Bird Hunt event is not fun at all

I read about this new event in the latest battleplans. To be honest, it sounded pretty bad on paper, but I decided to play the event yesterday.

It’s not fun at all. Locking all the characters except for 4 (Marquis, Benedict, Ernest, and Pendles) and turning unique characters off was a terrible idea. Also, Benedict counters 3 of the other characters in this event. How is this fun? It’s not. The only reason I played this event on ps4 is because I can barley find a match in the quick match and incursion playlist.
I’m sorry for this, but I don’t find this event good at all. And I thought chaos rumble was bad.

4 Likes

FTFY

You’re complaining about Benedict countering nearly everyone? Who? Marquis counters everyone but Ernest much better than Toby ever could

If you don’t enjoy it, play another mode. I happen to like having to play characters I normally wouldn’t

5 man Pendles vs 5 man Ernest is a common sight, lmao

Still not fun at all.

Marquis counters everyone? Pfft. After his second nerf he’s bad. He can barley do enough dmg to kill him.

I would play another mode, but rather not wait a hour to find one. :slight_smile:

Have you played as Pendles or Toby against him? Revealed and shield down and critted at every turn. And Benedict gets sniped as soon as his wings spread too

Pendles can’t do much against him. Toby is properly his only counter.

Really!?! Toby counters Marquis!?!

No. I meant Toby against Benedict.

I haven’t touched it. I view this mode as Gearbox’s way of gently encouraging me to take a break from Battleborn.

9 Likes

I meant Toby counters Bendict, which is his only counter. Marquis does not counter Benedict. If they didn’t reduce his sniper dmg, he would do well against Benedict. Ever since they nerf him the 2nd time, he doesn’t do well in this meta.

Or encourge me not to play any of their events until they make one that doesn’t have hero stacking.

for what it’s worth I kinda liked it. played some characters I haven’t played in months.

2 Likes

Benedict potential dmg lvl1 is 977-1188 (attack speed)
With a white attack power 1064-1294(att speed)

Marquis max hp/shield 1196
Ernest:1499
Toby: 1688
Benedict:1283

• Pendles:1220

You wanna know whats the real isseu? Lvl up!! Everyone gets around 4% dmg boost while they only get 65hp x lvl

1 Like

The isseu is not héroe stacking is benedict murdering everyone or leaving them with 10% or less hp using a single skill

Pendles team would single out one ernest and kill him

Depends on the skill levels of each player. I’ve been on the winning and losing side of each comp.

Both at their highest skill then pendles I think the early game would be by pendles team killing the ernest one by one and taking shards destroying buildables, it would be very hard for ernest

1 Like

Oh… Great… Eagle…
I just realized there can be 5 Toby players… vs… 5 Toby players…

THAT’S TOO MUCH TOBY DAMMIT!!! I CAN’T… I CAN’T… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

On the other hand, there can be 5 Benedicts… vs… 5 Benedicts…
IT’S TOO SEXY DAMMIT!!! IT’S JUST TOO SEXY!!!
For my shirt…

Begins stripping…

8 Likes

“Vould you please put on a shirt?!” - Marquis.

6 Likes