Big News From Today’s Bordercast

Amen! I’ve been playing Destiny 2 lately, which is far from perfect. I hate how my weapons lose all their ammo when I swap them out, a problem from D1. But you know what? I’ve had zero hard crashes (console), I think 1 game crash (had to restart game) and a couple of glitches (not getting credit for a public event, getting booted from the Watchtower back to space, rubberbanding). But nothing compared to BL3 in terms of stability issues.

But the thing is, I WANT to be able to play and enjoy BL3 for hours without crashing. I love the franchise and want to love this game.

5 Likes

Trust me I know the feeling, been playing Cyberpunk and BL1 on my end. Yeah CP was rough out the gate and I did have a couple crashes to the main menu (never completely power off) but after the patch they released a few days after the game released I haven’t had any problems and have been enjoying myself immensly.

Like you I would love to go back and play BL3, especially split screen with the significant other, like we did with the other entries but at this point as you know split screen is nearly impossible and secondly I am not going to risk bricking my console for one game.

Not one game in my whole library (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, XboxOG, XBOX 360, XB1X) has completely powered off my console and crashed it consistently as BL3 has, and yes that even includes Bethesda games, haha. Even worse is getting a message back from 2k from the trouble ticket I put in telling me they reproduced it and forwarded it on to GBX and still nothing.

5 Likes

Yeah its been frusterating for awhile now. Especially the whole really not caring thing.

3 Likes

Something like that. Considering how they have handled this rollout I saved my money by not purchasing Season Pass 2 and I am sure I am not the only one.

On a side note that new game Outriders looks interesting for those of us that enjoy this type of game.

3 Likes

Other than game crashes and odd messages about graphics memory (I’m pretty sure there’s a mem-leak somewhere), my new Series X console has held up well.

I like the approach Outriders is taking with gear. Free demo comes out next week I think. Going to give that a try and see how it does. I’m not a huge fan of the 3rd person POV in shooters, but I enjoyed Gears of War enough to not let that deter me.

2 Likes

Good the new console is holding up for you. In the future I might get one but just not a priority at the moment in my house.

Funny you mention Gears, we have played through those and had a great time. Yeah its a little different in that aspect but if the gameplay is solid and performs I’m good with it. Wish there would be split screen but I appreciate them not doing it at all instead of implementing a half-@ssed untested version that we have with BL3.

2 Likes