BL2 Dad final hoorah ahead of BL3

Have to say, as a much older player and working father, I can’t think of a game I have ever played that’s been more fun than the Borderlands series. As a very casual player I have had immense joy building up my Axton and see that bright orange glow of an earned legendary… never gets old. I finally regained a lot of lost gear at OP8 due to the new leveling and between a little farming it wasn’t to bad getting back my DPUH, Bee, infinities, Lyuda’s etc… Uranus Bot is a Godsend. Surprisingly , even though SandHawks are lvl80 they still do a good job at OP8 with the Bee and associated elemental relic. I don’t have much to trade but am only missing the SandHawks at OP8 which I realize will be impossible to farm at this point. Can anyone assist with these with the flying prefix? Thanks in advance !

2 Likes

I’m guessing you mean OP10 and not OP8 as OP10 is now max level?

2 Likes

Actually OP8. That’s where I am now. I’m certain I’ll need the SandHawks to run Digi in order to get to OP10. Once there I can officially retire BL2 :blush:

2 Likes

depends how strong you are at the game and with your character/build…You can use a L80 sandhawk if you have an on-level Bee, the Bee is doing most of the work…On level Bees can be gotten relatively quickly from HH if you have that open or Treeants in The Forest level of the Tina DLC (there’s one or two that spawn right in the first area)…if you’re on PS4 you can join the community that Sun_Tsunami setup and ask for someone to run it with you…If you have on level DPUH’s and Lyuda’s those can also supplement the sandhawk in some areas…someone in the community might have a mid- OP level sandhawk (something in the OP 5-8 range that they grabbed for peak run as well) to drop you as well

2 Likes

Thanks… once I hit OP8 again I replaced almost all of my lvl 80 gear with OP8… Bee, Lyuda’s, DPUH, verucs, infinities etc… kept my Sheriffs Badge lvl 80 as the damage factor isn’t really different compared to an OP8. Replaced most elemental/ cooldown relics as well. I’m pretty much set with the exception of the SandHawks.

3 Likes

I just finished running the Digistruct Peak using level 80 (the old OP8 gear) Pimpernels and Lady Fists. Like @ChemicalConundrum said, once I had an OP8 Bee, that old gear worked fine running thru the new OP8 thru OP10 Digistruct Peak. You might want to try your L80 Sandhawks and see if they will work for you with an on-level Bee. Then you can reset UVHM and farm your OP10 Sandhawks (or retire the game).

2 Likes

I may give Digi a go. Given that I’ve got only two OP levels before 10 I thought it would be fun to run through without any tricks, just slug through as a farewell, so to speak. My lvl 80 Sandhawk rips through Uranus bot fairly easily so I assume( might be wrong to ) that perhaps the damage level is sufficient to run Digi as you guys suggested. That said I have no doubt the damage level on an OP8 vs lvl80 SH must be ridiculous. Can’t speak for anyone else but having gear not level with my toon is aggravating :blush:

2 Likes

The damage level is definitely sufficient, but the peak is always hard so it’ll be a challenge regardless, even with on level gear…You need something for buzzards, but that on level Lyuda should work as long as it’s not fire element, you can also relatively quickly farm a Hornet for that task or just use an underleveled corrosive pimpernel with the Bee. A lady fist might make it a little easier with the swap from the sandhawk on anything with a crit spot (everything but Saturn, so it might help against Durkino’s mom when she does that roar). In most areas, you can fight slowly and cautiously from the doorways, but that doesn’t help against the Doc’s, the Assasin’s or Durkino’s mom (and not really the Saturn’s either since you’ll run out of ammo if you get forced further back from the ammo spawn point). I would recommend a non-fire Pimpernel as well, as again, your on-level Bee will do most of the work. If you need a decent launcher, you can get a Badaboom from King Mong or Topneaa’s from the Snowman chest in a relatively short amount of farming time.

1 Like

Thanks CC… funny you mentioned the Hornet. In light of the fact that my SH’s are lvl 80 the Hornet was my first farm at OP8 and I landed a good version. Also just landed a Binary Thunderball Fist and a shock damage/ cooldown relic which I enjoy using. My lvl 80 Magic Missile has been a huge help as well for slag. I was able to farm a standard infinity and fire but really wanted a corrosive as well for Digi but the shock and corrosive just didn’t want to drop. Farming becomes difficult due to my job requirements and family so I do what I can when I can.

2 Likes

Now that the Fight for Sanctuary is out, the best place for Topneaas is the secret in Writhing Deep. You can get to it without seeing any enemies and it is guaranteed to have one or more purple or better rocket launchers in it. It’s much faster than killing the Snowman. It might even have a Badaboom, but you will probably get many Topneaas before you get any of the Legendary rocket launchers.

1 Like

Thanks. I just got an OP8 Badaboom from Uranus Bot. It seems I’m in good shape with the exception of the SandHawks I desire at OP8. My though process was that the OP8 SH would be more than enough to get though Digi OP10.

1 Like