I am going to try this until I die IRL or complete it. Here’s what has killed me so far.
- PT1 roasted by Moe and Marley (got cocky and tried to fight them pre-safehouse)
- PT1 blown up by grenade midget psycho in Sledge’s Safehouse.
- PT1 Run over by bandits in Dahl Headland
- PT1 Mad Mel, tried to fight in a vehicle, got blown up and flattened.
- PT1 Mad Mel again, tried to fight on foot but got run over.
- PT1 Jakobs fuel tank explosion in Jaynistown. Cleared the whole thing then blew myself up.
- PT1 Rakk in Arid Badlands…seriously? Come on, dude.
- PT1 Destroyer (stupid purple spikes). I was pissed about this one.
- PT1 Circle of Slaughter Fire Skag. Don’t do this underleveled.
- PT2 Run over by bandits in Dahl Headland. Crap! Longest run so far.
- PT1 Ran off the edge in the Descent. Damn it all! I hate this game.
- PT1 Mothrakk - killed her then delayed fireballs got me. Pay attention stupid!
- PT1 Grenade psycho in Arid Hills. Keep at least one accurate weapon equipped for FFYL.
- PT1 Grenade midget psycho in the Arid Badlands house basement. Careless and way underleveled.
- PT1 Badass raider by the Arid Badlands house with the basement. Careless and way underleveled. What am I thinking?
- PT1 Blown up by an ammo dump during Marcus missions, with full health and shields but no enemies.
- PT1 Grenaded (I think?) in Old Haven after clearing out an area.
I think I’ve decided what to do next. I’ve been playing a bit of Minecraft the past few months, and I find hardcore mode (one death and it’s over) frustratingly addictive. It takes a game where everything is cheap/replaceable (like BL1) and turns it into something where every single move is critical and each one must be carefully planned. I think after I finish the repeaters playthrough, I’ll give this a shot.
Any bets on how far I’ll get? I think I’ll probably survive just long enough to get run over in the Dahl Headlands.
I’m thinking I’ll play as Lilith, to give myself the best (?) shot at it. I see lots of chest/vendor farming and intentional over-leveling in my future. I think with enough of those two things it is certainly possible, but all it takes is one unnoticed grenade to ruin everything…