BL:TPS Hot Fixes Rolling Out (Updated 1/25/2016)

A series of hot fixes for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel are now rolling out. Information on exactly what a hot fix is, as well as what they address, can be found below.

[quote]A hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel boots up.

An update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.[/quote]

Hot Fixes

(PC / Mac / Linux, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

[quote]January 25, 2016 Hot Fixes

-The sights on Dahl, Maliwan, and Torgue pistols with scopes will now align correctly.

• Increased DoT chance and DoT damage for the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” shield.
  • Previous SHiFT-code only weapons (such as The Machine, Ol’ Painful, the Jack O’Cannon, and Boomacorn) now have a very rare chance of dropping in-game.
  • The ‘Tread Carefully’ challenge has been disabled so that it no longer causes issues with players’ challenge lists.
  • The weapon “Wet Week” now has a chance to drop from Swagman/Outcast.
    [/quote]

[quote]December 22, 2015 Hot Fixes

• Players should no longer get stuck on the “File Search” mission during the “Go to Memory Bank 2” and “Reopen Data Stream” objectives.
  • Odjurymir is back until January 4! Look for Odjurymir in Serenity’s Waste for your chance to snag an Ol’ Painful assault rifle.[/quote]

[quote]December 3, 2015 Hot Fixes

• Boomer is now runnable again (will respawn when a player exits and re-enters the map).[/quote]

[quote]November 9, 2015 Hot Fixes

• Athena’s “Clear!” skill will no longer cause the game to crash when used on a player who is in a vehicle. This required disabling the ability for a thrown Aspis to target a downed player over an enemy. To compensate for the targeting change, the effective radius of Clear! has been significantly increased. [/quote]

[quote]July 29, 2015 Hot Fixes

• The player will no longer get stuck after traveling to the Lunar Launching Station from the Eye of Helios.
  • The Lunar Launching Station now appears in the Fast Travel list as soon as the user activates the Fast Travel station during the ‘Watch Your Step’ mission.
  • [Claptastic Voyage] Players will no longer get stuck when saving and quitting before uploading the H-Source during the mission “System Shutdown” in Deck 13 ½.[/quote]

[quote]December 2, 2014 Hot Fixes

– Addressed an issue where some types of ice damage were being incorrectly resisted.
– Kraggon kills will now contribute the correct amount towards the “Big Game Hunt” challenge.
– Iwajira’s is now less likely to drop legendary loot.
– “Did you see that?!” – Limited the number of critical hit dialogue call-outs.
– The Rosie’s continuous damage bonus has been reduced.
– Miss Moxxi’s Probe’s lifesteal bonus and critical modifiers have been reduced.
[/quote]

[quote]November 18, 2014 Hot Fixes

– Claptrap will now receive the proper subroutine damage bonuses from his ‘Tripleclocked’ skill.
– Claptrap will no longer lose the bonuses applied from the ‘Wax Off, Wax On’ and ‘Organized Guns are Happy Guns’ skills after exiting a vehicle.
[/quote]

[quote]November 11, 2014 Hot Fixes

– Celestial Lawbringer Class Mod now provides the correct damage bonus to “Quickshot”.
– 3DD1.E Oz Kit and Prismatic Bulwark Shield now provide the correct damage bonus to laser weapons.
– Rebalanced the Big Thumprr and Shooting Star legendary shields.
– Tork Dredgers will no longer be as generous when handing out Bonus Packages.
– Players will no longer become stuck on the “Get a Stingray” objective during the “Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion” mission.
– Badass Digijack’s special attack now correctly seek out enemies.
– Certain Dahl sound effects will no longer loop.[/quote]

[quote]October 30, 2014 Hot Fixes

– Elpis is now celebrating the Bloody Harvest through November 2nd!
[/quote]

For more on hot fixes and updates, please visit the respective Knowledge Base article for your platform: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3.

