BL1 on PS4/XB1? Randy says [s]maybe[/s] CONFIRMED!

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #1

Just saw this today…

I’ll believe it when I see it, and keep playing it on PC for now.

Makes me think: is there a thread/list/anything anywhere on the old forums that lists all the stuff that is broken? Maybe we should make one…

3 Likes

(Watcher on the wall) #2

He said this at PAX recently. So it’s not really new to many of us here.

BUT. The fact he’s still being asked about it and giving the same answer makes me hopeful. Thanks for posting.

4 Likes

(Berserker) #3

Same here. That glitter of hope still shines with every response he gives.

1 Like

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #4

Well now I feel silly! Somehow missed that.

Anyway, maybe I’ll start putting together a list of stuff that should be fixed…might be a handy reference for them later!

0 Likes

(Shure) #5

For me the main issue is scaling before 2.5, particularly on 2nd Playthrough. If they could make it so enemies always spawn within one or two levels of your character that would be sweet. I did the Jakobs Cove and Claptrap DLCs right after I finished Playthrough 1 just so I could get the extra SDUs, but it was ridiculously easy and when I started Playthrough 2 on the main game I was somewhat overpowered until I reached New Haven.

Linked to that is the mission rewards from quests. BL2 got it right in that they scaled to the level you were when you received the quest. But since I save the side quests on second Playthrough for when I start 2.5, items like e.g. the Blister are worthless to me.

Auto-collection of money and ammo, like in BL2, would also be good

Finally, if they could borrow a feature from BL2 where you could reset all the missions that would be gravy. Starting a new game at Level 69 would be awesome!

Other than that the game is pretty much perfect. The weapons and drop rates in particular are much, much better than BL2 and I find myself playing BL1 much more than the sequel. It’s just a lot more fun.

0 Likes

(Henry Myth) #6

I would love to see it but would transferable saves be possible for BL1?

0 Likes

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #7

How are they different to Bl2/TPS saves?

Bl1 is one save files I would seriously be upset of I couldn’t transfer them. I’ve put too much effort into farming to start over.

And rare guns in Bl1 are actually super rare, I have several Pearls with good parts and unlike Bl2/TPS you can’t choose to go straight for a specific gun from a boss drop.

0 Likes

(Otto Nl) #8

About the save files…
Willowtree might work if it’s not made possible by Gearbox.

1 Like

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #9

Firstly we arnt really meant to talk about that, especially regarding consoles.

And secondly, I don’t think it would even work. It’s not designed for Ps4/Xbone, so how would you convert the file?

0 Likes

(Otto Nl) #10

Oh is that against the rules? Sorry about that

And… I’m sure that software that I won’t mention again will be updated soon enough to work with current gen consoles.

0 Likes

(Angry Crux Guy) #11

That and Gibbed isn’t allowed here however usually only repeat offenders get punished for mentioning, or more specifically, endorsing it. Only exception that I can think of is strictly for the PC version of Borderlands (1) and only if it’s in regards to custom DLC like TDW custom weapons/items. Even then, it’s best to err on the side of caution and get the equivalent of a verbal “It’s fine, this time…” from either a Mod or Admin/GBX employee

0 Likes

(TacoBiscuit986) #12

ADD BL1 TO PS4 AND XBOX ONE!!! I’M THE CONDUCTOR OF THE POOP TRAIN!!! -Krieg!

0 Likes

( The Dogs Bollocks) #13

Yo Randy bro is this a thing yet.

1 Like

( The Dogs Bollocks) #14

I think you should be able to like a like, maybe that’s a thing for the like thread.

1 Like

(Watcher on the wall) #15

I am getting anxious for some kind of word. Wish I had a Twitter so i could ask/bug him if a Borderlands 1 remaster seems more likely now that the sales of THC is generally known.

2 Likes

( The Dogs Bollocks) #16

You’d of thought he’d pop in here from time to time I mean after all this is where it all started.

2 Likes

(Berserker) #17

Me too Kitty, me too.

1 Like

(Watcher on the wall) #18

I’ve always admired that Randy is so interactive with fans on twitter. Makes me wish he’d spend some time talking to us here as well. He was a rare site on the OG boards. Here, I don’t think he has even made an account.

We matter too, Randy! Come here so I can swoon over your snazzy button-downs, please!

Didnt say that out loud? I mean ask you about Borderlands 1 and it’s future…Yea…That…

4 Likes

(Nagdabbitall) #19

Don’t bother with the next gen unless they can add a reset for the last playthrough.

0 Likes

( The Dogs Bollocks) #20

I don’t think this is going to happen now what with the backwards compatibility thing Microsoft is bringing out for the one although if ps4 complain enough it could happen I suppose.

0 Likes