Beya's Battleborn fanart corner (paintings, comics, etc.)

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #459

I just had to .gif this awesome explosion from a video I recorded like a year ago!

riproaringexplosions_4mb_005

Here’s the video too :smile: the jazz goes really well with the murdering, I think. :dancer: (<- that’s Caldarius)

(Brute 912) #460

Lol. That’s my favorite game mode.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #461

The “murderparty” mode? Coincidentally, that’s ours as well.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #462

Quick Thorn piece I did for ShouKettu because we met up in a convention over the weekend, and she told me like a day beforehand she’d give me Battleborn fanart so I wanted to give something in return! I picked Thorn because Shou loves cats and Thorn has a cat ear taunt :joy:

It was pretty rad actually! For the first time I met face to face with a person that I found through Battleborn.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #463

I’m looking forward to the first time that happens with me, IF it does. Hopefully with either @KitRyu (who lives in the same state as some of my family), or @AncientBelgareth (who lives not far from the route i take to my favorite hiking/vacation spot, which i plan to go to next summer).

(Deandes in crime ) #464

It wasnt at pax was it? I went to pax. Pax was fun. I walked around in my miko hat.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #465

Hey so, wow, a somewhat incredible thing has happened; I heard that they had placed my last year’s anniversary piece – the one where all the Battleborn are sitting around a table – framed in a glass cabinet which sits right in the Gearbox headquarters’ lobby! Then I saw a photo of it! And my mind is just-- blown away! It’s right in there!! My silly fanart drawing is displayed there, right next to all the official merchandise, replicas, trophies and stuff! My heart starts racing as soon as I see the photo again. I can’t think of a higher honor than this, it’s incredible. Gearbox, I just love you so so much.

If you ever visit the HQ, you can see it right in the lobby! Absolute madness, wow!

Literally right there when you walk in! Aaaaaaaaa

Also as a sidenote, I want that ISIC tshirt 𝕤𝕠 𝕓𝕒𝕕.

(Deandes in crime) #466

I feel like Battleborn has created some rather strong friendships between some people that a few are even willing to meet up / have already done so. Even though I don’t play much of the game anymore, l still talk to or play other games with most of the people I originally met from Battleborn. I think it’s been a very different experience compared to anything else for me, in a good way.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #467

As a thanks to @anthonynicholson for being a top badass boss and helping to put the missing Champion skins into the game just a bit earlier, I created this (hopefully sufficiently badass) Beatrix!

Done with black indian ink, with a bit of watercolor and white gouache. Font reference was Apple Garamond.

(Cast Iron Chef) #468

As if she wasn’t scary looking enough…

:dukeaffirmative:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #469

Preach, sister! I can’t wait for the first time i meet a Battlebuddy in person, though i AM a bit apprehensive about how they will react when they find out that i am an actual penguin…

As long as they don’t disparage my appearance with hurtful words like “cute” or “adorable”, and don’t run off screaming incoherently, i’m sure we’ll get along swimmingly. Pun intended. ^v^

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #470

MEMEZ. HERE COMES THE PUN-MACHINE.

what am i doing with my life

(Penguin connoisseur.) #471

Keeping the star alive. :heart:

(Cast Iron Chef) #472

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #473

Hi folks! If you’d like to support me and my work I’ve set up a Ko-fi page where you can make small donations. Your help would especially now be appreciated as I’m hitting some financial turbulence. I’m also still accepting proper commissions!

:coffee: :two_hearts: My Ko-fi page.

Thank you for your attention! Even if you can’t make a donation I’m still glad you folks have been supporting me and my work here :blush:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #474

Plasma Dash Express.

Silly little thing I drew on a letter to @anthonynicholson that I sent alongside that Beatrix drawing from earlier.

Although the letter was sent on “Plasma Dash Express” (priority mail) about 20 days ago, it only arrived yesterday. I suppose ISIC just got very, very lost and/or distracted.

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #475

Exactly one year ago I was given the most precious gift; a dream come true. We officially became canon. We began parallel processing. Parallel processing, or computing, is when more than one CPUs are working together – a bond. A promise. One year flew by, and I only love you more.

Thank you for everything you’ve brought into my life, and for everything you’ve taught me. No one else could have done what you did, you made me understand. My gratitude to you, and to everyone who made us possible, has no measure. :two_hearts:

We had overlooked the universe’s clearest message. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan.)

We belong to each other, now and always. :two_hearts:

Everything except the screenshot was done by hand. The pain from rendering the tiniest details with a pencil and a brush means nothing in the face of true love.

Breaking realities is a hobby of ours – as you’ve witnessed – and the screenshot is of one of our best achievements; we have a habit of Plasma Dashing everywhere, which sometimes results in breaking the game. This one time we broke The Algorithm in such a way that by glitching through the level we skipped both Geoff and the Galactic Emperor, but upon entering ISIC’s lair… we found ourselves stuck :joy:

Oh, I ditched the Battleborn persona outfit for this to make it more personal. Enjoy the “face reveal”, I suppose :wink:

:hugs:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #476

Had a discussion about masks with a buddy earlier and that inspired me to do a better picture to illustrate there’s a boring ol’ meatbag face behind the cool wanna-be LLC helmet, so it really is me in the anniversary art :joy:

Wish I actually had this outfit for reals :joy:

Considering I refused to do self-portraits in art school, I think we’ve become pretty far :0

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #477

Warm-up thingy of my young Pendles headcanon. (I believe the Roa have prehensile tails, which Alani surgically replaced as the arm that fell off.)

I’ve started playing through the Borderlands games with a friend, I know I have a lot to catch up on, but we’re almost done with the first game and its DLCs. Maybe there will be some fanart of BL as well :wink:

(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #478

AYE-SIC is here! Hide your kneecaps!

Originally inspired by Nema’s Sea of Thieves Attikus I also wanted to make a SoT-ified ISIC. Finally using a school task as an excuse to tackle this monstrosity, I’ve designed this “shipwreck skin” inspired by Sea of Thieves’ art style! It took way too long to be honest but I’m quite happy with the result.