Beya's Battleborn fanart corner (paintings, comics, etc.)

(Augustus Benedict) #439

I will have to wait a couple weeks, but I am interested if you are open then

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #440

I’ll be here!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #441

Hello people! Sorry that it has been so long, I’ve been busy around elsewhere, one of which was organizing the fourth community run Battleborn Day event (it’s right at our door step now!), including an art contest where I’m the head honcho – it’s still open till Sunday 6th midnight PDT, head over here if you want to take part!

So, hey!

Battleborn just turned TWO! :tada: In all honesty I wasn’t going to draw anything for the anniversary, in part because I didn’t think I could top last year’s, and in part because I felt running the event was enough, but well, it’s Battleborn for crying out loud – that magnificent game whose merits I can’t shut up about. So as it happened, already given up on doing a piece, four ****ing days before the second anniversary I get an idea that I want to draw. The guilt of NOT drawing anything for the game’s birthday celebration was too much and so I picked up a pencil and braced myself for a lot of work in a short time.

Last year the anniversary piece took me two weeks to complete, around 90-100 hours of work. Even if this new one looks similar, I’ve improved so much. I was able to do this piece in four days, maybe 30-40-ish hours of work. For that I did have to take some shortcuts, the most notable one being size. It doesn’t… really show on a screen, but the original size is just ~15 cm x 49 cm. (I’ve included a photo with a ruler on it as a reference below.)

It does look similar to last year’s, and that was one of the things holding me back on doing a piece – fear it would be too much alike. In the end, I really just wanted to do something for the sake of madly loving and appreciating this game, so I threw the concerns out of the window and decided to just have some fun.

This time the spotlight went to Miko. As much as I care for ISIC and would praise him at every turn possible, I gotta remember and respect the humble origins. Without Miko, I would have never picked up this game. I was captivated by their design and tried the beta just to get to know this character, despite having a crippling dislike to multiplayers and FPS’s. Miko was the change, the turn in line. Their appearance sowed the seed for something that I later realized was one of the best decisions in my life. A simple mushroom led to so many greater things.

So Miko is good and I love them very much. Being a healer they look after and nurture all the other Battleborn, the little saplings… Perhaps prepare them for the future.

Happy second anniversary Battleborn! My time with you has been nothing but a true joy, and I’m grateful to have met you, and through you, all the friends and incredible people around me. Through you I’ve grown and learned. You saw me through the good and the bad, but for the bad you gave me something remarkably special with which to fight it.

Thank you for giving me strength, love and joy, you delightful little digital wonder.

Click here for detail shots!

Click here for a photo with a size ref!

(Jennerit Supremacist) #442

Deande being cheeky as always. Don’t think I missed that nice little detail.

Damn fine work Beya. This is a great piece.

Pendles must have taken ages!:wink: Great work!

(Penguin connoisseur.) #444

I love all the tiny details, as well as Toby essentially drowning, haha. Awesome job, @beya!

(Deandes in crime ) #445

It’s six in the morning. My phone’s on 4%. Beya be uploading stuffs. I be hustling and busting to get to internet before phone dies. Like a man in a slow motion action sequence.

Beya, I gave you my phones life for this comment.

That is one kick ass shroom hard at work kicking ass. I rate 10.7 out of :banana:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #446

A Battleborn original character, factionless/unaligned old man dragon Gaius. Commissioned by his creator, @TLKasteron. What a super fun looking dude to draw!

I can do commissions of your Battleborn OCs among other things if interested, check out my commission info here!

(Jennerit Supremacist) #447

How much would it cost to get this image drawn:

(Kain Zilla) #448

Why would you need a drawn image of that? Just go outside on any given day and snap a photo across the street. Just be quick, else the camera will freeze over.

:canada:

(Jennerit Supremacist) #449

Because I live in North Dakota, which is a discount Canada that lacks timies.

(Kain Zilla) #450

I stand corrected.

Somebody get this person their drawing!

(Penguin connoisseur.) #451

We might be neighbors soon, eh? Bwuhahaha! Cam move to either Idaho, Montana or North Dakota in couple years!

Why Idaho? its boring here.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #453

Because it’s gorgeous, quiet, has the loosest gun laws, one of the lowest crime rates, is cheap to live in compared to many other states, etc. I’ve always hated Illinois and city/suburb life. You can’t hear yourself think, people treat each other like garbage, YOU SIT IN TRAFFIC FOR HOURS NEARLY EVERY DAMN DAY, AND-

Clears throat.

Sorry… Anyways, thems be my reasons…

fair enough

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #455

Please keep the thread on topic…

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #456

Art request by @CosmicAces, “Mellka flipping someone off”. Very satisfying to draw!

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #457

Hey friends, it’s been quiet over here but I’ve got something nice for you! You may have seen @Nema’s sweet art collaboration idea on the fan creations forums, and boy let me tell you how much I adore this idea – 30 artists and fans working to recreate an iconic Battleborn image, it’s absolutely brilliant and I’m stoked to be part of it. You need not guess which one I drew.

It uh. Took a long time because I haven’t done much digital art so I don’t know the best methods to streamline the process. Combine that with my stubborness to cram all of ISIC’s glorious detail into an art piece (eventhough like third of him will get covered OTL) and voila you’ve got a lot of pain. It came out great though, I’m very happy with the result! Sketch and lines were done traditionally and colors digitally.

Big thanks to @Nema for organizing this, can’t wait to see the final piece! :raised_hands::sparkling_heart:

Under the cut are a couple detail shots at 100% zoom.

Have some process shots.

Sketch

Lines

Flats done, bit of rendering

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #458

We were having some trouble tracking down some artists for the collaboration after what happened, and some of us started doing back-up pieces so that we could have the finished collab by August 4th which would have been Nema’s next birthday. Miko’s artist was hard to get a hold of so I began working on a back-up. They were found luckily, so I didn’t need to finish this. Here’s the lines though!

Rest easy, Nema. Thank you for sharing your light. We hope to make you proud with the collab.