BL1 - hardcore playthrough?

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #21

Made it through Mad Mel, so easy going for a while. I’m about to enter Earl’s Scrapyard…

This thing sucks! I think it’s the first hellfire I’ve found on any one-life playthrough, and it would be hard to get a worse one…the recoil is crap-tastic.

Mad Mel Killer this time around…I LOVE the vector accessory!

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #22

Just in time for Old Haven…no problems so far!

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #23

Died in Old Haven. I think it must have been a souped-up grenade? Full health, nearly full shields, one explosion and I was down with nothing around. This is the kind of death I always thought would dominate these playthroughs, but it’s the first time that it has actually happened.

I think I’ll take a break for a while…

(band) #24

Maybe one of those awful gas containers caught a stray bullet?

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #25

No, everything was dead for a second or two. Must have been a grenade!

(odiscordia) #26

The progression of this post reminds me of tk bahas logs that you hear in the mission to get the ladyfist in bl2 haha. Welp, I died in old haven! I’m sure everything will be OK

(Bryanswpaulsen) #27

There is a reasonable chance it was a Vladof Proximity Mine. They hang around long after enemies are dead, and I had a situation where it downed a level 69 Blast Master Brick at full health and shield during a Crimson Fastness farming run. It was definitely the most annoying way I ever lost a no death character.

Ever since that time I stay aware of the ground around me after enemies are killed off.

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #28

Can’t stop won’t stop…help me

Bought from Lucky’s, guess I have to get to level 25 before Mad Mel this time…not a great gun but it did the job.