BL3 is turning my Xbox off?

Unfortunately they close the tickets because of SLA’s they have to achieve. Pretty sad to be honest.

3 Likes

It almost adds insult to injury how poor the grammar and spelling are… I mean I know it’s not their first language but come on, you can proof read an email.

Edit: F gearbox… Not cool!

2 Likes

No it isn’t cool in the least and pretty sad considering that they have had a year to address and fix the issue. Guess my console crashing didn’t rank as high on the priority scale as fixing a weapon nerf. I hope I am wrong but I have a gut feeling this will never be fixed and GBX will hope that we will move on and forget about it. Yeah, I am certainly going to move on alright, away from any product from GBX in the future.

1 Like

Happened to me tonight, happens a lot less in performance mode but still turns my Xbox X off for some reason, really hope it gets fixed soon!

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you but I have been hoping for a year now and there is still no fix as of this writing nor is there any acknowledgement from GBX for that matter.

3 Likes

It’s definitely not going to be fixed as indicated by their lack of caring or communication. Pretty ridiculous honestly. I’m done with GB and 2K.

1 Like

Nope it isn’t. I did state though that as asinine as it may sound wouldn’t be surprised at this point that GBX puts a fix for the console crash in future paid content.

Or

We all bought this beta program and tested it for GBX for a year (unpaid mind you) so they could release it in better working condition of the next gen consoles. Your welcome PS5 and Xbox Series S/X owners.

1 Like

Bug fixes do not go in paid content. Never have, and never will.

Hence why I phrased it the way I did. However with that said it has been over a year now and we are no closer to having a fix for the console crash issues but new paid content is coming our way which just goes to show where the priorities are still with GBX.

I do appreciate though yourself and a couple other moderators that do try to assist when you can. May not fix the problem but at least show that someone actually cares.

1 Like

How this still isn’t fixed is beyond me.

My guess is a crash is occurring and pegs the cpu/gpu @100% and it thermals and shuts down.

If you unplug the fan in an x it mirrors the behaviour of bl3 and doesn’t give a overheat warning on shutdown and not all the time on reboot, either the temps spike too quickly (example above) or the cpu is so jammed up it can’t respond by ramping the fan up quickly enough.

Whatever the cause its pathetic it hasn’t been fixed.

1 Like

2k support a year later and still no fix wow

3 Likes

Nope, nothing has changed but I have been told they are aware of the problem, so its only been a year now so I can’t be too impatient on this

4 Likes

Still an issues even on the Series X console. I think we may need to take this to Microsoft. Let them know a game in their store could be causing damages to their consoles and get BL3 pulled from the Microsoft store. That’ll make them really focus on fixing it.

3 Likes

On Xbox Series X playing solo looking at my inventory but when got out my brand new console froze for few seconds then shuts down completely (not to dashboard) YES same old Xbox one X BS all over again, After starting my Xbox series X again i went straight to my games and apps and uninstalled Borderlands 3 and making sure it will never be installed again, Microsoft definitely need to be looking into this.

5 Likes

i have to admin, Gearbox is a pretty weird company…they make awesome games, support the DLc and ignore bugs…a fcking CRASH that’s been going on for a year and now affects Next Gen? WAKE UP GEARBOX!

4 Likes

Amazed how another company, CDPR, not only acknowledge that they are aware their new game is crashing on the consoles BUT they then also release a patch to fix it two days after the game is released. GBX on the other hand over a year after their game has been released…uhhhhh…yeah…

2 Likes

Maybe this latest and greatest patch will address the console crashing issues.

Then again…

2 Likes

As of this last patch, my Xbox One X is still crashing on the Ruiner.

80-90% of the time, has for many months now. So Ruiner is not worth it for me to hard crash my xbox like that that often. Though it says it turns off because it overheated, except it usually crashes after just a couple of shots from my gun, typically I haven’t even landed yet. However, I can farm Freddie or the scrap traps for hours on end with full M10 modifiers going nuts and never have an overheating issue. I’ve sent in support tickets several times to no avail.

2 Likes

I just don’t play it period because this game is not worth bricking a console over and considering no other games do this but Borderlands it narrows it down what the cause is. If it was just happening to me then that is another issue but it clearly isn’t.

My advice at this point is to take this as a learning lesson when it comes to products from @GBX in the future. Spend your money elsewhere and save yourself the frustration from a company that could care less. I’m glad I put my money that I would of spent on a season pass toward Outriders and It Takes Two and couldn’t be happier.

1 Like