Big Eridium Spend is Coming?

Well having played played the cartel for a while now . I’m sure you are all loaded with Eridium.
My characters all have 30,000+ each.

Do you think this is because Gearbox is planning something that we will need Eridium for in the next DLC of future event?

3 Likes

Hopefully

1 Like

Barely got any, but have barely been able to play the Cartel event, so.

Imagine an anointment re-roll system we could spend Eridium on. Oh man that would be good!

2 Likes

I do not want a re-roll , the same RNG that screwed me over will keep doing it.
I want recipes like the grinder. You want, for some insane reason, the “while sliding” you need to give 4 legendaries + eridium where 2 of the legendaries need to have the +15% speed boost, if I want the +100% SNTL Cryo I need to grind 4 legendaries + eridium where 2 are Cryo weapons

2 Likes

See your point. I was thinking more of a spam the button until you get the one you want for keeps.

That would be fine. But GB would need to add in alot more Eridium sources. Stockpiles will dry up fast.

Not re roll. You need to be able to change the anointment to whatever you need.

2 Likes

Hehe I think you are right. I am currently sitting on 30,000 per character thanks to the Cartel event so that would be a start.

Howza bout this… Every boss gets a pedestal outside their arena and you can pay a sum of Eridium to assure you get annointed and dedicated drops, while also resetting the boss so you don’t have to save and quit constantly. The ability to just add any annoint to any gun garunteed would remove the chase for good guns and that is against the borderlands way of things. One thing I could see is maybe a random annointment reroll for a sizable sum of the E so you don’t just snap the game in half with perfect guns every level cap increase. And the cost would scale the more you reroll that same piece of gear so you might have to go get another one if things don’t go your way. Grinding for good guns is the guts of the borderlands series and we don’t need this game becoming REROLL THE GAME!

2 Likes

Still think that the best recipe would be the target weapon/shield/grenade and the weapon/shield/grenade that has the anointment already
Latter gets destroyed and the target item gets the new anointment
Pair that with a reasonable eridium cost and we have a reason to farm it?

3 Likes

As long as you needed both pieces of gear to be the same type I think that could work as well. Slap a fee of like 3K eridium on top of that so you cant do it willy nilly and make it a real end game farm like the seraph crystals and Torgue tokens and their would be little to no abuse of it. Or maybe have the cost scale with the rarity? Im not sure the best way to go about it bur it would have to be costly at the very least.

What do you mean by type?
I think that gun, shield, grenade should be the obvious and only restriction there.
I mean, magic doesn’t care if a gun is a pistol or a rocket launcher and your bank also shouldn’t get too crowded for that stuff.
I think a fix price is ok if it’s high enough so that you only want to use it on BiS gear

1 Like

The reason I went as low as 3k per item is based on if you need an AR with an annoint and you want to put that annoint on say your Clairvoyance for example. If they were to make it more generalized though how about 4 to 5K Eridium to transfer any annoint onto anything of the same general type. So under that variant of the system you could transfer the annoint from the AR mentioned before to a Shotgun or anything else. That could work for me as well, but if the cost was any lower then it would be done on everything and break the need to farm for any substantial amount of time. One concern though is would the two items need to be the same level, because that could also function as a good balance to assure you need to atleast farm every cap increase for the same annoint on an on level gun.

yea same level for sure
and maybe, same rarity would be a thing too
but like, a higher cost to compensate a lower rarity of the anointed item would probably be pointless since nowadays there are more orange than green weapons dropping on the floor…

1 Like

Fair enough. This is one of the best ways ive seen to add ways to reduce RNG I agree with personally. Others want it to be dirt cheap and it would kill the life span of BL3 if it was implemented in a way that is allowed the skipping of weapon grinding pretty much all together. Borderlands is a game where you grind to grind to grind some more on the most difficult content and It should remain as such!

1 Like

yea
and complicated recipes would litter your bank in hours
i think that there are just too many layers of RNG and if you are able to forge 2 things together, manually, you are able to skip that RNG layer
but with making it expensive in eridium, you still have a farming aspect
more of a mmorpg farming aspect but that doesnt have to be bad

1 Like