BL2 and BL:TPS Legendary Drop Rate Increases! (4/9 - 5/13)

(Jeffybug) #1

[quote=Jeffybug 5/14]The last legendary drop rate hot fix has been removed – thanks to everyone who has participated and shared feedback over the past five weeks! We hope you enjoyed the extra loot.

As for next steps, our research team will begin to analyze all of the data that we received and work on a plan for next steps. We’ll follow up once the analysis has concluded![/quote]

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to last weekend’s legendary drop rate bonus, the team is going to be doing some more tinkering with legendary drop rates over the next few weeks!

Each week (based on the schedule below) we’ll be testing out a different percentage increase to the drop rate of legendaries across the board in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita (BL2 Only), Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

We’re not going to disclose exactly how much the drop rate has increased week to week, but want to assure you that the adjustments will never sink below the default rate!

Adjustments will be made through hot fixes that will be set live on Thursdays on the following schedule:

• Week One: April 9 through April 15
  • Week Two: April 16 through April 22
  • Week Three: April 23 through April 29
  • Week Four: April 30 through May 6
  • Week Five: May 7 through May 13

We’re looking for your feedback each week, please share thoughts and experience with us through the weekly surveys below and the rest of the community here! Surveys will open on Mondays and end on Wednesdays!

• Week One Survey Closed
  • Week Two Survey Closed
  • Week Three Survey Closed
  • Week Four Survey Closed
  • Week Five Survey Closed
36 Likes

UPDATED: Legendary Drop Rate Increase!
Color Coded - Grinder Recipes [Guide]
More Drop Rate Tweaks Coming
Item Finds of the Day BL2
Increased Legendary Drop Rate Month Experiences
UPDATED: Increased Legendary Drop Rates!
Legendary Droprates Boost - What Did I Just Reaf?
Vault Hunting 101: A Guide to RNG and LOOT!
(Jeffybug) #2

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

2 Likes

(Jeffybug) #3

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

0 Likes

(Jeffybug) pinned #4
0 Likes

(oPROFESSIONALo) #5

This weekend was great, I really didn’t farm to many different enemies. But Savage Lee was great. Tubbies have been strange, been getting class mods but not for the toon I’m playing as. Also been getting nice world drops, which is always great.

0 Likes

(parallaxsnake) #6

NEXT UPDATE BL2 TPS in XBOX ONE to fix the SCREEN TEARING, FREEZES… etc?

Thanks

6 Likes

(Showgunx0) #7

Can’t wait for this… Been having a ton of problems with the drop… Hopefully this will fix that and keep me playing

0 Likes

(Zamb92) #8

Goddamit, I have stuff to do :smiley:
For real though, this is awesome

0 Likes

(Htmensch77) #9

This is great. Thank you!

Does “on PC” also mean on Mac? Or maybe I don’t want to know, since it’s all RNG anyway.

0 Likes

(Duk3ed) #10

Sweeeeet

0 Likes

Just in time for #TheHunt4!

Oh wait… Maybe not

3 Likes

(as a mistake) #12

YES! MR. TORGUE APPROVES THIS SH*T!

I just hope they’re a little bit higher than the increase we got this past weekend. That one didn’t do much for me. Should we post our feedback on this thread?

0 Likes

(Jeffybug) #13

That’d be great! We’re also looking to get a survey out to folks as well sometime during this experiment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(Djm11112000) #14

Finally got the sham from the bunker today… Ty…!!

4 Likes

(Prissyb-tch) #15

Most excellent news! The stories are great and the battles are fun, but in the end…I’m here for the LOOT!
Thanks, GBX!

0 Likes

(Super Badass Constructor ) #16

The best way I can think of for testing this… BNK-3R, because he is such a SHAM HOG!

1 Like

(Below 9000) #17

Found two legendaries in chests last night, one after another! 36 Conference Call and a 36 Thunderball Fists.

0 Likes

(Djm11112000) #18

Beat hyperiua 25x trying to get the norfleet and ended up with a big fat. ZERO legendRy … =(

0 Likes

(Elric_Francis92) #19

I really like the game! Thanks for looking into the drop rate =) I also heard you fixed the loot dropping from the last boss so it always lands on land (or nearly so) thank you) Now if more than just shields and grenades drop from chests and bosses.

0 Likes

(Berserker) #20

Awesome stuff.

0 Likes