BL2 and BL:TPS Legendary Drop Rate Increases! (4/9 - 5/13)

(Ebc1973) #1248

Thunderball Fists were tolerable to farm with Sparky. Cap however, is spot on!

(goatsnatcher1) #1249

I hope rates do change for the better soon. I’m currently on Witcher 3 but it be great if they’d of put drop rates back up for when I’m finished with the Witcher.

(Hazlett34) #1250

Same here mate same here

(Jeffybug) #1251

Update here!

Unpinning this thread :slight_smile:

6 Likes
(Jeffybug) unpinned #1252
(Rush86) #1253

Wow this is really awesome. Thank you so much gearbox for increasing the drop rates.

(Shure) #1254

great news. Out of interest, which week does that most closely relate to? Can you say?

(Jeffybug) #1255

From what I’m hearing it was the closest to weeks one and five. We feel like it’s the sweet spot now where legendaries should be accessible, but not lose that “!!!” factor when they drop.

1 Like
(Shure) #1256

Good to know! Thanks for the quick reply :thumbsup:

This is probably the best thing that could happen to the franchise! Great news! :smile:

(Psmales) #1258

what does 3x mean in English please

It means the drop rates are increased 3 times as much as the original drop rate.

(Psmales) #1261

same here I would like to know my self

(as a mistake) #1262

Something close to week five is perfect! Thanks for listening, Gearbox! Luckily for me, I have the day off work tomorrow, so I can do some farming and test it out myself. Perfect timing! :smile:

Well, considering the default drop chance for specific farmable enemies was roughly 1/30, I’d say this new drop rate could be somewhere around 1/10, which is pretty close to what I always thought would be the perfect chance for legendary drops in the game. I don’t have the data or the math skills necessary to give you a more precise answer, unfortunately.

1 Like
(Berserker) #1263

This is great news. Awesome stuff Gearbox.

(How much time do we have?) #1264

Any word on if this is just for bosses or across the board? Also, will it affect the probability of a Chubby, Tubby, or LLM spawning?

1 Like
(Scuzzo) #1265

still a bit too low mho… i guess i just dont have the ethics of a good farmer… 10 goes at the VOW and only some corrosive shield… perhaps week 3 just was too good… perhaps the loot gods are just not in my favor? dunno.

(How much time do we have?) #1266

I’m guessing you mean the Impaler, which I’ve always liked (at least in NVHM/TVHM - don’t think I’ve ever had one in UVHM).

And 10 tries for 1 legendary is pretty good. Between the end of the drop rate experiment and this past weekend, I did over 30 Warrior runs for Eridium without so much as an e-tech, never mind a legendary.

(Jeffybug) #1267

This applies to both boss drops and regular world drops. No changes have been made to spawn rates!

6 Likes
WEP Post Drop Increase?
(B Tweez) #1268

Does this also count for other uniques like the Cobra?