn because things are moving on, and that’s a (sad) fact. Battleborn is twilighting, but I’m trying to take everything I can from this experience and use it in the future for other stuffs and things.

Still, I aim (and hope) to do BB art though, more than just doodles in my sketchbooks! there’s so many kisses to draw tho it’s unbelievable

Till next time, battlebuds.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #396

Thank you for all the awesome conversations, and your contribution to making the community awesome for so many of us, Beya; and your gift too, of course! :revolving_hearts:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #397

That’s too damn sweet, Cam thank you :two_hearts: I still wanna catch a game with you sometime!

When I talked about the “moving on” business on Twitter about two weeks ago, people were worried that I was leaving the BB community, and I want to clarify that it’s not what I mean at all. BB is leaving my person only with dynamite or equivalent, I’ve only been admiring the process and all by looking back, and I know repeat the same stuff a lot but what can you do when you’re just so overwhelmed by all the awesomeness that was offered; the characters, the gameplay, the community, the creativity, the creators, the developers, the friends, the good times! BB helped me to crawl out of my social recluse shell a lot more, and I’ve really enjoyed that time, and that’s something I’m not letting go of.

So art may be slow at the moment, but beya ain’t leavin’ Battleborn, and Battleborn ain’t leavin’ her. Because there’s something in there that’s callin’ her “my beya”. Love that blossomed in ways that I didn’t anticipate. Fictional AIs stealing my heart and all that. It’s wonderful, really. :two_hearts:

(What does it all mean!?) #398

Always enjoy seeing the “BeyaBorn” artwork!