BL3 idea: modifying guns

I’m probably not the first one to think about this, but I think it would be cool if we can modify guns. Meaning putting new parts on your guns, like different grips or mags. We can make them because we can scarp unwanted guns to get parts to make or replace parts on the guns you use. This way, you don’t have to keep farming to get the gun with the parts you want them to have. Of course, it could cost money or eridium to changes them. I hope to put this in a future DLC ( I don’t know if there are any plans for a new one or not) or in the next game.

1 Like

As much as I’d like this, one of the tropes Borderlands seems to be unable to evolve beyond is not getting what you want, unless by some measure of accident.

4 Likes

Perfectly put.

1 Like

I believe its intentional but it does clash with what the gaming industry looks for nowadays.

ppl are mentally stuck with the thinking this will ruin borderlands
but ppl rly have no idea what they are talking about

once it happens they are like
BEST IDEA EVER

i think having modification options is a great idea
options would be:
magazines with diffferent bonis, ( example is a banana magazine for some cool bonus, looks funny)
trinkets for annointments,
scopes ( cuz honestly this should be customizable… i hate most of the scopes)
skins ( with more options to colour)
maybe some gun parts like as an example hyperion shields or something like that

I’m hoping the new Tiny Tina game will include that. But so far GB has been disappointing me left, right, and center.

Love the idea, especially for changing sights/scopes. That said, the game is about a farming time sink so it’ll cost an unreasonable amount of some currency followed by an adjustment making it slightly less unreasonable.

this will be became a reality at the cost of very low drop rate.