4 Likes

…And what if we, by way of a for instance, had bought the Bank/Backpack upgrades, and had enough items stored that the extra slots were filled?

Then your backpack will most likely show something like 39/33, because for example quest rewards or BAR challenge rewards will also still be added to your backpack, even if it exceeds the max backpack size. Once you throw away something, however, you won’t be able to pick it back up.

1 Like

@Jeffybug … Thank you :thumbsup:

We will have more information once the update is ready, but early signs point to your backpack items will be restored, but bank items may be lost.

Alright. Well, I guess I’m glad I was only using the extra space to stockpile white guns for “To Arms!”

New hot fixes will be rolling out this afternoon:

[quote]December 22, 2014 Hot Fixes

All Platforms
– Adjusted Digi-Jacks to receive correct bonus from Maylay Shields as they were being erroneously applied to all attacks
– The effective range of the ‘Blaster’ and ‘Spitter’ type laser guns has been increased.
– Players can now discover the ‘Cult of the Vault’ symbol in Titan Robot Production Plant.
– The Hellfire, Magma, and Hail splash damage DoT status effects will now tick for the correct amount of damage.
– Fixed an issue where the “Building a Robot Army” mission could fail to advance at the “Destroy Powersuits” objective.

Xbox 360
– Chronicler of Elpis Class Mod shield capacity increase will now display the appropriate boost.
– The Holodome overchargable jump pad will now be able to be overcharged if the player shoots the overcharger before activating the optional jump pads.
– Guardian Pondor’s bodies will now animate properly when being slammed in The Holodome.
[/quote]

2 Likes

LOL thanks for that “Powersuit fix”. It happened to me, It wasn’t fun saving and quitting and going back there.
Also, new forums looks great! :cool:

1 Like

New hot fixes are rolling out today:

[quote]January 13, 2015 Hot Fixes

– Jack’s “Winning” skill will now provide the appropriate amount of shield restore when increased by a class mod.
– The Doppelganger’s Projection class mod will now provide the correct gun damage bonus.
– The Doppelganger will now get the appropriate amount of free grenades while airborne with a Bomber Oz kit equipped.
– Increased Iwajira’s legendary drop rate.
– Athena’s “Epicenter” skill will no longer throw certain boss enemies around.[/quote]

2 Likes

Yay! Welp, I know what I’m doing tonight. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks again to Gearbox/2K Aus for continuing to improve the game! We may not always agree with what you do, but the fact that you continue to work on it shows us you care about the quality of what you create.

Great, nice to see some Iwajira buff :slight_smile:
Any news about fixing Nisha’s hand dissapearing?

New hot fixes are now rolling out!

[quote]January 21, 2015 Hot Fixes

– The geyser will now fire automatically when Iwajira is killed.
– Jack’s Indistinguishable Projection class mod description now correctly indicates that the damage bonus only applies to Hyperion guns.
– Added the Hail assault rifle to Iwajira’s loot pool.[/quote]

All Hail the Hail!

Did they just add the hail or was the hail already inside the game?

Just got a Hail, came here to see why. Loved this gun in BL2, really glad they are doing things like this. Keep it up guys!

Cool to see the Hail added to his loot pool. It gives me hope that more will be added down the road.

1 Like

The former. Funny, because there was at least one other forum member talking about wishing it was in TPS, and now their wish has come true. :smile:

New hot fixes are rolling out now!

[quote]February 17, 2015 Hot Fixes

– Clients playing as the Doppelganger will now get the correct amount of cool-down for “Expendable Assets” refunded when recalling the Digi-Jacks.
– Addressed certain “Cult of the Vault” symbols not displaying properly for clients.[/quote]

Anybody getting the infinitely respawning midgets in the redbelly campaign fight because every time I go through the campaign this happens if I kill belly before I kill Red (I’m posting this here because I kinda want alert someone from GBX on this as I don’t know how to issue a support ticket and I wanna see if anyone else has gotten this glitch)