BL weapons in Fallout 4

(← this is not my name) #61

Nope, the mod isn’t dead. Real life just has this awful way of directing things sometimes.

I figure these combat rifles have been sitting around for about a year and they should be finished…

(← this is not my name) #62

I made a chart with a standard combat rifle showing material variations, inspired by this:

Zoom for full rez

(← this is not my name) #63

Hyperion material 2 looks pretty good on the combat rifle 4 variant

(← this is not my name) #64

Borderlands’s proportions are way too large for this game’s 1st person

Or these might have been made too large, I don’t know

(← this is not my name) #65

someone ID these parts, should be pretty easy

(band) #66

stock1, AR body, barrel4, and I think that might be the Tediore grip. Quite the solid combat rifle there.

Did you manage to tweak the 1st person model so it doesn’t seem so in-your-face?

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #67

I’d noticed that the guns in BL1 and BL2 are over-sized compared to real life. Some of the ARs are monstrous, and a sniper with a melee attachment is long enough to be a pike.

(← this is not my name) #68

Yup. So I’ve finally got these all prepped more or less for visuals

Hope to have a new release soon…

V. 1.2 with combat rifles is out. If anyone plays Fallout 4 on PC can get it here, will have an xbox release soon:

(← this is not my name) #69

Made an updated xbox version but I don’t have an xbox, so I can’t very well test it:

But I’ll try and attend any major issues for the time being.

Fallout Discussion
(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #70

Is there a minimum level a character has to be to access these? I don’t mind firing up a new one with mods enabled to give this a whirl.

(← this is not my name) #71

Guns start dropping at around lvl 5… I think? maybe lower, i need to review the leveled lists again. It’s pretty low. And they’re in merchant lists before then.

It’d be great if you wanted to test! I have nobody doing this, really. Just uploading xbox versions blind :slight_smile:

There was some issue with textures apparently, I just re-uploaded, hope it’s fixed.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #72

Ran a character up to level 7 and then loaded in your mod. A couple of drops so far - the below and a shock version:

The shock and corrosive effects seem to fire off just fine. Haven’t found anything else that’s a BL1 weapon yet, but I’ve mostly been knocking off ferals and critters, who don’t tend to carry weapons :stuck_out_tongue:

(← this is not my name) #73

So awesome! That’s a pretty good Tech Level… the way I’ve worked it is it’s directly reflected in the amount of energy damage on the card. Only the proc rate is hidden, but still influences naming convention so that gun still only procs at x1, hehe!

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #74

Also had this drop:

One thing I noticed with the above and the shock TK repeater is that the status effects stay in a fixed location. If I set a target on fire with, say, a Molotov, they then run around on fire for a bit. With the Flaming Revolver, the fireball stayed put when the target moved.

I haven’t had any other BL1 weapons drop since then. Do I need to re-inject the database whenever I restart a session, or should it be persistent between sessions provided the mod is still loaded at start up and it’s the same character?

(← this is not my name) #75

Its persistent between sessions. The drops are just about 50% likely I think. At least it should be persistent, itd be something to look at if you have an amazingly long dry spell. The quality of drops also depends on comparing player level to enemy level…

Guns that proc at their highest level (x4) create whats called a ‘hazard’ in the game engine which is like a sitting status effect, anything close to it gets affected. The actual status effects get applied to targets visually through skin effect shaders and continuing damage but you are right, the large proc effects explode and stay in one place. It’s just how it looks, basically - so i could shorten the visual effect to match how long the thing actually lasts.

Glad for the feedback! I love seeing what other people get to drop… The revolver in thst pic looks reasonably balanced for a lowish level (i think).

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #76

Is that just from world drop sources (lockers, bags, etc.)? Or is there a chance from human enemies as well? I’m guessing I’m probably not going to find too many on synths, since they only carry Institute weapons? I’ve honestly not looked into the Fallout loot system, so this is all new to me.

The reload time killed me - literally - but otherwise it did decent enough damage. I compensated a little with some Psychojet…

(← this is not my name) #77

By drops i meant with enabling lootsplosions… Which i realize you may not have.

So the guns are added to other merchant and loot lists in the same category as other ballistic weapons - theres some leveling restriction involved. Mod parts you can find in containers and such.

Reload times were a big headache to deal with going just off of Borderlands stat modifiers. There were so many combinations that resulted in 0 reload speed in Fallout 4 so i had to adjust them. Only now the worst possible combination of parts for reload speed just gets very close to 0 instead.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #78

Hit level 12 last night and almost got to level 13, but I still haven’t seen another BL1 weapon. The mod is definitely running, because I’m seeing ammunition in vendors and containers, and I saw a BL1 weapon loading screen. The elemental TKs I do have are going great guns (heh!) though.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #79

Got a little time in tonight, and Trashcan Carla had the goods - two ARs! I wonder if this is what those posters on the Bethesda.net page meant about pink weapons, or whether they were seeing the model without the finish texture at all?

What was the last game you played?
(← this is not my name) #80

Heh, maybe. Its a bright pepto bismol color which is the default for missing texture paths.

The combat rifles i tried to balance with damage so they arent game-breaking. The 3 round burst effectively triples the damage output on the card… Let me know if you think its too much :slight_smile: